Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just read the excellent news that Sammy Wright from Katamite is signed up till the end of 2018, I am intrigued to read that like just about everyone who agrees to a new contract these days, he "inked" the deal.

I thought that they just signed the contract with a biro nowadays and the pen and ink from my youth is long gone. But if I'm wrong do they still have blotting paper on hand to mop up the blobs of ink that randomly drip from the pen en route from the inkwell to the paper?

Anything I ever done with pen and ink always resembled the proverbial dogs breakfast.
Picturing the player's contract on the wall disappearing into fine print like the original Willy Wonka signing room....... but with Royal Blue feathers in the signing quill of course!

I just don't understand motorsport; watching people effectively drive around in circles for a 150 times is so boring. Personally, I don't think there is a less interesting topic than cars, or any other motor vehicle for that matter; be it their construction or their parts or racing them or just anything to do with that topic at all.

I just don't understand motorsport; watching people effectively drive around in circles for a 150 times is so boring. Personally, I don't think there is a less interesting topic than cars, or any other motor vehicle for that matter; be it their construction or their parts or racing them or just anything to do with that topic at all.
lol.

Amen to that.

Gee I admit I'm not a motorsport watcher, and I enjoy my wonderfully economical diesel turbo Mazda six. But it doesn't compare to my HZ 5.0 lt Monaro. Which my 14 yr old son has said is his, not against that.

I'm currently thinking about purchasing a SLR 5000 L34. Only made 260 and the reason for telling you that? You're not getting a drive !! :)

I just don't understand soccer; watching people effectively play a game for a 0-0 result is so boring. Personally, I don't think there is a less interesting topic than soccer, or anything to do with it for that matter be it the Premier League or Australian Quasi bullshit league of just anything to with that topic at all.

Gee I admit I'm not a motorsport watcher, and I enjoy my wonderfully economical diesel turbo Mazda six. But it doesn't compare to my HZ 5.0 lt Monaro. Which my 14 yr old son has said is his, not against that.

I'm currently thinking about purchasing a SLR 5000 L34. Only made 260 and the reason for telling you that? You're not getting a drive !! :)

Better off getting an original XU1.

I just don't understand soccer; watching people effectively play a game for a 0-0 result is so boring. Personally, I don't think there is a less interesting topic than soccer, or anything to do with it for that matter be it the Premier League or Australian Quasi bullshit league of just anything to with that topic at all.

Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like!!!

I find the idea of crashing my car more appealing than soccer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's not too much to understand. First to the finish line wins.

This may sound a bit out of line but I quite enjoy watching the sometimes spectacular crashes; obviously hoping no-one gets seriously hurt of course.

Haha not bad. I do understand why people would have this opinion.
There's not too much to understand. First to the finish line wins.
Well obviously, this was just my random thought today when I saw people talking about Bathurst. I don't begrudge people their interest but this is pretty much me when anyone begins to talk about cars as being anything more than a tool to get one from point a to point b:

200.gif

Did anyone go to the Monster Jam at AAMI Park last night?

Nothing special really, but my ears still hurt from sitting Level 1.

But, but, but Gaso. This is the sport that AFL fans are going to flock too if we keep having those boring defensive games where one side scores 9 goals 8 behinds 62 points and beats another side, which kicks 8 goals 13 behinds 61 points, according to KB. And KB would know wouldn't he?

Surely everyone can see that a Nil all draw after 90 minutes plus stoppage time is far more exciting than 9.8 62 to 8.13 61, can't they? Can't they?

I fully understand it and love a lot of the sport (not all), but I've been a car man since being born into it. My granddad was a grand prix mechanic and co driver and my dad's worked in the industry my whole life (as I too have since 2000). I love cars, but that's me.

I love it both here and O/S, and have followed it since playing it as a kid. There's nothing like attending games with your fellow members supporting a side through its ups and downs. Nil all draws can frustrate but can also be as tense as buggery.

I'm also into basketball both here and O/S too.

All of the above are often criticised by people who've never been involved, or who've never fully understood the intricacies nor ever been emotionally invested in them from knowing people playing or heavily involved, and those who are into them and who have had a close affiliation with them generally couldn't give a crap.

The AFL's off season blows by in an instant for those of us who effectively never have an off season due to being right into the sports mentioned, as well as others like NFL and cricket of course.

I fully understand it and love a lot of the sport (not all), but I've been a car man since being born into it. My granddad was a grand prix mechanic and co driver and my dad's worked in the industry my whole life (as I too have since 2000). I love cars, but that's me.
As I said, I don't begrudge people their love for it. In fact, it seems that those who love the topic are incredibly passionate about it, it seems there's no halfway and I respect that. With all the talk about Bathurst today it was just my random thought that I find the subject mind-numbingly boring. I play footy with a few guys that are into it and whenever I'm in a conversation with them and they start talking about their cars or ask me about it they may as well be speaking an entirely different language.

As I said, I don't begrudge people their love for it. In fact, it seems that those who love the topic are incredibly passionate about it, it seems there's no halfway and I respect that. With all the talk about Bathurst today it was just my random thought that I find the subject mind-numbingly boring. I play footy with a few guys that are into it and whenever I'm in a conversation with them and they start talking about their cars or ask me about it they may as well be speaking an entirely different language.

That's the thing though, I bet the blokes you play footy with don't feel aggrieved that you're not into cars. I know I'm not because you're not (that's an overdose of nots). This is an AFL chat forum afterall so of course people are here due to a love of Aussie Rules first and foremost. Whether they/we are also interested in other sports is an aside.

My brother started watching soccer and getting right into it after taking dad to a game during the Sydney Olympics. He said he's got right into it and even said he understood why they called it "the beautiful game". Last time we were together he spent quite some time explaining how it had seduced him into liking it and listed all this stuff about it that sounded like crap. He was right into the skill level of the best players.

I've never played or been into it. Cept one season of social friendly soccer a year or two ago.

When i was in my 20s i found out my dad was a champion soccer player. Played for Ba in Fiji when they won a national title in the 50s or 60s, captained the Fiji junior side and even played professionally in Tassie till he got a better paying job. They used to pay him more to turn up to training than to play games. He never once pushed me, or even suggested I should have a go at soccer. I kind of wish he had now. We used to play backyard cricket when I was really young and I'd hit the ball and he'd catch it with his foot then kick it around on his foot doing tricks and stuff. Always assumed anyone could do that but I've never met anyone else who could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back