HF: O'Keefe White J. Bolton

C: Bird Kirk Kennedy

HB: Richards LRT Shaw

B: Mattner C. Bolton Grundy

Foll: Seaby Goodes McVeigh

Int: Mumford Hannebery McGlynn Smith

Emg: Veszpremi O’Dwyer Meredith Ablett Bevan Barlow Pyke Malceski

mine is fairly similar to the rest, except:
- the youngsters such like Vespa and Meredith, who everyone rate so highly are emergencies.... competition for positions is now harder than it was this year, and really after the season Vespa had, i'm suprised so many people have him in their starting 22..... if they're good enough they will prove themselves worthy of selection in the reserves and pre-season comp
- Goodes will probably dominate at CHF, but its no use having 3 tall forwards.... so it's back to the midfield for him, albeit he'll probably not be as consistently brilliant as if he were in the forward line
- Moore is in my starting 22.... he's getting to that age, and experience level where he should really start imposing himself.... and the way he finished 2009, suggests his match and physical fitness is on the up, and is a fair degree higher than some of the juniors

The 3 talls thing worked fine towards the end of last year, at the SCG or away. White and Mick out of the square was working well and Goodes was just about the most dominant player in the comp over the lat 4 or 5 weeks. Bradshaw is a very smart player and is ALMOST a like for like swap with Mick. Im pretty sure Roosy will stick with it, i saw an article where he was spruiking Bradshaw and saying that he will fill the role wMick did last year perfectly well in our forward line so it can stay virtually the same.

well i give it a shot

FF: Jack Bradshaw Moore

HF: O'Keefe White J. Bolton

C: Bird Kirk Kennedy

HB: Richards LRT Shaw

B: Mattner C. Bolton Grundy

Foll: Seaby Goodes McVeigh

Int: Mumford Hannebery McGlynn Smith

Emg: Veszpremi O’Dwyer Meredith Ablett Bevan Barlow Pyke Malceski
Does Hanners get a place over Veszpremi?

I agree with Stat, in that Roos will most likely start with a somewhat similar lineup to previous years, youngsters will get their chances though.

B: Smith Bolton Grundy
HB: Mattner LRT Shaw
C: O'Keefe Kirk Kennedy
HF: Jack Goodes Ablett
F: Bevan Bradshaw White

R: Seaby Jude McVeigh

Int: Mumford, Bird, Richards, Malceski

Depth Players (In order of preference and position):

Ruck:
Pyke
Currie

Midfield:
Hannebery
Barlow
McGlynn
Meredith
MOD

Forwards:
Vez
Moore
Thornton
LJ
Playfair

Does Hanners get a place over Veszpremi?

given Vespa's knack for kicking goals, he's suited for a small forward position..... hence Moore instead of Hanners probably takes his place (my reasoning in my previous post)

Hanner's however has proven himself very worthy of a senior spot.... a consistent strong/solid performer in all the games he played so far.... and very dominant at reserves level (note: i'm not bumping his up his performances even with his VCE excuses.... his performances alone were solid enough to get him senior selection imo)

I agree with Stat, in that Roos will most likely start with a somewhat similar lineup to previous years, youngsters will get their chances though.

B: Smith Bolton Grundy
HB: Mattner LRT Shaw
C: O'Keefe Kirk Kennedy
HF: Jack Goodes Ablett
F: Bevan Bradshaw White

R: Seaby Jude McVeigh

Int: Mumford, Bird, Richards, Malceski

Depth Players (In order of preference and position):

Ruck:
Pyke
Currie

Midfield:
Hannebery
Barlow
McGlynn
Meredith
MOD

Forwards:
Vez
Moore
Thornton
LJ
Playfair

I wouldnt be surprised to see Bevo and NOG in the same team but i think it is highly unlikely they will both be forwards as they are very similar in game style and would be playing the same role, tough, big bodied tackler to keep the ball inside ro (Rooke style). I'd much rahter Bevo get the spot. Ablett goes out of the team and bring McGlynn in to do a hard tagging role and that is a good team.

given Vespa's knack for kicking goals, he's suited for a small forward position..... hence Moore instead of Hanners probably takes his place (my reasoning in my previous post)

Hanner's however has proven himself very worthy of a senior spot.... a consistent strong/solid performer in all the games he played so far.... and very dominant at reserves level (note: i'm not bumping his up his performances even with his VCE excuses.... his performances alone were solid enough to get him senior selection imo)

That's the problem... I so want Hanners in the team, he's proven he'll be an absolute gun, and he should slot right into the midfield. Maybe he'd get a game over Bird in the beginning? I dunno, I honestly don't know who else he could bump out.

That's the problem... I so want Hanners in the team, he's proven he'll be an absolute gun, and he should slot right into the midfield. Maybe he'd get a game over Bird in the beginning? I dunno, I honestly don't know who else he could bump out.

Hanners may well get himself a spot but not over Bird. Birdy showed in games against the Saints (1st game of the year where he was our best midfielder), Brisbane (another loss but still in the wet was very good), Roos (the most important one where he helped secure the game with a heroic last quarter) and the Demons (horrible team performance but he showed he is quality) that he is one of our next leaders. Against the Roos he stood up and changed the course of a match whereas at only 18 i personally dont think Hanners could do that...yet of course.

