B. Maxy. Murray Hinge
R. O’Brien Crouch Curtin
I Taylor Laird. Dowling Keane
S Nankervis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players in contention to be dropped:
Bond, Curtin, Murphy

Possibilities to be relegated to sub:
Murphy, Nankervis (looked weary against Cats), Dowling (struggled to get near it against Cats), Taylor (probably a bit banged up), Berry (team balance w so many inside mids in team), Crouch (see Berry), Laird (see Berry)

Definitely returning:
Rankine

Others in contention to come in:
Smith, Ryan, Jones, Cook (unlikely), Gollant (unlikely, but maybe they want one last look before delisting), Hamill

What I’d do:
Out: Bond, Murphy

In: Rankine, Ryan (plus Curtin into 22)

Sub: Laird

What I think will happen:
Out: Curtin, Bond

In: Rankine, Smith (although it’s probably a 50/50 decision for them between Smith and Hamill so could go either way)

Sub: Berry

I'd like to see Rankine in for Murphy, but we all know damn well that it'll be Rankine in for Curtin because Nicks is a ****.

Also... could this potentially be the last time we see Tex grace Adelaide Oval? At least in front of his own fans, got Showdown the week after, obviously. But possibly his last home game if he doesn't go around again next year :(

Also... could this potentially be the last time we see Tex grace Adelaide Oval? At least in front of his own fans, got Showdown the week after, obviously. But possibly his last home game if he doesn't go around again next year :(
A sad thought but could well be accurate

He's obviously still got the skills but his ability to get through a season has to be in doubt

Seeing him swipe at one off the ground on Saturday rather than try to pick it up had me wondering if it's getting too hard for him. I have been backing Tex for one more year but am starting to waver. I like that we haven't caved in and made a decision early.

Can we move on from the notion that Hugh Bond is an AFL player please? I get that it was worth giving him a crack to see if it was worth offering him a contract. We are low on list spots, and to be blunt, in a year with an ocean deep draft pool, he’s just not worth one. Bar one nice gather and handball in the 4th quarter today, he did absolutely nothing and was murdered in terms of positioning and footy IQ. Dowling and Taylor can have quiet games in this early stage of their development, but anyone with a clue can see that they have a future at the level. Bond? Not for me.

Delist. Play the future of the club Curtin and Ryan full games and not Bond. This is not a player that is ever going to be in any remotely successful team’s best 22.

I’d love to see Murphy dropped too, but his 9 disposal game was far, FAR better than Bond’s game today (his kick into space that led to a Rachele goal was actually pretty brilliant), so we probably need to get some perspective, regardless of Bond’s lack of experience. He just doesn’t have it IMO. He’s Ronin O’Connor. A plodder. We are flush for enough plodders. Thx.

Besides Bond, I don’t really see anyone else who “deserves” to be dropped after today. Before the game I would’ve said guys like Laird, Berry, Rachele and Keane really needed good ones to deserve selection next week. All were pretty good really.

Nankervis, Taylor and Dowling all had “down” games but surely have enough credits in the bank to be selected for the rest of the year.
Jones should replace Bond in that role.

Jones showed previously he can play as a defender and is one minded and focus.

Giving Jones to much freedom (like playing him on wing where he needs to decided to run back in defense or attack) makes him looked lost at times.

A sad thought but could well be accurate

He's obviously still got the skills but his ability to get through a season has to be in doubt

Seeing him swipe at one off the ground on Saturday rather than try to pick it up had me wondering if it's getting too hard for him. I have been backing Tex for one more year but am starting to waver. I like that we haven't caved in and made a decision early.
I'd rather have extended Tex back in round 1 rather than Nicks :p

Apparently they will, in an Away game next week and then again in the showdown
Amazing how much Collingwood have rolled over on this one.
Port are mongrels. Give them an inch and they will take a mile, and then re-write history while they are at it.
Won't be long before Collingwood look around and realise they lost their 'black and white' identity.

this week will be a good test for Nicks and the coaching staff.

Whilst we need to keep a balance between experience and youth we need to see what the youngsters can do before seasons end and with Rankine definitely coming back and having someone dropped from the 23.

Personally i would drop Murphy but it seems he is un-droppable atm. Despite this issue and concern my changes are below.

My changes:

I would bring in Curtin into the 22 to replace Billy who could do with a rest after a tail off in form last week. Curtin could play on the wing and have a run in the midfield.

I would also bring in Ryan for Nank who looked to be playing hurt last week after suffering a shoulder injury from the previous game.

With Taylor playing the small forward role and an ability to play midfield i would also drop Murphy and bring in Rankine in his place. But this wont happen so either Ryan will not get a guernsey or Billy will be dropped for Rankine. Billy could also go sub.

Smith goes back to the twos after his layoff as does Chayce. Both boys will need ot have big pre-seasons next year as others are going past them. Chayce in particular needs to get incredibly fit and get back some of the pace and acceleration he lost this year from that Lis Franc injury at end of 2023.

Crouch could also go sub so we need to see what Curtin can provide in the middle. Matt will play in midfield next year so its finding out how Curtin will go in this role for the remainder of 2024

Amazing how much Collingwood have rolled over on this one.
Port are mongrels. Give them an inch and they will take a mile, and then re-write history while they are at it.
Won't be long before Collingwood look around and realise they lost their 'black and white' identity.
Fans want every home game next

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

Back