Preview R11: Changes v St Kilda

Which players will be in/out this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For what its worth, i think Pyke plays it pretty straight. I expect Matt Crouch genuinely went out due to soreness, but that once Lyons came in and played well he became the incumbent. To me that suggests they're considered close enough in their value to the side that while one of them is performing well the other has to do a lot to displace him.

Firstly Sam, you were eating hotdogs at Fenway Park until April. Feel free to share with us your thoughts on who we should bring in as our 5th starting pitcher and why we allowed the Orioles to hit 7 out of the park last night but your views on Matty Crouch is based on limited information :rolleyes:.

THE DON has tried dual slowish inside mids up until the last couple of weeks and he is now looking at a slightly different formation. I may be tempted to make my first criticism of THE DON if Matty misses the next 2 matches but I still have a sneaky feeling that Thommo will not suit up on Sunday. THE DON may be wondering why we have so many slowish inside mids on our list and he can't play them all.

IMHO Hendo was next on the list as a medium/small defender when Lairdy was injured. I think THE DON then wanted to try Hendo as an outside midfielder to replace BNM and vB was next in line. If The HENDO or Bran Nue Mackae don't perform then I expect there will be a lot more outside mid options emerge over the next month.

Over the first 10 weeks we have exceeded almost everyone's expectations by winning 6 games and Lever, Atkins, Seedsman, Milera and McGovern have moved into our best 22. Not a bad effort by THE DON and I expect further changes to our batting order over the next 12 matches.

For what its worth, i think Pyke plays it pretty straight. I expect Matt Crouch genuinely went out due to soreness, but that once Lyons came in and played well he became the incumbent. To me that suggests they're considered close enough in their value to the side that while one of them is performing well the other has to do a lot to displace him.

Just on that, if Lyons plays a bad game - which he hasn't yet in this broken run he's been erroneously given - I'd like to see the Selection Committee back in him and not drop him immediately.

Firstly Sam, you were eating hotdogs at Fenway Park until April. Feel free to share with us your thoughts on who we should bring in as our 5th starting pitcher and why we allowed the Orioles to hit 7 out of the park last night but your views on Matty Crouch is based on limited information :rolleyes:.

THE DON has tried dual slowish inside mids up until the last couple of weeks and he is now looking at a slightly different formation. I may be tempted to make my first criticism of THE DON if Matty misses the next 2 matches but I still have a sneaky feeling that Thommo will not suit up on Sunday. THE DON may be wondering why we have so many slowish inside mids on our list and he can't play them all.

IMHO Hendo was next on the list as a medium/small defender when Lairdy was injured. I think THE DON then wanted to try Hendo as an outside midfielder to replace BNM and vB was next in line. If The HENDO or Bran Nue Mackae don't perform then I expect there will be a lot more outside mid options emerge over the next month.

Over the first 10 weeks we have exceeded almost everyone's expectations by winning 6 games and Lever, Atkins, Seedsman, Milera and McGovern have moved into our best 22. Not a bad effort by THE DON and I expect further changes to our batting order over the next 12 matches.

So all of this rubbish to simply stay Matt Crouch is a slow midfielder.

Hope you have booked the cleaner for the Toorak penthouse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So all of this rubbish to simply stay Matt Crouch is a slow midfielder.

Hope you have booked the cleaner for the Toorak penthouse.

Firstly the penthouse is just off Chapel Street in South Yarra, Toorak is the neighbouring suburb.

Secondly, I assumed that you would be back in Boston by October however I have kept 11 spots free for the Alexes.

Hendo's named in the back pocket on the team sheet?

Lynch is named in a forward pocket, Thompson on a half forward flank, and we know there's a good chance that Betts will start the first bounce at CHB for a run through, rather than in the forward pocket.

The field position lists have been more fun than fact for some time now, the only part with any meaning is Thursday's extended bench for Sunday games, as the outs/emergencies always come from the bench.

Go Orioles.

Firstly the penthouse is just off Chapel Street in South Yarra, Toorak is the neighbouring suburb.

Secondly, I assumed that you would be back in Boston by October however I have kept 11 spots free for the Alexes.

Why 11?

You're about 35 short. Anyway, don't head back to bean town until November.

