Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:

Thought we played well after the first 10 minutes. Geelong are a good team and looked like we were just hanging in there a la Hawks. Expected them to pull away easily. Shocked that we came back and got on top. Played good attacking footy even until the end. Better team won.

Good for our draft pick.

Sholl probably our best. What a year he's having. Actually turning into a good player who plays well in tough games.

Rachele's best game for the year imo. Looked a new player. Tough in the air and on the ground. Halved so many contests he would normally not give a yelp. Good in the air and used the ball well. Hard to fault his game aside from the failed snap. Hopefully that's the new standard

Hinge as usual.

Thought Worrell lacked some confidence, but was still really good first up. He'll be a super player.

TT much better. Impacted across the game, which is unusual. Kicked well.

Fog good early. Dropped off a bit.

Berry really good game imo. He's an afl player. Had a poor game last week, but I think today will be his norm in the future. Lacks polish by foot, but very good inside mid with some power out of the stoppage.

Taylor had some very nice moments. Some he'd like back, but overall making good progress.

Soligo was okay. Next step for him is using his foot skills when he bursts away with it. Often just bombs away.

Keane good in the air.

Bad:

Bizarre treatment of Curtin. Hard to comprehend how he's being treated. If he leaves we've literally got no one to blame but ourselves. Such poor management.

Nank poor game. Seemed off. Normally gets around players with ease, but struggled to get any freedom today. Was funny when the commentators said he always gets tackled. They obviously don't watch him play.

Walker fallen off again. He's proven us all wrong before, but he's not getting younger!

Stewart is a bloody good player. He only got 5 intercept possessions today - he got 15 in round 2
We played much better where he was concerned today

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The big issue was that we allowed him to run behind and get the handball receive every time.

Can we pls stop speaking this into existence

Ramp up the Nicks slander instead

It's not slander if it's true.

Calling Nicks clueless, a moron, our worst ever coach etc is easily provable.

You could present many decisions by Nicks that would prove beyond reasonable doubt that the above is true.

Good: Rachele has his confidence back

Bad: Umpiring gifted Geelong goals a plenty, usual Vic bias

Ugly: Nicks treatment of Curtin. Absolute disgrace.

Great game, completely understandable leaving Curtin on the pine with the game on the line. Crouch no doubt came off when he was properly done, and I’d guess that was communicated to Curtin as the sub before the game started.

Fantastic work by Nicks and the coaching group, hugely entertaining game with big moments

The absolute man child melts on this board are hilarious

Can't blame him - what the **** is the point of coming on cold, with 4 minutes to go?
What everyone is missing is not only was he brought on cold with 4 minutes left, but he was thrown into the very next, crucial, centre bounce. Stone cold.

How many more ways can we find to undermine this kids development?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks not asked one question in his presser about his moves in the last 10 minutes.

Maybe because the man child posters of this board don’t have the tactical nouse or inside knowledge to understand the any of it.

Keep yelling at clouds everyone, we’re making progress and I love it

Maybe because the man child posters of this board don’t have the tactical nouse or inside knowledge to understand the any of it.

Oh dear.

Nicks not asked one question in his presser about his moves in the last 10 minutes.

Great game, completely understandable leaving Curtin on the pine with the game on the line. Crouch no doubt came off when he was properly done, and I’d guess that was communicated to Curtin as the sub before the game started.

Fantastic work by Nicks and the coaching group, hugely entertaining game with big moments

The absolute man child melts on this board are hilarious

Clear evidence you're a troll.

Three times is a charm?

What progress? 7.5 wins vs 11.5 wins.

Still losing close games.

Yes having youngsters playing but only because he had no other option with injuries.

Started the year off with 0-4 and minimal injuries.

Good:
So much drive and endeavour from Berry, Soligo and Taylor
Worrell, Murray, Hinge, Michalanney in defence can give us such a great 8+ year platform.
Hugh Bond battled and will hopefully fill that small defender role and allow MM to use his speed a bit more.
Rachele is a forward. Sholl is a winger. Happy with that.
Keays is a genuinely good player.

No stupid out on the fulls, no stupid dump kicks which end up with Geelong defenders. Yep they got caught HTB and lost it a few times but they worked hard to get it back. Can't fault the endeavour

Bad:
Nothing, played well. Got experience into kids, Thilthorpe will be a monster, Taylor and Soligo are part of our future and we are still in line for pick 4 with 3 top 8 sides to come, 2 of which are in excellent form. Beat Port and hope that the Saints win 1 more and were golden for the year!

Ugly:
"sAcK niCKs". Its stupid, naive and brainless. Junk clubs looking for quick fixes do that sort of thing. There isn't a magic wand and Malcolm Blight 2.0 isn't coming in to get the best out of underperforming talent, that man walked into an absolute gold mine of talent, future champions and All Australians.

Dan Curtin will get his opportunity, there wasn't an obvious choice to take off the ground which Curtin could have replaced and why would you want to put him in that? I think it was also the fact they couldn't rotate while the ball was camped on the forward flank most of Q4.

Yay, we are so awesome finishing bottom 4...

Wonderful way of developing our early draft pick by subbing him every game, including giving him a whole 4 minutes today.

Everything is ****ing awesome... it's a bloody mystery why we are bottom 4.

2 more years from a coach who clearly is not smart...

What progress? 7.5 wins vs 11.5 wins.

Still losing close games.

Yes having youngsters playing but only because he had no other option with injuries.

Started the year off with 0-4 and minimal injuries.
The development of Nankervis, Taylor and Dowling who all debut this year and shown to be AFL quality (I still think Cook will eventually get there) so the list is progressing but this is despite Nicks of course so.....

Looks like Matthew Nicks has reached out to his mates and got them to log into bigfooty with the last few post 🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back