Preview R16: Changes vs. GWS Giants

This week Riley Thilthorpe should be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know all of the club's problems are not down to Nicks, he is pushing an uphill battle in some cases but his constant backing of Jones, McHenry and Murphy is an absolute blight.

They have all played 70+ games and have shown they are not up to it, Nicks' continuing to play them just doesnt make sense and reflects poorly on him, to me it borders on selfishness and self preservation.

If we were competing for finals I would nearly understand it, the logic being while they are not world beaters their game day output might be better than Taylor, Curtin and Pedlar right now, but we are not competing for finals. If Jones, Murphy and McHenry are in our 22 for round 1 next year we are in all sorts of trouble. Thats why we need to be playing the others now, rather than Nicks trying to polish a turd.

The wins are super important to the team and the player development.
I don’t know where this myth started but it’s the biggest load of horse shit there is.
Getting games into players is most important. We need to work out who will make it and who won’t. It also allows the players to get to know each other on the field, working for each other, anticipating moves, etc. Finishing as low as we can when we won’t make finals is more important than winning. Even pick 5 to pick 4 is huge.
Losing by large margins consistently will not destroy a player.
Winning will come and when it does it will be a major push to premiership contention.

I don’t know where this myth started but it’s the biggest load of horse shit there is.
Getting games into players is most important. We need to work out who will make it and who won’t. It also allows the players to get to know each other on the field, working for each other, anticipating moves, etc. Finishing as low as we can when we won’t make finals is more important than winning. Even pick 5 to pick 4 is huge.
Losing by large margins consistently will not destroy a player.
Winning will come and when it does it will be a major push to premiership contention.
I want to win in every game I play

Booing Nicks ain't going to achieve a heck of a lot - yes it's a sign loyal supporters are fed up with his fugly game plan, his refusal to develop talent and his dismal results, but he won't care because he's got a two year extension. The boys club doesn't give a crap either as long as there are bums on seats, and money being spent at the bars and kiosks.

The only thing that could shake things up before the end of the season is not showing up. The media may take pot shots at fans booing as childish, but the image of a half empty Adelaide Oval with the coffers of the Crows, the AFL and the SMA being hit hard (where it really hurts them) is something that can't be laughed off. Especially during prime time broadcasts to a National audience.
Yeah, reckon give tomorrow night's game a miss... & send the club a message.

Not feeling 100% & can drink a better red at home in the warmth.

Yeah, reckon give tomorrow night's game a miss... & send the club a message.

Not feeling 100% & can drink a better red at home in the warmth.
Ive read your stories previously on here, you seem to also cook up a feast to go with the red as well.:thumbsu:

In light of the Club's performance and stubbornness, combined with the weather, you and others will definitely have a better time, watching the game live in the comfort of your home along with the online banter too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was all over the shop, at times unintelligible, making no sense. He left it all to interpretation. It wasn't in the least bit inspiring.

My first thoughts were - WTF, now you with the double speak?

This is the other problem with protecting duds and refusing to take accountability and act - you force others to adopt your attitude, because they have no choice.

You think someone like Dawson is happy being at a shit club with a poorly resourced coaching panel, shit recruitment department, crap list management etc?

I doubt it - but he's forced to publicly toe the company line of incompetence.

Club draft day:

"Oh, we got the steal of the draft. This guy's big, talented, possibly the real best player in the draft."

Club rest of the year:

"Yeah, this guy's a serious potato. You can't imagine the damage he'd cause if we played him at AFL level".

Right?

Even worse - if he didn't fit the profile of what we wanted/NEEDED, and we weren't going to play him this year...

Why didn't we do the WCE trade for their first pick this year?

Early last year it was an absolute disgrace that Nixy wasn’t playing Keane.

Now as a 23 game AFL veteran, the Irishman now qualifies as a whipping boy on Bigfooty. I predict that Billy Dowling will reach whipping boy status by August.

Strangely, some of the same posters who scream on the selection thread that certain inexperienced players must be played, are the first to call the same players Spuds.

I am a fan of the Irishman and I hope that we continue to play him.
When a player is having an off day you move him Nicks didn't Moron His fault wake the feck up those who think it's Keane ffs

I want to win in every game I play
As a player of course you do. As a coach and club you should be looking at the best long term scenario and for the last five years that should have been playing the young guys. Every player running on to the ground would be trying their hardest and learning from their mistakes, picking up on the tricks from their opposition.

As a player of course you do. As a coach and club you should be looking at the best long term scenario and for the last five years that should have been playing the young guys. Every player running on to the ground would be trying their hardest and learning from their mistakes, picking up on the tricks from their opposition.
Can understand from a coaching point: but have to disagree that getting flog won’t destroy a player it certainly doesn’t help them

Back