Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mcg is also a bit of a meh venue....so far away from the stage...saw U2 and Madonna I the 90s there....swore never again....but who says that with GNR...it won't happen again.

Does it include Slash?

Haven't been to the G but saw Pearl Jam at Etihad from the bleachers and that was OK but nothing like when they were at Rod Laver years earlier.

But yeah, Slash, Axel and Duff. If only Izzy was back, that would have made my day.

Guns and Roses with Axel at the G in Feb 17. Get around them.

Looking forward to unleashing my inner bogan like I did at Calder Park in 93.

guns-n-roses-australian-tour-billboard-source-twitter-user-damiantardio-671x377.jpg

Yeah that and poleaxed Gaso.

After the Calder Park gig I saw GnR, and a million roadies and hangers on, utterly shitfaced at the old Razor Club on Queens Rd. I was thinking "what a life" at the time but my older wiser view in hindsight would be "what a wasted bunch of freaks!"

My boy's team got through to the Grand Final.

Same.

Congrats. Mine lost his GF today.

Same.

A minute left on the clock in the Last Quarter, and TOD Jr's team is down by 3 points. A kick gets hacked out of the middle and TOD Jr runs 30m at full tilt to take a nice mark on the 50m line. He wheels around and, in a heavily flooded forward line, nails a beautifully weighted kick that hits up the best player in the side, straight in front, 20m out. TOD Jr's teammates come from everywhere to give him a pat on the back. It was a great moment.

The kid he passed to won the B&F for the whole league and is an absolute gun. Kicked 50-odd goals from the Midfield this season and will definitely play AFL one day.

Put down your glasses. Cue dream Grand Final victory.

So of course....he missed.

Ah, footy in 2016. :hearts:

Guns and Roses with Axel at the G in Feb 17. Get around them.

Looking forward to unleashing my inner bogan like I did at Calder Park in 93.

guns-n-roses-australian-tour-billboard-source-twitter-user-damiantardio-671x377.jpg
I don't think I want my memories of the Sydney Entertainment Centre in 1988 tainted.

Same.

Same.

A minute left on the clock in the Last Quarter, and TOD Jr's team is down by 3 points. A kick gets hacked out of the middle and TOD Jr runs 30m at full tilt to take a nice mark on the 50m line. He wheels around and, in a heavily flooded forward line, nails a beautifully weighted kick that hits up the best player in the side, straight in front, 20m out. TOD Jr's teammates come from everywhere to give him a pat on the back. It was a great moment.

The kid he passed to won the B&F for the whole league and is an absolute gun. Kicked 50-odd goals from the Midfield this season and will definitely play AFL one day.

Less personal but very similar. Lost the lead with a minute left, got a great long ball in to our/the league's best player 20m from goal. Plays on. Turnover. Out of bounds. Siren. ****.
Reassured my u/11 son that after a few more years of following North, hope and despair feel exactly the same anyway, which he appreciated :thumbsu:

I don't think I want my memories of the Sydney Entertainment Centre in 1988 tainted.
Was that the show where Axl booted their support act, Kings of the Sun, from the tour?

I saw them a few days earlier at the Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Centre, supported by the Angels and K.O.T.S. Went off.

I'm not inclined to part with serious coin to sit at the G waiting for Axl to turn up when he feels like it and then go through the motions with a bunch of has beens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why did he do that? I liked KOTS.

I think I still have Black Leather on 7" vinyl in my garage somewhere.
Their drummer, Cliff Hoad, was quoted in the Sydney music press saying words to the effect that G n R were just a poor man's Rose Tattoo. Axl got wind of it and, being the colossal prima donna flog that he is, cracked the sads and had the plug pulled on them about 20 minutes into their set.

Same.

Same.

My boy only started playing mid-season for the first time since Auskick (he's 13 and been playing basketball mostly). The team really needed a ruckman. He's gangly and a bit hopeless but enjoying it and improving. They have a kid who plays ruck for the Northern Knights helping with ruck coaching for the juniors and he's learned a lot pretty quickly.

They beat the team in 3rd in the last home and away game to make the finals for the first time ever for this group, then played them again in the semi. Jumped out to a quick 2-goal lead in the 1st then got completely overrun.

At one point he took a mark above his head (first time!), wheeled around and hit a target, contributing to a goal a couple of possessions later. So proud.

My boy only started playing mid-season for the first time since Auskick (he's 13 and been playing basketball mostly). The team really needed a ruckman. He's gangly and a bit hopeless but enjoying it and improving. They have a kid who plays ruck for the Northern Knights helping with ruck coaching for the juniors and he's learned a lot pretty quickly.

They beat the team in 3rd in the last home and away game to make the finals for the first time ever for this group, then played them again in the semi. Jumped out to a quick 2-goal lead in the 1st then got completely overrun.

At one point he took a mark above his head (first time!), wheeled around and hit a target, contributing to a goal a couple of possessions later. So proud.
Excellent!

Better get a highlights reel to Bryce!

Was that the show where Axl booted their support act, Kings of the Sun, from the tour?

I saw them a few days earlier at the Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Centre, supported by the Angels and K.O.T.S. Went off.

I'm not inclined to part with serious coin to sit at the G waiting for Axl to turn up when he feels like it and then go through the motions with a bunch of has beens.
I'd forgotten all about that part. I was 18, just finished the HSC, country lad going to his first big rock show. After waiting what seemed like hours for them to come on stage it was brilliant.
Fair to say my tastes have shifted a bit since then but I still think "Appetite" stacks up. As for the rest of their back catalogue...........

In this digital era....why do digital cameras at press conferences make noise other than flashes?
Here's one that'll bake your noodle.

Why don't microwaves have mute buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back