Preview R16: Changes vs. GWS Giants

This week Riley Thilthorpe should be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Other top 10 picks (you conveniently left out) Ethan Read - 4 games, Nate Caddy, 2 games. Add in #11 Connor O'Sullivan - 1 game. All talls. No supporters at those clubs losing their minds they aren't playing. Because it's perfectly normal.

I dont think their supporters are upset because their teams season are still alive.

Essendon is 2nd, Geelong 7th and Gold Coast is a game out of the 8. If we weren't bottom 4 with our season over - there wouldn't be the negativity.

Our season is over and our club is trotting out lines about how they won't gift games to players and they will try and win every game possible from here on out. That is the concern.

If we were sitting 5th and fighting for a top 4 spot -then there would be no problems.

It is an absolutely baffling and stupid decision if you look at in comparison to teams from every single equalisation sport in the entire world.

I have, when it’s the only way the club will make changes, unfortunately it’s happened a few times with the Crows. I went for Richmond, Sydney and I’ll be hoping we lose every game except the Showdown

Well - lets not rule anything out. If Port winning and Adelaide losing that showdown means they keep Ken and we lose Nicks - I am gonna look like Roo on the boundary line!

Other top 10 picks (you conveniently left out) Ethan Read - 4 games, Nate Caddy, 2 games. Add in #11 Connor O'Sullivan - 1 game. All talls. No supporters at those clubs losing their minds they aren't playing. Because it's perfectly normal.
Yes because those three clubs supporters all have finals to worry about.
We on the other hand have never had to worry about it this year.
Completely different scenarios for those clubs vs us.

Nicks probably thinks we can still make finals.

Get him out and the clowns in the selection committee out. Murphy, Berry and EH shouldn’t even be there.

No wonder Nicks has a shit success rate where his percentage is boosted by beating up on bottom teams as he plays the same old players

Well - lets not rule anything out. If Port winning and Adelaide losing that showdown means they keep Ken and we lose Nicks - I am gonna look like Roo on the boundary line!

I really don’t care if we lose the Showdown as we are already ahead in the head to head so it just evens up the ledger.

I’m boycotting our games until Murphy is no longer in the side.

So we are listed as going in with Dawson, Laird and Berry at the CBA (no Soligo, no Rankine, of course no Dowling)

Against GWS, that's like the Hens walking right into the Foxes den.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dowling is named as Sub - it would be a typically arrogant FU directed at us supporters.

You’re a better man than me, I won’t even watch
I'll be watching the MotoGP qualifying instead. Assen is one of the best rounds on the calendar.

Based on that 23 id line up something like the below

F Himmelberg Walker Dowling

HF Keays Fogarty Rachele

C Jones Dawson Sholl

HB Michlanney Murray Laird

B Hinge Butts Keane

R O’Brien Rankine Soligo

I Nankervis Cook Berry Hamill

S Murphy

Club draft day:

"Oh, we got the steal of the draft. This guy's big, talented, possibly the real best player in the draft."

Club rest of the year:

"Yeah, this guy's a serious potato. You can't imagine the damage he'd cause if we played him at AFL level".

Club draft day:

"Oh, we got the steal of the draft. This guy's big, talented, possibly the real best player in the draft."

Club rest of the year:

"Yeah, this guy's a serious potato. You can't imagine the damage he'd cause if we played him at AFL level".

You’d think we would play our top draft pick throughout the year like every other team this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should we just pass on all of our picks this year?

We obviously don't need drafting or list improvement. Our current team is the best possible team that could ever exist ever, and the club is doing everything right.

That they are pathetic on field is just bad luck really. By repeating it for another few Nicks seasons we'll really get the reward.

Never understood this.

In a league where losing directly impacts getting better - I can't understand wanting to win once we can't make the finals.
It basically guarantees you can't have the ultimate success, yet people still call for it

No.

I enjoy the day and the routine too much.

On the day, watching the chooks come home to roost after selection, watching the same tactic fail again and again, watching some bonafide spud destroy us, watching us either forfeit a cracking start and losing by a goal or giving up a 3-4goal start to the oppo, reeling them in to get in front and then lose at the death, is like watching a car crash - you don't want to but you can't take your eyes away.

Then, someone will kick out to the left, and suddenly you think things can change, that there is hope...
Freezing my **** off at AO to watch the Crows get its collective arse handed to it time after time has become old.
I may go to the last two day games. At least I'll be warm as said arse is delivered.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he does actually play there - and the team sheet means nothing - then fine. Part of our development of players should be working on their deficiencies. Curtin has struggled to defend 1v1 so let's give him some minutes one out with a good tall forward to work on that. I'm pretty sure being named on an SANFL team sheet means he has to play there for the rest of his career.
You’re taking the piss right?

Part of our player development? How about further developing the strengths he got drafted for?

When will the club focus on developing the weaknesses of those in the leadership group? Midget Murphy? Cement hands O’Brien?

Never understood this.

In a league where losing directly impacts getting better - I can't understand wanting to win once we can't make the finals.
If we've got the pieces in place, then go gung ho for winning

Soligo, Pedlar, Rachele, Rankine through the middle
Thilthorpe and Fog leading the forward line
Youngsters like Taylor, Nankervis, Curtin being ushered in
Surrounded by senior players who'll be our leaders over the next 5 or so years Dawson, ?, ?, ?

Having that group experiencing some wins and becoming an AFL standard unit, I can see some value in that

Trying to squeeze a win or two out of some mid-range low ceiling types, some who are about to age out, others who are likely getting traded...? I don't see any value whatsoever.

Back