Qld Queensland State Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know the truth.

It bad when the other side uses it. When it's our side, it's a smart tactic.
Robbie Katter brought it up, Crisafulli could have knocked it on the head and didn't. I'm not sure how this qualifies as a Labor scare campaign, it was gifted to them a platter by their opponents.

Geographically, sure. In culture, it's extremely different. The only place in SEQ I'd argue is similar in culture to Byron is somewhere like Maleny.
South east queensland has heaps of places that are wildy care free, deeply anti vaxer and have an unusual affinity for purple crystals just like byron. Maleny, mt tamborine, numerous parts of the gold coast (pretty much most of the gold coast outside of surfers and broadbeach). And that doesnt even count the areas that voted greens at the last federal election in brisbane.

Plus pretty much most of the people living in the byron shire and visiting the byron shire are ex south east queenslanders.

Last edited:
Robbie Katter brought it up, Crisafulli could have knocked it on the head and didn't. I'm not sure how this qualifies as a Labor scare campaign, it was gifted to them a platter by their opponents.
Its a scare campaign if its not their policy but the other party is pretending it is.

You dont have to knock it on the head (we all know the fringes in both parties dont like things knocked on the head even though in reality we all know it aint happening). There simply isnt a big enough religious vote to unwind abortion policy in any state in australia.

Its a scare campaign if its not their policy but the other party is pretending it is.

You dont have to knock it on the head (we all know the fringes in both parties dont like things knocked on the head even though in reality we all know it aint happening).
We don't know what Crisafulli's policy is if he won't tell anyone, this is on him.

You say urban educated elite like its a bad thing. Education is a great thing. Educated people know more then non educated people. We should listen to educated people.

Ps. The urban educated elite are the ones advocating for removing religious subsidies and taxing resource rents.
Educated people know more about their SUBJECT than other people.

I've met more than my share of ( Tertiary ) educated morons.

And I do have a Tertiary education. Don’t conflate education with intelligence. In many cases it’s just persistence.

And in the ALP context I mentioned above, I definitely believe it to be a bad thing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Qld Queensland State Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back