Good:
That winning feeling
Massive confidence booster for Rachele
Keays
Fog
Kicking 8 in a row
The young guys delivering the goods

Bad:
Injuries (but Muzz sounded positive in the rooms 🤞)
Conceding 7 in a row
The old guys delivering the bads
Losing grip on pick 4

Ugly:
Umpiring
Vic bias

Last edited:
Could this be a turning point?

Horrific umpiring against. Losing two of your key defenders. Captain off the ground for most of the last quarter. Three goals behind with a young team and unfortunately carrying a few (we need not name them). And you won.

Rachele deserved that. Fogarty deserved that. They all did.

Really hope that this game can be a boost you need heading into the preseason and new year. Despite how disappointing the season has been overall, you could, just maybe be in a better position than a year ago, due to the emergence of some new players and development of a heap of others. 🤞
The vibe was right tonight good instincts lol

Toot Toot

The Nostradamus

Pregame post

I had initially tipped Essendon x 17 but after seeing there changes and ours I'm not so sure

I hope we open up the forward 50 for the FogThorpe

I hope we see intent in our game plan - go deep when we are open and short when presented with better options

Keays to kick 4 sharking the FogThorpe leavings , Murphy and Rachelle 2 each

Laird 40 back to back disposals and 121m gained

And yet because its at Marvel I think Essendon win just on a brain dead decision by someone
-----------
Nearly at the end there - just so glad it went our way tonight

The incredible
Ben Keays

The Great
Fog. Even without the goals, his work was exceptional

The Amazing
Our last quarter midfield was Keays, Taylor and Berry. And we won the game. Unbelievable

The Good
Hinge
Max
Taylor
Dowling

The Enigmas
Rachele - Awful, lazy, soft, 3 goals, match winner.
Keane - some good, some awful. Bizarre

The absolute disgrace
The discrepancy between the free kicks Ess got in front of goal and what our forwards had to deal with. Would love to see the F50 free kick counts

The who the hell knows
Holding the ball. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I have absolutely no idea what it is anymore

Good:
Keays - Has really transformed himself into a bloody good forward - applies pressure AND kicks goals.
Fog - Awesome he got rewarded on the scoreboard, being putting together a very good season.
Max - Love his composure and how he takes the games on, breaking the lines - what a star he will be for us.
Getting some good game time into our youngsters.
Rachelle - winning goal, hope that gets him up and about.

Bad:
Smith - Soooo past it, Nicks putting his woeful footy IQ on show by continually picking this guy.
Murphy - 1 handball in the last quarter, he is now a senior player and should be able to contribute when the heat is on
ROB - terrible performance
(Get rid of these 3 and we will be a much better team)
Chief could upgrade the BF servers, he could use some of the income from all the bloody ads we get bombarded with!

Ugly:
Umpiring, bewildering performance, AFL need to pull their head out their arse and admit their is a major problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is our thread but **** me I love that the Vic media was frothing over Essendon being a Top 4 side for half the year (and during the 3rd quarter tonight) and at the moment they're 3 results away from being out of the 8 at the end of the weekend.

Good
Keays was huge.
Fog brilliant.
Our young players like Dowling, Taylor, Max and others.
Fighting out the win

Bad
Allowing the comeback in the 3rd.
Murph. Again.
Injuries to our key backs.

Ugly
Umpire bias

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R19: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back