This is the reason have won 4 finals in 20 years. :thumbsu:
And if you believe by inserting all these young guns wins us finals this year you know nothing about list management

June 3 2016
B Crouch 29 games
M Crouch 33 games
R Knight 12 games
J Lever 22 games
K Hartigan 37 games
R Atkins 18 games
C Cameron 35 games
C Ellis Yolmen 12 games
W Milera 7 games
J Lyons 41 games
T Menzel 40 games
M McGovern 10 games
J Kelly 10 games

Wigg , Gore , Dear , Doudee 0 games

Its about managing the whole list as a moving beast. Sure introduce the fresh legs but the brain is new. Its about making sure there are enough fresh legs to propel the beast forward , its having enough brains to know what direction to steer the beast

The only mistake I will agree with was VB instead of Wigg in the last 3 weeks. But even that you could understand the thinking. VB was doing fine in the SANFL so bringing him in was well within the parameters of form. Wiggs form also warranted selection and I thought it was an optimal time to do so. That VB came in for Laird meant he also went out for Laird - which happened.

But stop with this '' they are guns and should play ''

Lynch is named in a forward pocket, Thompson on a half forward flank, and we know there's a good chance that Betts will start the first bounce at CHB for a run through, rather than in the forward pocket.

The field position lists have been more fun than fact for some time now, the only part with any meaning is Thursday's extended bench for Sunday games, as the outs/emergencies always come from the bench.
Still doesn't make my point any less valid, we're spoilt for outside run at the moment, and short on midfield.

Hendo doesn't offer anything on a wing another player can't give in his position, and we could use Matt rotating through the mid.

And if you believe by inserting all these young guns wins us finals this year you know nothing about list management

June 3 2016
B Crouch 29 games
M Crouch 33 games
R Knight 12 games
J Lever 22 games
K Hartigan 37 games
R Atkins 18 games
C Cameron 35 games
C Ellis Yolmen 12 games
W Milera 7 games
J Lyons 41 games
T Menzel 40 games
M McGovern 10 games
J Kelly 10 games

Wigg , Gore , Dear , Doudee 0 games

Its about managing the whole list as a moving beast. Sure introduce the fresh legs but the brain is new. Its about making sure there are enough fresh legs to propel the beast forward , its having enough brains to know what direction to steer the beast

The only mistake I will agree with was VB instead of Wigg in the last 3 weeks. But even that you could understand the thinking. VB was doing fine in the SANFL so bringing him in was well within the parameters of form. Wiggs form also warranted selection and I thought it was an optimal time to do so. That VB came in for Laird meant he also went out for Laird - which happened.

But stop with this '' they are guns and should play ''

Why do people go from one extreme to the other on big footy?

I've spoken about Matt crouch to replace Douglas or Thompson and that's it.

Now the baby is on the floor and the bathwater is quickly going down the drain.

Next all we need is Vader to pop his head in and say we will end up like Melbourne by playing all the kids. **** me drunk.

It seems pretty clear to me. The club doesn't see the likes of Wigg or Doedee as ready to go yet, and so VB/Otten/etc are the depth backup players.

Laird out, VB comes in to cover. Laird available again, VB goes out. I'm happy with that.

In Crouch's case, he went out and Lyons was his replacement. Lyons has played well enough to stay in. Douglas had a reasonable game last weekend, can't drop him on that. Crouch can earn his spot back. It's not like he put it beyond doubt before he went out with soreness.

Brad has obviously gone down the pecking order a bit, and rightfully so. He was embarrassingly poor before his dropping. He will be made to earn his spot back as well.

Neither of the Crouch's can play Hendo's role, and ideas like moving Lever into his role are robbing Peter to pay Paul. He wasn't actually terrible last weekend either. Not great, but servicable. Nobody in the SANFL is really putting up their hand to play his role.

Why do people go from one extreme to the other on big footy?

I've spoken about Matt crouch to replace Douglas or Thompson and that's it.

Now the baby is on the floor and the bathwater is quickly going down the drain.

Next all we need is Vader to pop his head in and say we will end up like Melbourne by playing all the kids. **** me drunk.
Don't run away from what you said.
This is the reason have won 4 finals in 20 years

ie the selection policies of playing older players. Which you BOLDED

So don't cry when someone picks you up on it

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R11: Changes v St Kilda

Back