Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

This week Daniel Curtin will...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s an unbelievably harsh judgement. He’s very young. He’s had very little experience. He’s being given very tough jobs.
Might be worth not expecting a lot at this stage. We have plenty of options for creating list spots

Agree.

He’s a kid in his 4th game, still learning the ropes.

Blanked Higgins, did a pretty good job on Ginnivan and wasn’t terrible today against one of the best small forwards in the AFL.

Perhaps we should spend more time looking at Nankervis’ game today, he was well below average. Ryan for Nank would be the better move.

This is going to be a difficult game for the dogs. Adelaide with nothing to lose.
Lol, surely you jest.

You are one of the form teams of the competition aiming for top 4.

Nah I'm not joking.

There are no easy games.

Rankin is a massive inclusion and the dogs have never beaten Adelaide at the AO. Both results were a smashing.
If you continue your current form, you will break your duck easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I'm not joking.

There are no easy games.

Rankin is a massive inclusion and the dogs have never beaten Adelaide at the AO. Both results were a smashing.
That’s because you don’t play us here!
2 games in 10 years is a disgrace

You know where the door is Nicks:
"Get your bag, put your shoes in it, and get out" (and take Murphy & McHenry with you)
nicks-you-know-where-the-door-is-png.2067697
Huge redemption arc for Brouch, he knew Nicks all along was talking crap, hence the complete frustrated disinterest.:think:

Curtin either needs to play a full game at AFL level this week, or go back to the SANFL for a full game. He can't be subbed in our out this week after his 4 minutes yesterday.

Rankine in for Murphy seems a no brainer, unfortunately Nicks has no brain so this probably won't happen. He will bring him in for Dowling or Taylor.

Would love to see Ryan come in, has been very solid all year in the SANFL and deserves a couple of games before the year is out.

Can we move on from the notion that Hugh Bond is an AFL player please? I get that it was worth giving him a crack to see if it was worth offering him a contract. We are low on list spots, and to be blunt, in a year with an ocean deep draft pool, he’s just not worth one. Bar one nice gather and handball in the 4th quarter today, he did absolutely nothing and was murdered in terms of positioning and footy IQ. Dowling and Taylor can have quiet games in this early stage of their development, but anyone with a clue can see that they have a future at the level. Bond? Not for me.

Delist. Play the future of the club Curtin and Ryan full games and not Bond. This is not a player that is ever going to be in any remotely successful team’s best 22.

I’d love to see Murphy dropped too, but his 9 disposal game was far, FAR better than Bond’s game today (his kick into space that led to a Rachele goal was actually pretty brilliant), so we probably need to get some perspective, regardless of Bond’s lack of experience. He just doesn’t have it IMO. He’s Ronin O’Connor. A plodder. We are flush for enough plodders. Thx.

Besides Bond, I don’t really see anyone else who “deserves” to be dropped after today. Before the game I would’ve said guys like Laird, Berry, Rachele and Keane really needed good ones to deserve selection next week. All were pretty good really.

Nankervis, Taylor and Dowling all had “down” games but surely have enough credits in the bank to be selected for the rest of the year.

Well sorry the kick to Rachelle was anything but brilliant,just a crap kick that was out in front of him and just made rash work even harder. Think back to Zac Taylor’s first kick in his first game now that is how it’s done. Just pointing it out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

Back