Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

This week Daniel Curtin will...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when have the Western Bulldogs changed their name to Footscray?🤔
The Fox commentators have been calling them Footscray in last nights game and the AFL app have them down as Footscray!
It’s Retro Round, and there’s this new thing called Google which could’ve resolved this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Murphy.. FOR GOOD

In: Izak Rankine x 18....

Can we move on from the notion that Hugh Bond is an AFL player please? I get that it was worth giving him a crack to see if it was worth offering him a contract. We are low on list spots, and to be blunt, in a year with an ocean deep draft pool, he’s just not worth one. Bar one nice gather and handball in the 4th quarter today, he did absolutely nothing and was murdered in terms of positioning and footy IQ. Dowling and Taylor can have quiet games in this early stage of their development, but anyone with a clue can see that they have a future at the level. Bond? Not for me.

Delist. Play the future of the club Curtin and Ryan full games and not Bond. This is not a player that is ever going to be in any remotely successful team’s best 22.

I’d love to see Murphy dropped too, but his 9 disposal game was far, FAR better than Bond’s game today (his kick into space that led to a Rachele goal was actually pretty brilliant), so we probably need to get some perspective, regardless of Bond’s lack of experience. He just doesn’t have it IMO. He’s Ronin O’Connor. A plodder. We are flush for enough plodders. Thx.

Besides Bond, I don’t really see anyone else who “deserves” to be dropped after today. Before the game I would’ve said guys like Laird, Berry, Rachele and Keane really needed good ones to deserve selection next week. All were pretty good really.

Nankervis, Taylor and Dowling all had “down” games but surely have enough credits in the bank to be selected for the rest of the year.

It’s Retro Round, and there’s this new thing called Google which could’ve resolved this
Great news! Can we swap Nicks for Robert Shaw?

Can we move on from the notion that Hugh Bond is an AFL player please? I get that it was worth giving him a crack to see if it was worth offering him a contract. We are low on list spots, and to be blunt, in a year with an ocean deep draft pool, he’s just not worth one. Bar one nice gather and handball in the 4th quarter today, he did absolutely nothing and was murdered in terms of positioning and footy IQ. Dowling and Taylor can have quiet games in this early stage of their development, but anyone with a clue can see that they have a future at the level. Bond? Not for me.

Delist. Play the future of the club Curtin and Ryan full games and not Bond. This is not a player that is ever going to be in any remotely successful team’s best 22.

I’d love to see Murphy dropped too, but his 9 disposal game was far, FAR better than Bond’s game today (his kick into space that led to a Rachele goal was actually pretty brilliant), so we probably need to get some perspective, regardless of Bond’s lack of experience. He just doesn’t have it IMO. He’s Ronin O’Connor. A plodder. We are flush for enough plodders. Thx.

Besides Bond, I don’t really see anyone else who “deserves” to be dropped after today. Before the game I would’ve said guys like Laird, Berry, Rachele and Keane really needed good ones to deserve selection next week. All were pretty good really.

Nankervis, Taylor and Dowling all had “down” games but surely have enough credits in the bank to be selected for the rest of the year.
So well written and someone who knows what they are talking about . The peanuts at the club can’t see what some of us supporters see . Bondi is not an AFL player , if negating is all you can do but can’t get the ball there is many players that can play that type of game that aren’t on AFL lists .

Last edited:

Think you should post this on the AFC Facebook page which they just posted with result of today’s game .

Crouch needs to go I think, he was poor and didn’t really do too much. Murphy was ok but I’d drop him for Rankine. Maybe Ryan can come in for crouch. Bond is playing as a lockdown small defender and he was average today but I’d keep him in. We have no other that can play that role, hope they don’t bring in Smith

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nank’s been wearing his credits out over the last few weeks. Would be happy to see him get a rest and Ryan a go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Both Nankervis & Bond look in need of a refresh... so good opportunity to bring in Ryan for a debut & block of games.
Laird to defence if we are going to keep Crouch vs Libba, along with Berry.
Rankine for Murphy should be the no brainer.
Curtin must start.

Ins: Rankine, Ryan, Jones
Outs: Murphy, Nankervis, Bond

B: Michaelanny, Murray, Keane
HB: Laird, Worrell, Hinge
C: Sholl, Crouch, Dawson
HF: Rachele, Fogarty, Taylor
F: Keays, Thilthorpe, Walker
R: O’Brien, Soligo, Rankine
I: Ryan, Berry, Curtin, Dowling
Sub: Jones

Think you should post this on the AFC Facebook page which they just posted with result of today’s game .
It’s an unbelievably harsh judgement. He’s very young. He’s had very little experience. He’s being given very tough jobs.
Might be worth not expecting a lot at this stage. We have plenty of options for creating list spots

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

Back