Hanners very nearly did it against the Cats mind you, his inspirational goal coupled with a few assists to MOL towards the end of the match really put us within reach.

Fair point. I just think Bird deserves a spot more than Hanners atm.

And i want Bevo in the team. Every team needs one of his ilk and many teams seem to be using their tough, hard hitting, close checking man in the forward line like we did with NOG. Bevo would do what NOG did in the last few weeks better imo. Plus he has gone forward before with good success. Strong mark, better skills than NOG and a better kick for goal. Makes sense.

In your team I'd bump Bevan without hesitation

I would too, I'm just guessing at the team Roosy would want on the park. Round 1 he seems to give everyone a fresh chance - ie there's a vast difference from our Semi-Final team 08 to Round 1 09 despite little change in the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's what my team would look like:

B: Richards, Grundy, LRT
HB: Shaw, C. Bolton, Mattner
C: O'Keefe, Kirk, Jack
HF: J. Bolton, White, McGlynn
F: Vez, Bradshaw, Moore
R: Seaby, McVeigh, Goodes

I/C: Mumford, Kennedy, Hannebury, Bird

I think this team would be evenly balanced between youth and experience. Jude and Goodes could possibly be swapped considering Roos' tactics during season 2009. Wouldn't mind Nick Smith in on the bench either. What do you guys think?

I would too, I'm just guessing at the team Roosy would want on the park. Round 1 he seems to give everyone a fresh chance - ie there's a vast difference from our Semi-Final team 08 to Round 1 09 despite little change in the list.
Fair enough. I would be very disappointed if Roosey picked Bevan or Moore over Hanners for Rnd 1 tho.

It looks as though quite a few spots will come down to who impresses in Pre Season Training and NAB matches. It's nice to have that competition for spots on the fringe of the team. If we can go into the season with minimal injuries we'll have a strong team.

As far as im concerned Bevan should be in the first 22 as a small forward. He has spent a bit of time in the forward line and from what i've seen he has potential in the forward line. We are really lacking in the small forward department and i would like to see Bevan spend more time in the forward line getting the crumbs of Bradshaw, White and Goodes.

but RUNVS we hav so many mids who can push forward and i rekon some of the youngsters will get the gig over him - no not because their young, but because they are kind of more suited to that role (Meredith, Veszpremi, Jack, Moore, Thornton... etc) where as i see bevs courage better utilized in the back line

Ive been saying it for ages and RUNVS is right imo. Bevan should be a permanent forward. Roosy used NOG there towards the end to some success and Bevo is better in many categories than NOG is. Just as hard at the ball, just as good at tackling if not better (probs better), more skilled, better mark, better kick for goal.

Please just do it Roosy! It makes so much sense.

Hi guys and girls.

I've updated my fixture builder with the 2010 dates.

It builds CSV, iCal and PDF fixtures to import into Outlook/Thunderbird/Google Calendar/etc. Obviously the PDF is for printing!

You can customise your calendars, set reminders, categories, etc.

I have also built iCal (ics) calendars you can subscribe to, which will be updated with scores etc. once the season has started.

To create a customised calendar, go to: http://www.thismonkey.com/cgi-bin/football-fixture.pl?start=2010&end=2010&type=ha&code=afl

and to subscribe to 2010 calendars, go to: http://offsite.thismonkey.com/fixtures/afl/calendars/aus/2010/index.html

Please leave feedback if you like it, hate it, or think it needs improvement.

(You can find other football codes at http://www.thismonkey.com)

Thanks,
Go Pies,
Scott

Studying for exams is so lame. Im so bored, so here we go again.

F: Veszpremi Bradshaw White
HF: Bevan Goodes Jack
C: ROK McVeigh McGlynn
HB: Shaw LRT Mattner
B: Smith C.Bolton Grundy
R: Seaby Kirk J.Bolton

I/C: Mumford, Malceski, Meredith, Hannebery, Bird, Richards, Kennedy

With Kennelly,this will be our team.

2010 Sydney Swans Team

F Bradshaw White Veszpremi
HF O’Keefe Goodes Malceski
C Shaw McVeigh Jack
HB Mattner R-Thompson Kennelly
B Richards C. Bolton Grundy
R Seaby Kirk J. Bolton
I Mumford McGlynn Kennedy Bird

EMG: Hannebery Meredith Smith

With Kennelly,this will be our team.

2010 Sydney Swans Team

F Bradshaw White Veszpremi
HF O’Keefe Goodes Jack
C Shaw McVeigh Bird
HB Mattner R-Thompson Kennelly
B Richards C. Bolton Grundy
R Seaby Kirk J. Bolton
I Mumford McGlynn Kennedy Smith

EMG: Hannebery Meredith Malceski

Looking at our line up in birds eye view like that, we are looking alot more competitve than what others give us credit for.

p.s, i'd probly have Hannebery over smith. just my personal preference ;)

My Turn :)

F: Veszpremi Bradshaw White
HF: McGlynn Goodes Jack
C: ROK McVeigh Shaw
HB: Richards Grundy Mattner
B: Smith C.Bolton LRT
R: Seaby Kirk J.Bolton

I/C: Mumford, Malceski, Meredith, Hannebery, Bird, Bevan, Kennedy

My current team:

B: Grundy, C.Bolton, Smith
HB: Mattner, LRT, Shaw
C: Richards, Bird, McVeigh