Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want us to win our 2024 Grand Final in R23.

I never felt this way about Showdowns previously, but beating the Power would derail any chance they had of a home final.

I still want Port to make the 8, in the 7th or 8th position, it would be many lols on here in September.
They will be shitting themselves if they need to win the Showdown to make the finals...

They will be shitting themselves if they need to win the Showdown to make the finals...
Their down hill skier's much prefer beating up on bottom 8 sides and or when there is zero pressure.

The R23 game will be our "Final" this year. Im looking forward to it.

Dawson and Rankine should be locks for the game, adding hopefully Curtin and TT to the side that beat Port earlier this year.

My patience is fast running out.

This year has nearly been a complete waste... made worse Nix isn't even using to prepare for next season as we are still a 0.6% finals chance.

Curtin shouldn't only be playing this week, but the rest of the season, along with all our best young talent.
It was a tongue in cheek post, I couldn’t agree more

Their down hill skier's much prefer beating up on bottom 8 sides and or when there is zero pressure.

Dawson and Rankine should be locks for the game, adding hopefully Curtin and TT to the side that beat Port earlier this year.
& Murray & Worrell hopefully back too.

Or maybe Dan is like the majority of first round picks through history. A bust.

Not saying he is. But history says only a handful of first rounders go on to meet expectations given to them at draft time.

My guess though is that nicks is the bust.
Doesnt look like a bust. Been best for us the last 2 weeks playing as a mid in the SANFL. The actual position he should always have been playing

1 win doesn't make a season...
Our losses in 2024 in games we should have won, is what cost us a Top 8 chance this year.

Losing especially to the Dons and Tigers by less than 10pts, killed our chances. Inexcusable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Increased our chances of playing finals from 0.5% to 0.6%.

Whoohoo!
Nicks last Friday Night.

"We can still make the 8." :drunk:

tenor.gif

Yup, that’s my point. At the very least, they don’t trust him defensively. Yet.

But somehow they trust the spuds who get games over and over.

We are 14th and still rebuilding. Just play the kid and keep him in.

The problem is that our coaches stifle creative, attacking players. They are too defensively minded. Nicks comes from the Sydney bloods culture, when it was all about the dour defensive stuff.

It’s nicks’ coaching philosophies that are ruining the club.
Sorry to introduce facts into your fiction, but name the first non-finals team that finished as the highest scoring last year for the first time in decades? PS it was also the team that had the second hardest draw for the year.

This should be good :)

Smith is useless as a defender against fast small/medium forwards. Jones is needed because he has genuine pace and can make life difficult for his opponent. Cannot understand why people are worrying about Jones when Smith is still playing. Plus Jones has always been good playing behind the ball, it’s what resurrected his career and underpinned his good performances on a wing pre-injury.
Good point 😂. I agree. You saw my Jones and raised with a smith 👍. Selection is screwed

Sorry to introduce facts into your fiction, but name the first non-finals team that finished as the highest scoring last year for the first time in decades? PS it was also the team that had the second hardest draw for the year.

This should be good :)
2nd hardest because we didn't get to play ourselves

Over the last few weeks we have seen Dawson start at half forward, move on ball, then float back as an extra defender.
Why can't Curtin do the same? He doesn't have to be full time midfield. Maybe he plays a bit forward, a bit wing, has a run over the ground on ball, swings to half back for a bit.
Just let him play.

Would be a great opportunity to play him wing and push Dowling more on ball.

There are many options to play Curtin. To not do so would just be utter stupidity.
Literally the perfect role for Curtin

Been waiting for Dawson out to make it happen and here we get the opportunity and …..

Opposite of how Hardwick is managing his talented 1st year players , he’s getting them games seeing what they need to work on then dropping them back to VFL to work on what they need to before picking them again

Literally the perfect way to do it , they’ll be advanced next year because of it

Curtin debuted in the showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back