Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Josh Rachele will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

HAve you seen our leadership group?

Did anyone see our leadership group show any leadership after Izak got flattened?
Mate, apart from Dawson I didn't see most of our Leadership group show any leadership all season, especially Murphy (what a ****en joke), O'Brien and Smith.
Hinge, meh.
Only Keays and Fogarty can stand tall. Keays for his endless 100% efforts and best season for us and Fogarty for his much-improved year.
Both led by example.

Wow!

For weeks nearly everyone has been calling for Rachele to be dropped and even traded. Now he’s been dropped everyone’s gone nuclear!

Come on, which is it?

Who has called for him to be dropped? He played good games against Geelong and Western Bulldogs.

Think you got Rachelle mixed up with Murphy.

Who has called for him to be dropped? He played good games against Geelong and Western Bulldogs.

Think you got Rachelle mixed up with Murphy.
Some very short memories in here

There is no plus side to this debacle.

Once again the AFC finds new ways to embarrass itself.
I disagree. They could have absolutely brought in BOG Smith instead of Jones and Ned (for Rachele). 100% could have done that. It’s a plus that they didn’t. The rest is a shit show.

A bloke named Shaun/Sean came onto 5AA around 6.20pm and said there is a lot more to the Keane going for personal reasons, and it isn’t going back to Ireland. It will all come out over the next 3 weeks. He said it won’t put the AFC in a good light regarding selection integrity.

Could be an interesting September.
Pretty much made it sound like it's a split locker room right now and I can totally imagine another senior/youth disconnect because the old ways of doing things are so ingrained in one group and Nicks seems to put the experienced players on a pedestal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I call BS. I say the Nicks, Footy Dept and Admin encouraged the Leadership Group to do this. It wouldn't be based on their true natural view surely. Unless they've been absolutely indoctrinated by FWit Nicks and Co. In which case all hope is lost.

EDIT: An I also think this was purely driven so they can manage any view that the playing list and footy Dept are split.
They talk team first and hang one of their team mates out to dry ?
I don't buy it.
Nicks hiding behind the LG
Gee we have some sh!t values at our club

At 1:31:20

Shaun knows

I don’t think it will blow up like he says but Keane will go and I fully expect Rachele to go too. Question mark on Curtin.

FFS. Rachelle’s contracted until 2029 or some such thing, and Curtin for another year. Keane may well ask for a transfer, but don’t make this into something it isn’t.

I interpret it as continue to celebrate like you have been but don't stir the crowd with the teeth pointing celebration?
Agree the teeth pointing was pushing the line…
Stirring the crowd takes many forms.. the finger to mouth in a ‘shooshing motion’ seems quite popular at the moment
I just don’t agree with dropping a player who displays personality.. and goes a bit overboard occasionally … as opposed to continually playing a leader of our team who has played poorly most of the year.
It sends a poor message

FFS. Rachelle’s contracted until 2029 or some such thing, and Curtin for another year. Keane may well ask for a transfer, but don’t make this into something it isn’t.

The events of the past week show a fractured playing group with no belief in the coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Back