Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

This week Daniel Curtin will...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy leads the "stay at home forwards" (Keays and Rankine spend a lot of time in the midfield where they get 'pressure acts' just for showing up) in every defensive stat.

Rachele is respectable in that area too, but ideally you want him set up as an attacking threat. The other small forwards (including McHenry) offer nothing defensively. And the 3 big forwards are some of the least mobile in the business.

It's pretty obvious why Murphy is in the side as things stand. They only realistic alternative IMHO would be Bond, who is also needed elsewhere.

Murphy leads the "stay at home forwards" (Keays and Rankine spend a lot of time in the midfield where they get 'pressure acts' just for showing up) in every defensive stat.

Rachele is respectable in that area too, but ideally you want him set up as an attacking threat. The other small forwards (including McHenry) offer nothing defensively. And the 3 big forwards are some of the least mobile in the business.

It's pretty obvious why Murphy is in the side as things stand. They only realistic alternative IMHO would be Bond, who is also needed elsewhere.
So, exclude the players with better stats than Murphy, and he leads the stat sheet. Makes sense.

Read the facebook comments after a close loss, or any article criticising the club. People live in an alternate reality to us.
They don't make up the majority of members.

I have never visited the Crows Facebook page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He and Keays spend way more time on ball compared to Rachele and Murphy.
How much is "way more"?

And why hasn't Murphy kicked more goals than Keays if thats the case? 29 goals plus 15 assists, compared to 7 & 10

Even bigger discrepancy for Rachele. Who also has 22 tackles inside 50, compared to 19 for Murphy who spends "way more" time up there.

Borlase, Burgess & Crouch to drop out with Nankervis the sub this week I would say. Nank has had a big season and has played a little ginger the last few weeks. Dogs will be full of run so Cook gets a shot (preferably on the wing) while Berry has a little more leg speed than Crouch to tackle the dogs midfielders so that’s why I think Crouch will drop out.
Can’t have both Cook and Murphy in the same team as 10 touches between 2 players is too much to cover.

Happy to see our elite freshened Izak Rankine roll around Sunday afternoon, even if have to watch Murphy fumble next to him...

Curtin hopefully a full game...

Going into round 22 when bottom 4 this is about as good as it gets. :drunk:

I'll be more ropeable than any of you about Curtin not getting a full game if Oscar Ryan doesn't at least get a quarter before the seasons out. Our best performed in SANFL of the first years IMO. Very consistent. Plays in a role where you don't need a big body so that shouldnt be holding him out.

How much is "way more"?

And why hasn't Murphy kicked more goals than Keays if thats the case? 29 goals plus 15 assists, compared to 7 & 10

Even bigger discrepancy for Rachele. Who also has 22 tackles inside 50, compared to 19 for Murphy who spends "way more" time up there.
Because Murphy is sh*t at football and they arent

Nicks isn't lasting that long.

We wouldn't have any members left!
D Mac survived multiple coach sackings

The new guy always fell head over heels immediately

In fact I expect it's Question 1 at all our coach interviews

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

Back