Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously not a very good one.

The club she - or any other senior AFL staffer - supports should have nothing to do with it. I want Maynard to get off more than I can express, but I would be disappointed if Laura Kane (or anyone else) in her position allowed bias to affect her judgement.

Who cares. She not the other 'lots of people' is the one who supposedly determined that Maynard would not get off without a charge. Her name and sex are in the public arena. No harm in mentioning what's known about the person.
But when others have made decisions you didn't like, was it necessary to mention they were men or may not have played football before? It's not like they just plucked her off the street and she has had no involvement in the football industry.

The club she - or any other senior AFL staffer - supports should have nothing to do with it. I want Maynard to get off more than I can express, but I would be disappointed if Laura Kane (or anyone else) in her position allowed bias to affect her judgement.
Yeah agreed but she shouldn't have stepped in. The fact is she let her AFL bias affect her judgement by doing that. This is the first time someone in her position has stepped in. It's not the right decision it's the best decision for the AFL.

What’s happened in the last 24 hours? Are the media really finding ways to excuse Melbourne and pump them up? We won, and they lost, in a very hard fought game. Yes they lost Brayshaw, who I hope is recovering well, but apart from that they threw absolutely everything at us and we prevailed in a very ‘Collingwood under Fly’ way. And minus our best player.

I took enormous confidence from that win, and I’m still floating. Also hoping to stay elevated after Carlton loses tonight.😁
Didn’t get your wish tonight but you forgot Dees were without their best forward too. Grundy would’ve kicked a bag of ten up front so we’re lucky he didn’t play.

Maynard and Van Rooyen both being classed as careless is most of the problem. One had to make a decision in MID-AIR and tucked his arms in to avoid contact with a forearm, elbow or shoulder. The other ran past the ball and threw a forearm out.
Agree that reports are too outcome based. Given that though, these are reasonable enough. Maynard copped two weeks for concussing with a swinging arm in a spoil.

Yeah agreed but she shouldn't have stepped in. The fact is she let her AFL bias affect her judgement by doing that. This is the first time someone in her position has stepped in. It's not the right decision it's the best decision for the AFL.

I'd love to go with this narrative but the AFL have stepped in during the season the same way and sent the decision to the tribunal. They have done it with contentious concussion issues to protect their future legal proceedings. No one is biased against the Pies here.

IMO its wrong though because it undermines the integrity of the MRO. Why not let the MRO make decisions and let the AFL appeal. I thought the MRO was neutral in deciding laws of the game.

Its a biased and unfair competition.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We all know it was accidental but given the current climate and a few recent cases Bruz was very likely to cop a whack.
And if I was one of the posters that told us ten times last night he had nothing to worry about I'd cancel my account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was the person's sex mentioned because the poster didn't like the decision? I thought it was a very matter of fact mention of it. If Maynard misses the final's series, I'd go a step further and post her photo, address and google map reference along with those of the tribunal members.
I’m inclined to be in non binary agreement with you mate.

I'd love to go with this narrative but the AFL have stepped in during the season the same way and sent the decision to the tribunal. They have done it with contentious concussion issues to protect their future legal proceedings. No one is biased against the Pies here.

IMO its wrong though because it undermines the integrity of the MRO. Why not let the MRO make decisions and let the AFL appeal. I thought the MRO was neutral in deciding laws of the game.

Its a biased and unfair competition.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah they've done it without a grading before but they haven't stepped in to
override the MRO decision before
I never said anyone was biased towards the pies I said they were biased in favour of the AFL. I agree with your post cos it's mostly what I said. In saying that I also think the decision is ultimately biased towards the pies as the moment there is bias towards one party that hurts us then there is bias against us.

I was in the presidents club last night and actually spoke to Laura Kane briefly, funnily enough was about the Pies and that was about it… Can’t believe how tall Gill is, seen him a few times but standing next to the fella you realise how tall he actually is.

Highlights were chatting to Peter Daicos again. Craig Kelly and Peter Moore.

Also, seeing Garry Lyon in the function amongst other Melbourne fellas have the souls taken out of them at the end.

Gill spoke at the start about how Melbourne had a great record against Collingwood in finals etc and you could see the Melbourne crowd get that little extra cockiness over a Penfolds glass of red and slice of vintage cheddar. Well well well, we got the cheddar and I am drinking the wine now.

Sweet Caroline.

Nah. We outplayed them. Got a good lead. And then in the last quarter got numbers back tried for continual ball ups and boundary throw ins to make sure they didn't kick 5 goals
That's not a solid strategy though, *we had chances to expose the dees on turnover in the last but didn't.

*Yeah I know finals pressure just doesn't give you easy transition on exposure, still........

Even though Fly alluded this is some sort of strategy then I'm not sure it's solid. Regardless if we were the brick wall in the last or not.

My hope is that Fly and his panel would rather go for it in the last in the GF rather than 'survive' like what we did last night.

That's not a solid strategy though, *we had chances to expose the dees on turnover in the last but didn't.

*Yeah I know finals pressure just doesn't give you easy transition on exposure, still........

Even though Fly alluded this is some sort of strategy then I'm not sure it's solid. Regardless if we were the brick wall in the last or not.

My hope is that Fly and his panel would rather go for it in the last in the GF rather than 'survive' like what we did last night.
Yea brings back 2018 GF bad memories

It's what we've done ever since the Geelong loss early last year and it hasn't failed yet. It's a damned if you do damned if you you don't situation. If we attack and they chew the lead up really quickly then criticism comes for that too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back