Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Which players were in your bests against the Eagles today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Start kemp off in the backline next year? much rather him as a third tall than plowman
One word.

Midfield.

We don't need a third tall or someone to rack em up behind the ball. We've got Doc already, we don't need two.

What we need, the eagles already have. Elliot Yeo. In future years, people will be saying that Yeo plays like a poor man's Kemp.

Free kicks were 14 to 12, doesn't look one sided to me

Umpires didn't change our setup at half time, nor did they effect disposal efficiency, nor efficiency inside forward 50, where we had way more opportunities but didn't capitalize
I'm with you. Its so frustrating that one of the first things people point to when we lose is the umpires. Yes they made mistakes, but it happens every week. West Coast were the better team on the day.

It’s pace in the backline and we haven’t actually even made an attempt to address it. When sides get on a roll and play ahead of the ball our slow defenders are really in strife. I’m not too worried but Teague is really showing himself to be quite an unimaginative coach. Plowman, Doc, Willo, SPS and Simmo are collectively just too slow. None can run a man down. Watch the Cats. When that happens against them Bews runs someone down. We even passed on the opportunity to try Cottrell in that role today. Same back 7. Every single week. Any fast play kills them. WC scored 72 points from 35 inside 50s. Incredible really.

I don’t mind losing. But try something different with that back 7 PLEASE.

I am bewildered they threw Pittonet back on ball when we were on top early in the third and TDk was actually competing. No...I’m bewildered they left him there when we started getting flogged out of the middle.

Well, we ran down Ryan, but the umps wanted West Coast to get a goal.
Then the 2 against Samo. So that takes it back to 54 points.
You could argue that the 2nd one against Samo was correct, but not when they don't pay it against NicNat up the other end, and numerous other times against West Coast.

We seemed to not get the rub of the green with the umps, but am sure there is a little blue goggles seeing that way. If you just concede that the SPS holding the ball was wrong,which I am certain the umps will confirm then I don’t think the umpires influenced the outcome.

That first half baring the last 10 minutes was bloody amazing we were dominating and if we had of taken more of our forward opportunities we ‘should’ have been at least 6 goals up... That pressure and tackling was off the charts considering the opposition our best block of footy this year by a mile...
Then like we’ve done all year we handed the game back too them in 10 minutes, totally destroying all the magnificent work we did, these poor periods are killing us...
Kennedy was great particularly his first half, Fisher was brilliant in his first game back DeKoning is a major talent that needs to be played as much as possible, Cottrell got through his first game and can hold his head high...
Our forward entries both by just bombing it in or poor choices by disposal hurt us badly at times we handed it back over way too easy way too often...
Our centre square and around the ground stoppages were really poor at times our players flat footed, out positioned by poor knowledge, choices or concentration...
it’s an Achilles heal of ours particularly when teams get a run on...
Disapointed with letting them get back in it like the way they did, but our best footy is clearly exciting and challenging so once we can eliminate these brain farts there’s so much to like...
Harry Dow O’Brien Cunners McGovern add their unique strengths particularly speed and run for us for the remainder of the season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Betts now
It makes the betts for butler worse every week -- you can see Eddie is giving everything he just can't get hold of it -- he struggles overhead now and finding the ground ball seems to of deserted him .. I be shocked if he can go on next season and have impact

Might be something to this HBF. He is struggling to influence by foot consistently.
Its a tough issue with Doc. He needs to play footy, but I wonder if the club might consider giving him a week off just to freshen up

I'm with you. Its so frustrating that one of the first things people point to when we lose is the umpires. Yes they made mistakes, but it happens every week. West Coast were the better team on the day.

They changed the game in the 3rd.
It looks pretty different when we've got a free kick at CHB, and are what, 13 points up?
Instead, they get a goal, then ping Samo and they're 1 point down with all the momentum.

Let alone letting NicNat get away with it earlier in the quarter. TDK should have had an easy set shot. Goals are what matters, and the umps cost us multiple goals at crucial times.

We seemed to not get the rub of the green with the umps, but am sure there is a little blue goggles seeing that way. If you just concede that the SPS holding the ball was wrong,which I am certain the umps will confirm then I don’t think the umpires influenced the outcome.

You're not allowed to speak of umpires in here mate. It's cancel culture at its finest.
Don’t agree with people calling umpires cheats, that implies deliberate attempts to manufacture a predetermined result. Often there is an unconscious bias towards the better/home team for example, don’t reckon they go out there trying to deliberately fix a result.

Happy to call out poor or inconsistent umpiring until the end of time as it absolutely unduly influences a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Back