Preview R21: Changes vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Laird Crouch and Berry is a crap mix. Berry has to be sub.

Rankine for Murphy next week
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...pauses for breath...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rankine certainly back in but it won't be for teflon Murphy..he is right now undroppable it seems. Are they planning to trade him maybe so want him to play so to say he is a best 22 player. I literally can't see any other viable reason he should still be in the side

No and he never seems to get any pushback on it either...

Rowe mentions it on post game -“not worth a burnt crumpet” was how he described him after one game
I think it was Caroline Wilson who did an article about how mediocre our leadership group was. But i don’t see it coming up at our press conferences. Local media acts like they work for the AFC.

Rowe mentions it on post game -“not worth a burnt crumpet” was how he described him after one game
I think it was Caroline Wilson who did an article about how mediocre our leadership group was. But i don’t see it coming up at our press conferences. Local media acts like they work for the AFC.
He's softened. Tonight it was "He's been carrying something and not up to it"

Well the changes I dont have a problem with. All the players are best 22 players.

Outs
Cook - I am struggling to see him make it to be honest. He does some clever things and has shown potential but he really hasnt had that break out game.

Himmelberg - tough one really. I think Walker should have been rested. What are we gaining. This would have been a good experiment to see if he could function in a forward line with Thilthorpe and Fogarty. Instead you play a 33yo who shouldnt be on the list next year and wont be playing finals. Wheres the planning.

Borlase - Like Cook im struggling to see how he transforms into a career AFL player from here.

Possible line-up...

Bond to party man.
Curtin to run with Blicavs
Dawson to keep Stewart busy.

B: Bond, Murray, Keane
HB: Michaelanny, Worrell, Hinge
C: Sholl, Crouch, Curtin
HF: Rachele, Fogarty, Dawson
F: Keays, Thilthorpe, Walker
R: O’Brien, Soligo, Laird
I: Nankervis, Taylor, Dowling, Murphy
Sub: Berry

Gotta lot of respect for crouch to be fair. Battled through a lot of injuries and has always given his all for the club.
Yep.

I have no issue with Crouch playing. He is our best inside mid and is quite good.

But, he and Laird should not be part of the same midfield rotation.

Put Laird HB.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I think Cook asked to be dropped with his form.

Cook was awful last week and has only been just barely good enough prior to that.

In a season that is shot why would our priorities not be to keep getting games into players?

Unless ylu think Cook is a delist.

If we were bringing in another young player for him I'd cop the form argument but we aren't.

Already getting torched by other sides who have been pumping in games.

No logic here.

In a season that is shot why would our priorities not be to keep getting games into players?

Unless ylu think Cook is a delist.

If we were bringing in another young player for him I'd cop the form argument but we aren't.

Already getting torched by other sides who have been pumping in games.

No logic here.
You need to perform at a base level if you want to play. It's as simple as that.
Wasn't a one off, he's put in multiple non league standard games in a short space of time.
Up to Cook whether he wants to play.

Players like Murphy being in the side is a separate problem.

You need to perform at a base level if you want to play. It's as simple as that.
Wasn't a one off, he's put in multiple non league standard games in a short space of time.
Up to Cook whether he wants to play.

Players like Murphy being in the side is a separate problem.
Cook seems somewhat lazy. But has real talent.

Murphy is a hard worker, minimal real talent.

Someone want to put up a poll to how many touches Murphy gets this week...if not, I will go for 8 touches and 1 point
The real question is how many when the opposition gets on top.

Generally 1 per quarter.

Last week out of his 9 disposals, he got 2 across the second and third quarters....

Cook seems somewhat lazy. But has real talent.

Murphy is a hard worker, minimal real talent.

Both should have been dropped this week imo.

Cook needs a temporary break to refresh after a decent block of games.

Murphy needs a permanent break because will never be up to AFL standard.

The classic non statistical role. AFC special.
Non statistical?...those are peak statistics for Murphy. Look, I will dial it back as I have absolutely nothing against him as a person and its not his fault the coaches keep picking him. I just want each player in the side contributing to a high level and his game week in and week out is far far short of what I want as a paying spectator for his role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R21: Changes vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back