Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Which players were in your bests against the Eagles today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pitto had been off for 30 minutes. Shouldn't have had 3 centre bounces in a row. Not sure why he was off for that long but I doubt it helped him compete.
He had an injury I believe. I have a suspicion that TDK was projected to spend more time forward but, ironically, his success in the ruck unbalanced things. Showed Pitto's lack of flexibility and why we shouldn't be throwing Kreuz away for chips with no salt.

I thought that the first holding the ball on SPS would easily win worst decision of the day but the non paid trip against Ed at the end just beggars belief. No impact on the game but just mind boggling that a paid official can miss that.
in both cases, i believe i developed similar but seperate blood clots in the veins of my neck, a la David Parkin

Newnes has been disappointing last couple of weeks. Not impacting enough for his experience level imo. Probably holds his place just but next in line.

We scare every team in the comp, you have to beat Carlton
Nope.

The problem is you can beat Carlton with a 10-minute burst, and that's why nobody's really scared of us. Every team we get in front of 100% believes they can still win. And because of that, they usually do.

Share your logic, list your team then with the "available" in's?

I would give Dow a run over Murphy and I would bring In Honey for Betts. Although Dow isn’t the greatest defensively, he deserves a shot to prove himself. I’m not saying Murphy should be out for the season, but he has to know his spot isn’t safe. A statement must be made.

Once again I would like to know what your changes would be?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think it's time to get Walsh into the midfield. Look too stagnant with our current setup. Fisher onto the wing.

I wonder if we might give Pittonet a week off. He's carried a heavy load this year

I'd drop him unfortunately. Not a marking presence and looks very unsure with ball in hand.

If Gov and McKay are back, we'd be better dropping Pitto and rotating Casboult and TDK through the ruck.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Say something in the Post Game Teaguey, pay the ******* fine, but something must be said.
Agree 100%, have to say I’m getting a little tired of him playing the nice guy. I seriously hope this guy has a bit of Mongrel about him, but I’m starting to doubt it. All of the top line coaches have it, I.e. Hinkle, bucks, Hardwick, scott, Clarkson. They all have a crack when they need to. Even Fagan puts the wind up the players when they do something wrong, haven’t seen anything like that from Teague as yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TDK was the best thing about today ...

Pittonet been good , tries hard ... but I’d give TDK a run now as 1st ruck !!

You give him 4 games on the trot ... he will not run it out and potentially get injured, good call.

Next week I’d play TDK permanent ruck with Mckay and McGovern coming in for Pittonet and Cottrell. Next in line for the chop is newnes was bad today. Turned it over a lot. We’re probably one week away from Willo pushing into newnes wing anyway and Marchbank coming in for the intercept role.

I thought Fisher was good first up and our other 2 Ins showed something.

We lost in midfield leadership. Eagles got on a roll winning it out of the middle and we just didn’t stop them.

You're not allowed to speak of umpires in here mate. It's cancel culture at its finest.

Talk all you want, but perhaps use some balance. There were howlers both ways

Umpires didn't effect us missing targets, nor shifting away from tempo footy after half time, removing TDK from the ruck, ed relaxing his tag on kelly

We seemed to not get the rub of the green with the umps, but am sure there is a little blue goggles seeing that way. If you just concede that the SPS holding the ball was wrong,which I am certain the umps will confirm then I don’t think the umpires influenced the outcome.
But, it's not just the first SPS htb decision which was wrong (I agree with the 2nd one) It was all the WCE players getting away with being tackled WITH the ball AFTER having prior opportunity to dispose of it in Our F50 which were NOT paid. There were a few early (and I would have to go back to the replay to peel off the names), but the one that sticks most in memory was nicnat, (late in the 3rd 1/4 I think) Caught with the ball just outside the goalsquare. Drops it...play on...incredulous. (Or the one where he takes it out of the boundary throw in and is immediately tackled. did they change that rule? It used to be a free kick?)

Someone had a stat that we made 3+ times more tackles in our F50 than they did for ZERO frees for. They got several, some of which were correct, some not. something is not quite right with this.

It was Cripps constantly being held off the ball and Casboult being blocked, but no free. It is the very unevenness of interpretations from one moment to the next.

It is where and when frees are paid which counts, not the padded for and against figures. Padded after the game is gone to even the ledger.

Do I think WCE are a better all over side than Carlton at the moment? Yes.
Did I expect to win before the game? No. I said about a 3 goal margin would be the rough outcome.
Do I think CFC played some dashing, daring, attractive football. Yes. Very encouraging in patches.
Do I think we were unlucky with an in game injury to limit rotations? yep, but it happens frequently.

Do I think that the Umpiring influenced the result? Hell yeah.

18 forward 50 tackles for 0 free kicks to there 5 tackles for 3 free kicks says something is very wrong with the umpires and umpiring in general, our forwards get nothing week after week after week no matter how hard we try they give us nothing, so yeah we can blame the umpires.

When you expend that much effort to retain the ball for 3/4 of the game and can’t even get 1 free kick for an easy goal it’s no surprise they have the energy to run over the top, just sick of it, can’t play against 25 every week.

So much this. It’s a ****ing joke. Any other industry there would be a Royal Commission.

Worth throwing Doc into the middle? He's been worked out down back. Not finding the footy and when he is he's been shaky by foot. Not defending well nor is he intercepting.

At his best he's the premier half back in the comp but he's struggling, and it's a tough position to play through a tag.

A run on the ball where he can find his own footy could do him a world of good.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Talk all you want, but perhaps use some balance. There were howlers both ways

Umpires didn't effect us missing targets, nor shifting away from tempo footy after half time, removing TDK from the ruck, ed relaxing his tag on kelly

Agree. I believe the umpiring was poor but if it was perfect today, the better team still wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Back