Preview R18: Changes vs. St. Kilda

Who do you think will replace Rankine in the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Have the selectors ruled a line through Chayce Jones as well as McHenry?

Shouldn’t have. Ned has never looked good. Chayce looked good early, then we developed him to a 4 touch SANFL mid level before he became good player behind the ball and good player on the wing, both at AFL level. Injury intervened and he deserves another opportunity in 2025. Ned does not.

Shouldn’t have. Ned has never looked good. Chayce looked good early, then we developed him to a 4 touch SANFL mid level before he became good player behind the ball and good player on the wing, both at AFL level. Injury intervened and he deserves another opportunity in 2025. Ned does not.

I thought Ned was an essential non statistical shape runner

Seriously though, Chayce is merely a victim of depth building. The list management and coaching staff was to see our list moving forward. Some players have to make way so we can put games into Dowling, Taylor, Bond and maybe Curtin.

As for our changes. Well its good to see RT back.

Gobsmacked that neither Ned nor Jones are in. So that’s a plus. Pleased Bond is making his debut. Another plus. Not sure about the Thilthorpe selection given the expected weather, BUT, it’s not Ned or Jones so YAY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad thing is, the non selection of Ned wasn't because he's done at AFL level, it's because Nick's is tanking and doesn't want an accidental win by playing Ned.

Not sure why people keep thinking this will be a wet night, barely any rain forecast and likely to come morning/early arvo.

AT least I am pleased to see our younger players are still in the team, Dowling, Cook, Zac T and now 007 gets his first game. When you add in Soligo, Rachele Nankervis (pity that Pedler is injured) thats a significant number of youngsters. We now need to get Curtin into the ones. I look at Dowling and whilst I am pleased we are sticking with him I dont really understand why we haven't done the same with Curtin.
Overall very heartening. Nankervis looks very comfortable down back

Sad thing is, the non selection of Ned wasn't because he's done at AFL level, it's because Nick's is tanking and doesn't want an accidental win by playing Ned.

You’d have to be new to the AFC if you don’t understand that we are putting every egg we have in the basket if winning the 4 points this week.

Don’t mind 4 talls. Three on the ground at any one time, not just Tex and Fog. Finally some marking power up forward and around the ground. In theory at least. Looking forward to seeing RT roam up to the wing and be that transition marking option we’ve lacked

No he wasn't. Hugh Bond was a inside midfield with the Rebels. He was a tackling machine. IIRC, his average was around 9 a game

Didn't start playing as a defender until he arrived at the Crows.

It was clearly written up - he played lockdown through all the u18 championship games, and it was mentioned at the time

I realise he played mid in the Coates league - but we picked him for his champs games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Preview R18: Changes vs. St. Kilda

Back