Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I was clearly replying to comments about the 4th quarter. I thought we were completely overrun in the 4th quarter
Yep. Yet somehow that is entirely upon the coach, but he gets none of the credit for us winning the entire game?

Man, that was too close in the end for my liking, but what a crucial win. GO YOU PIES!

Played burst footy to great advantage in the 1st-3rd quarters, and then held on against the desperation of the Demons in the last. Their inefficiency at disposals, just as it has the whole year, let them down and we took the points when we needed to and for long enough.

Our defense was HUGE, just tremendous, i could hardly fault them for anything. From Moore down to IQ everyone did lots of small but important things.

Despite Elliot having a really "almost" game, we looked dangerous every time we went fwd in the first 3 quarters. Hill was superb, Checkers and McStay did their parts, Beau worked tirelessly and Ginni brought the energy late.

The Hos played a great game, as did Steele and Pendles when the game was on the line, really good, experienced heads. Cox did ok, especially early on, but Gawn took control in the second half and DC did very little sadly, though his mark and goal was very valuable in the end. We didn't bomb it too much to Lever and the Blockhead, which helped win us the game in the end, i reckon.

Mitchell had a great game, for mind, and Tay worked his butt off as normal, but after half time Petracca and Gawn as basically mid almost turned the tide their way. De Goey was ok as was Oliver, and tey kinda cancelled themselves out.

I am hoping Bruzza will not be punished for what was basically a total football accident. He had no intention of colliding with him, but these things happen in a fast contact game; a penalty would be against the spirit of our game.

C'MON PIES! Enjoy your week off.

Johnny F'n would've been handy tonight! Strange call to drop him.

WHE was excellent. Isn't that what I said?
Why would it be him for JFN?

Doubt WHE was ever at risk of missing this game, his form has been very good. WHE took his spot in defence and was excellent. Especially when compared to JFN’s ordinary form over the last 6 or so weeks so I’m not sure why he’d have been more handy than WHE. Strange call (especially in hindsight) to lament his omission.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In your words, because he “looked clueless” - what would you have done differently?
I said he looked clueless in the 4th quarter. The momentum seemed not to have shifted at all. McCrae is in charge of when to inject the sub. I am sure that some others have suggested that Ginnivan could have been injected earlier than he was which might have assisted (but of course might not have). Fortunately I am not the coach so I am not trained or paid to come up with strategies to overcome significant momentum surges from opponents.

Doubt WHE was ever at risk of missing this game, his form has been very good. WHE took his spot in defence and was excellent. Especially when compared to JFN’s ordinary form over the last 6 or so weeks so I’m not sure why he’d have been more handy than WHE. Strange call (especially in hindsight) to lament his omission.
I will always lament JFN being omitted.
But WHE can play anywhere and I wasn't suggesting he should have been omitted for JFN. That's an erroneous assumption you've jumped to. There were other options you know🙄

Couldn't agree more. A suspension would kill much of my enthusiasm for the game.
Might be wrong, but I think he might get rubbed out.

The politics around concussion has intensified in the past few years, and I think Maynard might be made an example of by the AFL.

The whole incident left a sour taste in my mouth. No winners came out of it.

The concerns

1694093022633.png
1694093060326.png
1694093102099.png

Need to tidy up these areas if we're any chance come PF, luckily for us the dees got the yips in front of the sticks.

i50 differential of -32 usually equates to an absolute belting.

We can't play like that again and expect to win.

Cue in the personal attacks coz these have been mentioned.

Praying like hell we turn it around.

Very happy with the win tonight. Think this sets us up nicely for a flag tilt.

Extra joy for me was seeing my recent ex, a mad Dees supporter, as we crossed paths on the footbridge as we exited.
She completely blanked me when I waved, smiled and went to say hello.
Just reinforced for me what a child she was. Thankful to have moved on from her drama.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back