Review R17: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

The only real positive is we kept with Brisbane - the current form team in the comp at home - for a game with Dawson having his worst game at Adelaide, and Rankine, Fogarty (bar five minutes), Soligo and Hinge being relatively ineffective which is a decent ticks for the kids in the middle part of the lineup.

However, when your two highest meters gained players are Nick Murray (501) and Mark Keane (478), your game plan has been smashed to pieces.

Actually, the other positive, we moved Dawson back to defense. Before you @ me, I'm all for keeping him as a 40-50% CBA player, but when he's rotated out - he has to go back to defense and not to the forward line. Dawson's kick is just too invaluable in the def--mid part of the ground and as an interceptor.

Kids wise, I'd say Nankervis and Dowlings star rose a bit more. Interesting we threw a couple of CBA's Dowlings way as an attempt to negate Neale. Didn't work, but one to keep an eye on as we've flagged that we see him as a potential inside midfielder in the future.

The problem with this sort of loss though is that the club can spin it that we were 'close' and 'gallant'...

There just won't be enough pressure on Nicks
The pressure was always going to be next year (he has an out due to the injuries despite everyone knowing it was the 0-4 shit start and new game plan he used which stuffed the season), he either makes Finals or don't and get sacked. And even if he makes Finals, doubtful we will re-sign early in 2026 if we don't show improvement on 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a shame that Himmelberg will probably go out for RT, because he was our most dangerous tall forward alongside Tex today.

Two brilliant contested marks, especially that one I50 against a very good opponent. Also converted his chances in front of goal.

Thought Murphy actually did a decent job of limiting Neale’s impact in the 2nd half.

Keane intercepted well as always, just a couple of silly mistakes.

The people who predicted we would lose by 10 goals are the ones wetting the bed about an 11 point loss.
You really need to reassess your sleep/urination issues.
You’re missing from the positive thread. Your contribution is to criticise posters, you literally provide no football contribution at all.

And you might want to check the ladder and then post in the we are shit thread instead

It’s a shame that Himmelberg will probably go out for RT, because he was our most dangerous tall forward alongside Tex today.

Two brilliant contested marks, especially that one I50 against a very good opponent. Also converted his chances in front of goal.

Thought Murphy actually did a decent job of limiting Neale’s impact in the 2nd half.

Nah RT isn’t ready

The people who predicted we would lose by 10 goals are the ones wetting the bed about an 11 point loss.
You really need to reassess your sleep/urination issues.
Needs more coloured hearts.

Good
We were in the game
Keays
Dowling a bit of on ball time, makes some errors but does some good things.
Max in the minority as someone with composure

Bad
Midfield pathetic. Soligo and Berry under 20 touches vs Neale and Dunkley who had 35 each. Laird no impact. We are totally ****ed in this area of the ground, paying a big price for drafting and not playing kids in here for years.
Taylor sub

Ugly
Murphy - different week same sht
Smith - braindead 55m bombs again, over it.
Himmelberg - bad things happen when he touches it in the middle of the ground
Keane - brain fart specalist
Nankervis - crap, stop clearing the ball through the middle of the ground
Umpiring - all time low

I’m confused with the Rankine incident, didn’t he get him in the chest?
Yes, but there was whiplash and head to head contact which led to concussion. They will argue that he chose to bump and the end result is concussion. They're saying he will get mininum 3 games (possibly more).

Yep we actually looked better when we moved Murphy out of a role where he was expected to win the ball or dispose of it.

Was fumbling absolutely everything in the first half and we improved forward when he stopped being involved.

Limiting Neale to 13 touches in the second half (though 9 in the last quarter, the most of anyone) was a bonus

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R17: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back