Review R18: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I actually thought they might pull the pin and not even sub him in during half time with the conditions.
They wouldn’t want him to do much ruck work I wouldn’t have thought first up which reduced flexibility when to use him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think during the third quarter downpour they were considering doing just that based on what he said in his presser.

BAD:
--- the hell-awful Umpiring :mad:; bizarre htb decisions and ridiculous use of the 'insufficient intent" rule (they were playing on an ice rink with a ball-shaped block of ice ffs). Plenty of high hits not called.
--- also, the non-calls of several really bad kicking-in-danger incidents against both teams. If Murphy's attempted kick had got that bloke in the head it would've killed him.
--- ROB again, sadly, outrucked.

--- also this: " BEST Adelaide: Dawson, Laird :oops:, Sholl, Keays, Taylor", wtf?
Kicks do not = effectiveness. Laird bombed away all night (but I woulda been happier if he low-grubbed some chaos-ball forward).
I watched laird closely last night. His disposal was far better than it’s been for weeks. 13 tackles too. Was definitely in our best.

If experience is everything then it's about getting as many players we see as best 22 to 100 games as fast as possible.

Just by your post we'd be 20-30 games closer to our premiership window now if they played earlier. Assuming these players are part of it.
OMG, no, we wouldn't necessarily at all. You are like fn programmed robots, its like you can't even comprehend anything other than "playing good kids = guaranteed premiership".

I already quoted the cases of GWS and GC who have had more top draft picks than us or anyone and being forced to play all the kids all the time. Where's their premierships?

I also asked about Clarkson. He's playing experienced players not likely to be around during next premiership window. Wrong according to BF simpleton logic.

I'm happy to read long posts if the author seems like someone who can operate a light switch. I don't think there's value in reading long posts written by you.

You seem to be under a misapprehension that you're functioning well, as if this unconnected random selection of pablum is impressing anyone.
Lol, been to the Sanders school of using an infrequent word = im really intelligent have we? Shall I use google thesaurus to come up with a synonym for inept to show my galaxy brain too? We have the prediction threads on this board to separate people with genuine footy knowledge from captain hindsights. Sanders never goes in them, I don't recall you in there a lot either.

Love the club because we are backing in the kids and they are showing good signs but I think it’s time for Rachelle to get dropped to sanfl. He has no confidence and is not having a positive impact right now. Some time in the 2s to get confidence back, he’s a real concern. He seems a bit soft and doesn’t go back hard enough in my eyes. Compare him to Sholl who went back hard, no knowing was was behind him. Rash needs to improve

Maybe just play him as a full time forward pocket.

After watching the SANFL, i reckon it would male him worse

Lol, been to the Sanders school of using an infrequent word = im really intelligent have we? Shall I use google thesaurus to come up with a synonym for inept to show my galaxy brain too? We have the prediction threads on this board to separate people with genuine footy knowledge from captain hindsights. Sanders never goes in them, I don't recall you in there a lot either.

How much insecurity do you want to project?

Don't be frightened of words you don't know mate, they can't really hurt you.

Now, take off the sleeves, and change 8 to 25. How would you react.

Having watched this board for over a decade, I can assure you that exact same play would've been in the ugly category.
I don't recall Ned doing any CBAs, doesn't mean he hasn't. I think over the years supporters have called for it, but coaches have never given him that role. Probably not skilful enough for Nicks.

What was impressive was Rachele's desperate effort to get into the game and impact on his only CBA.

Half forward is not easy to play. Often, that position gets caught out too short or too deep. This doesn't mean ours not an important role Rachele plays, what is important is making the most of your moments. The ball was super slippery last night, it wasn't easy for anybody.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No argument that they say useless stuff a lot.

Do you think theyre gonna say well, here's all our exact specific plans for all our players and give away all our intel so the other teams can use it against us?
They could say something positive

' Zac is playing well and is close . An opportunity may come up and we know he will be ready''

Instead we get '' he still has things to work on ''

Thats shit parenting

I really enjoyed the game. We were a different team after half time - something changed and our intent and intensity lifted, as did our skill level (which is bizarre given the rain).

The collective crowd enthusiasm seeing TT back playing in the last qtr was palpable. A beautiful thing
Exactly my thoughts too. In the 2nd half rain we seemed to structure up better,even (dare I say it) shaped better (Ha!)
and were much better in the close contests. Loved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good debut doing his role, freeing up Max further up the ground.

Must be given a block of games now.

Smith can make way for Hinge returning.

The bad:

the happy clappers only turn up when we win. and expecct us to believe in their positivity bullshit.
Not true. We are here every week, but we are only allowed to be happy publicly after a win so we don’t get ostracised by those who take it all too seriously. And even then we are walking on eggshells because unless the narrative is “sack the coach” and “all is doomed at The Adelaide Football Club”, the other mob are never happy. Happy clappers is an amazing mindset. It’s actually quite liberating!

Have the coaches votes come out yet.
AFL website has
BEST
Adelaide:
Dawson, Laird, Sholl, Keays, Taylor
St Kilda: Phillipou, Clark, Marshall, Wanganeen-Milera

I would have had Soligo, Berry, Keane , Murray and Michalanney somewhere in that list. Our defense was great last night.
Billy Dowling had a top match.

I hope Nicks is feeling really, really stupid for not wanting to play youth and then seeing how well they've performed.
Remember Neil Craig's "imagine what our side would look like without those (senior) guys" retort?

In Craigy's defence though the senior guys back then were only keeping out guys like Gunston, Walker, Sloane, Talia, Davis...

Im not fed any ****ing thing. Just sick of the herd mentality in here. Nicks has made some monumental mistakes, never said he didnt. I’d prefer Buckley as coach going forward. But the way you lot carry on is ridiculous. You all think you know better, but the fact is, you don’t have a clue. You harp on every tiny little thing as if it’s the end of the world. Injuries happened, kids got played, kids do well so end up playing some more. Nicks made mistakes, learns from them and hopefully will be better in the future.

Sorry Jenny, but he is five years into the job and he hasn’t to date learnt from mistakes.

And our youngsters are only getting games thru injury.

Do you honestly think that if we were pressing for the 8 that McHenry and Jones wouldn’t still be getting games?

I gotta agree with Nath here

How about he develops any semblance of an attacking game plan after coaching for over a decade? The only two times he has made GFs were years they were actually top 6 for scoring; otherwise, usually bottom 10.

Also, phones weren’t designed to withstand an angry person just smashing them on a hard wooden desk…

Sorry Jenny, but he is five years into the job and he hasn’t to date learnt from mistakes.

And our youngsters are only getting games thru injury.

Do you honestly think that if we were pressing for the 8 that McHenry and Jones wouldn’t still be getting games?

Maybe. Ned has been fringe all year - half his games he started as sub

Jones was coming off a much improved year - but just hasn’t been able to find his form from last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R18: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back