Review R24: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugly: deep down, knowing nothing will change over the off-season.
I agree.

Good - I've finally stopped watching and listening to our matches.

Bad - I still care enough to regularly check the scoreboard on AFL website and read the game day posts here.

Ugly - as Crow_68 states, we are in for more of the same next year.

Seriously thinking of not watching a game or investing any time into the side until we try something different. No more of the nicks/murphy era.
I'm so dispirited/pissed off/disenchanted/alienated I'm thinking seriously about joining Tassie membership and starting afresh. I've got a coupla years to decide, I suppose.

This is grimly ironic --- the Tassie team might get a Flag before the Crows' next one :weary: :cry: .

Was a weird game.

Unlike some of our wins this year, won the inside 50s, clearances and contested ball and scored every 2nd entry. If I see those stats without knowing the scores I’ll assume that team has won the game. Was a very low pressure game from both teams.

Keep Thrillthorpe, Fog, Rankine, Dawson, Murray and Worrell on the park together most of next season and we should be a lot better.

Not much else to say really, glad this season is finally done and started playing more of our youth in the 2nd half of the season.

I've had more colonoscopies than I'd like in a lifetime, and while the prep is always rough and it's probably a little too late to say it now, there are a couple of tips to make it a little easier.

Always drink the prep through a straw so it avoids most of the taste buds, plus add a dash of Bickfords original lime juice cordial - not enough to colour the liquid, but it makes a massive difference to how palatable that gunk is. Sips small amounts regularly and it's a lot easier to get through.

All the best (the prep and hopefully the scan) :thumbsu:
I must be the weirdo here but the drink has never bothered me, the fact I can't have steak and chips the night before has given me more concern

I've had more colonoscopies than I'd like in a lifetime, and while the prep is always rough and it's probably a little too late to say it now, there are a couple of tips to make it a little easier.

Always drink the prep through a straw so it avoids most of the taste buds, plus add a dash of Bickfords original lime juice cordial - not enough to colour the liquid, but it makes a massive difference to how palatable that gunk is. Sips small amounts regularly and it's a lot easier to get through.

Good advice. Will try the bickfords and straw trick next time. Am on the 5 year cycle now!

The good:

In the gameday thread, having a massive LOL at the ever-changing variations of the "Sack Nicks" chant - the most laugh-worthy had to be "Discharge Nicks".
I had a lot of fun with dogs105 and Rory Walkerfield, boosted by your feedback.
It distracted me very happily from the shitgame. Fwiw, I think you should post more often.
Thank you all for that, which made tonight bareable!
Did you get nekkid? (each to one's own ... :sneaky:)
Dowling was great, as was Thilthorpe (even better if he kicked straight).
Yeah RT coulda had 5 at least.
I'm sure there's more, but lets' cut straight to the...
Bad & Ugly:
Coaching was atrocious. Clueless. Again. We are getting nowhere until this changes. Immediately.
I agree totally, but "immediately" ain't gonna happen unfortunately.
The pea-brained dickheads who extended Nicks are gonna stick with him into 2025 until even they realise he's useless. From now on, every game with Nicks as Coach will only do more damage.
Tex is cooked (why the hell was he out there?)
Yeah, he looked slow tonight. The undisciplined 50m he gave away was from extreme frustration at his own inability to keep up, I reckon.
Our "Leadership group" after publicly scapegoating Josh had a collective nightmare, but in particular I'd like to point out:
Murphy demonstrated again he's not fit to be in the group. Not fit to be in the team. He's not even AFL standard.
Laird. That's a "highlight" package to be truly ashamed of after your comments this week. Have a good damn hard look in the mirror.
Yep.
We're also stuck with the likely (horrifying) reality that Murphy and Laird will be picked as long as Nicks is there :madv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly anything good about that game. Taylor I guess.

What the hell are we doing with our midfield? Our best two mids outside of Rankine are Dawson and Soligo, yet we throw them around all over the place. Why aren't we trying some younger guys in the last game?

So many players off their game today. Almost all of them.

Laird had one of the worst crows games of the year. Those two kick outs. Bad

I hope walker makes the right call. Time to go.

Someone said they were numb

I was/am the same . From the 1st bounce I had no excitement no passion no joy. Just sat there waiting for the inevitable. And it happened

And made worse by knowing it will continue next year
The wife I felt the same, there was nothing there, we had the radio commentary on and only looked up when something happened, felt like AA was going through the motions aswell

Always drink the prep through a straw so it avoids most of the taste buds, plus add a dash of Bickfords original lime juice cordial - not enough to colour the liquid, but it makes a massive difference to how palatable that gunk is. Sip small amounts regularly and it's a lot easier to get through.

Bickfords lime is the best cordial

There's no immediate concern about anything in particular, no. More that we're trying to figure out why I've been unwell for the last few months. Honestly, I'm almost hoping they find something, as long as it's something they can easily fix.

I'm looking forward to the colonoscopy itself, since I'll get to sleep through that! Probably the best sleep I'll have had in months! :p It's the prep I could do without.

I would apologise for taking this thread off topic, but honestly it's preferable to actually discussing the match.
Sounds like autoimmune but hopefully not and just an allergy!

and you'll be back next year!
Well I used to be a member, now I’m not. I also have only been to 1 game in 7 years, courtesy of a free ticket. I watch maybe 1 in 4 games. I no longer like the club. I hope that can change.

Last edited:
Well I used to be a member, now I’m not. I also have only been to 1 game in 7 games, courtesy of a free ticket. I watch maybe 1 in 4 games. I no longer like the club. I hope that can change.
similar for me, probably many supporters are in the same boat, plus you know life goes on, but there will always be a slight interest however bad things get i reckon!

I thought Zac Taylor showed a lot. Curtin had a good game for someone who didn't get a single possession kicking to the left of screen.

Always drink the prep through a straw so it avoids most of the taste buds, plus add a dash of Bickfords original lime juice cordial - not enough to colour the liquid, but it makes a massive difference to how palatable that gunk is. Sip small amounts regularly and it's a lot easier to get through.

I have Crohns disease, so have had a zillion colonoscopies. Thankfully I only need them once every 5 years now, all it cost me was most of my large intestine.

One of the great medical advancements in this area is that there is actually colonoscopy prep that tastes good now (Plenvu)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R24: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back