Preview R19: Changes vs. Essendon

Will Daniel Curtin come into the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinge will be back this week, hopefully see the following changes at a minimum:
Hinge for Smith or Cook (one stays as the sub)
RT for Berg

Then unleash Curtin as a midfielder against the Hawks, replacing whoever is the sub out of Smith or Cook (Murphy then goes to sub role)

Hinge will be back this week, hopefully see the following changes at a minimum:
Hinge for Smith or Cook (one stays as the sub)
RT for Berg

Then unleash Curtin as a midfielder against the Hawks, replacing whoever is the sub out of Smith or Cook (Murphy then goes to sub role)
Murphy not out quick enough

Yep Essendon are a bogey team. They run and gun well against us and we usually struggle to go with their speed.
Hopefully we see Keays tag Martin, someone tag Merrett and we may be a chance

And O’Brien can’t completely spud it up

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You think Nicks will change the game plan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah good point. TBH if he wants an education maybe he could have a spurt or 2 on Zach Merrett.

He's the exact type of mid who usually burns us. And Hugh looks like a match physically (speed, size, endurance).

Massive call for a 2nd gamer, but why not right? Season is shot, time to give some kids a role they wouldn't usually be given
Yeah, I think all our young mids should run with Zach Merrett to see what an elite mid workrate looks like, although they got a good look at Neale and thats probably enough :D

Those guys would blow Dowling, Bond and Taylor up by half time.

Can our social media team fire back something witty?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
A question that sums up our club to a degree.

No they can't. They're very professional, slick. I'm sure they're dedicated, know the technicalities of what they do.

However social media is an ever-changing young person's game. Knowing what will catch fire, sense of humour, "bantz". Memes and short vids. Tiktok generation.

We don't have it and those who do the hiring at our club wouldn't recognise those who do. I imagine that our social media team have a background in designing websites and coding.

Why can't we beat these schlubs?

We seem to come out at snail's pace against them every time whereas the Essendon players are instantly at grand final intensity

They suddenly are a team of Usain Bolts in terms of speed, all across the field but we're running in quicksand.

Inevitably after a pantsing in Melbourne there are whispers that flu must have gone through our club in the week leading up.

Our performances before and after Essendon games can be good but we reserve our worst football for the 2 hours we're playing them. Every season.

Their spuddiest players look like superstars for one week only.

This trait has extended through multiple coaches, changing line ups. It's in our DNA. Even in our 97 premiership year, just before winning 4 finals on the bounce, we lost to a woeful 3rd-from bottom-Bombers team.

Why do we almost always lose? Why will it change this Friday?

Very high standard session in extremely windy conditions
Unsure if this helps us when we rock up to a bone dry surface & completely windless Marvel Stadium in 3 days time. We are so bad at playing there I hope we're trying something different this week to get our heads around it. I still haven't decided if I'll go on Friday. Waiting to hear who we name in the team...

Why can't we beat these schlubs?

We seem to come out at snail's pace against them every time whereas the Essendon players are instantly at grand final intensity

They suddenly are a team of Usain Bolts in terms of speed, all across the field but we're running in quicksand.

Inevitably after a pantsing in Melbourne there are whispers that flu must have gone through our club in the week leading up.

Our performances before and after Essendon games can be good but we reserve our worst football for the 2 hours we're playing them. Every season.

Their spuddiest players look like superstars for one week only.

This trait has extended through multiple coaches, changing line ups. It's in our DNA. Even in our 97 premiership year, just before winning 4 finals on the bounce, we lost to a woeful 3rd-from bottom-Bombers team.

Why do we almost always lose? Why will it change this Friday?
So true. It's infuriating.

Also the umpiring fraternity haven't forgotten their stellar performance in that absolutely rigged final 1993 IIRC and always seem to emulate that performance in some form.

Last edited:

No they can't. They're very professional, slick. I'm sure they're dedicated, know the technicalities of what they do.

However social media is an ever-changing young person's game. Knowing what will catch fire, sense of humour, "bantz". Memes and short vids. Tiktok generation.

We don't have it and those who do the hiring at our club wouldn't recognise those who do. I imagine that our social media team have a background in designing websites and coding.
Our social media game is actually quite good, weird take.

Press release from the Adelaide Crows:

The Adelaide Football Club would like to draw to the attention of the Essendon Football, the Australian Football League and the wider football community that there appears to be some confusion regarding the playing venue and associated logistics for this Friday's scheduled round 19 fixture.
For the avoidance of doubt we would refer all parties to the published fixture which can be found at https://www.afl.com.au/fixture?Competition=1&Season=62&Round=973 which unequivocally states that the match shall take place at Marvel Stadium (formerly known as Docklands).
We trust that this eliminates any unnecessary confusion and we look forward to a spirited clash.
#weflyasone

Press release from the Adelaide Crows:

The Adelaide Football Club would like to draw to the attention of the Essendon Football, the Australian Football League and the wider football community that there appears to be some confusion regarding the playing venue and associated logistics for this Friday's scheduled round 19 fixture.
For the avoidance of doubt we would refer all parties to the published fixture which can be found at https://www.afl.com.au/fixture?Competition=1&Season=62&Round=973 which unequivocally states that the match shall take place at Marvel Stadium (formerly known as Docklands).
We trust that this eliminates any unnecessary confusion and we look forward to a spirited clash.
#weflyasone
LOL I can't tell if that's clever tongue in cheek or a very royal stoic statement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R19: Changes vs. Essendon

Back