Autopsy Rd 3 - Lacklustre Blues go down by 24

Remove this Banner Ad

I am going to overreact and we are far off.

We just lost to a side that played Aish, Maynard, Philips. How much would we have lost by if Elliot, Moore and about three other half decent players whose names I can’t remember were in the team? And, yeah, we fought it out. Well thank fudge for that. The players gets paid to “fight it out”, actually they get paid to execute basic skills and show some effort.

I have no idea what the answer is. But right now acting calm doesn’t seem appropriate.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Leadership

Not just character but experience

But for me character is important.

Lead the way when the chips are down. Show some balls.

We lack that badly. Our captain racks them up but does he inspire??
Fully agree

Something is missing.....agree that our captain is not inspiring.

Character is huge....and missing

Agree with others we have a really weak midfield. Cripps Murphy and Ed Curnow are our only experienced midfielders.

People saying Dow should be dropped are clueless.

We need to keep pumping games into Dow SPS Fisher Cuningham and Kennedy and hope they get better sooner than later.

Not sure we can keep playing Wright Garlett Lamb and Polson in the same team all small forwards who do not get many touches which leaves too much for others to do.

I would drop Lamb Mullet Polson. Would like to see O'Brien and Mckay given a game.

Well....
A night where it’s hard to find positives I thought this

Weitering seemed to get into some touch in the second half
Cunningham needs to be looked for by team mates as a designated runner and kicker. He creates time and makes pretty good decisions
Charlie keeps progressing, he took a lot of attention tonight and still impacted the game
Fisher keeps on working into games

We are really lacking with forward half pressure, and speed in the forwardline. Without this our structures fall apart. I have serious concerns about Bolton’s ability as a match day coach. I am not sure he is capable of making adjustments to the game plan when teams get on top of us. Hopefully I am wrong.
Thats because we have a couple down there that are slow and hardley lay a hard tackle the sooner we get Lange in there the better.

We got smashed in the middle, they couldn't miss, we had two 3 gamers in who are not really ready, Kennedy underdone, Lamb did nothing all night.

And we lost by 4 goals.

Can understand the disappointment, I feel it too. But some of you sound like you want to give up on the club!

I never will.

Out structures suck balls, it makes everything look a whole lot worse. Without pressure or over lapping run it all falls apart, we then start taking pot shots at blokes who end up 2 on 1 (except simmo- he somehow wins those contests) and it ends up a huge cluster ****. It’s what happens when the mid field depth is kids & tackles don’t stick...it’s sad for us to watch but it will get better..

Disagree.

If he is getting 11-15 touches he is better served in the seniors for his development.
Sorry but it's not the numbers. He looks so far out of his depth it's hard to watch. Is a player who needs time and space and where he and this midfield are at, he isn't going to find it

Ok..so Weits, Jones dropped, Marchbank injured, ASOS and Byrne both injured next few weeks. Backline for next week?

Never did I say we drop Jones. Weitering out for Macreadie. Marchbank if out will force us to bring back O'Shea.

FB - Harrison Macreadie, Liam Jones, Cam O'Shea
HB - Kade Simpson, Lachie Plowman, David Cuningham

Mate the guy is a limited footballer, playing in a poor side with a poor defence and midfield, he kicks 4.2 and plays back up ruck.

How he is copping flack is beyond me, he always tries and would be better if we were better.

You said it yourself. Limited! Can we really afford to have this whilst trying to move forward?

The fact is while Casboult can escape the criticism this week, it doesn't change the fact that most will still be frustrated with his lack of consistency. He is that sort of player that has one good game every 7-8 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's funny listening to a lot of the negative stuff right now because I actually don't think we are that far off.

Coming into the season we knew we were a big side. That's not a problem in and of it self if you can generate enough run from your smalls. This is what is currently killing us. Lack of runners. So much easy, un-pressured ball coming into our defence that it doesn't matter who is defending. No easy ball coming into our forwards and easy rebounds from the opp.

Take into account the personnel and this is not suprising..

On our list, this is who I consider AFL standard runners:

Simpson
Murphy
Docherty
Cuningham
Pickett
Lang
Byrne
(usually takes around 12 months to get up to speed after big injury)
Williamson
Fisher

We are light on in that area to begin with, but over half of our runners are unavailable!

We have as many injuries as a side like Collingwood, but all our unavailable players just about are concentrated in an area which is critical for us.
Spot on we just dont have enough run in the side losing those players is crucial because we have so many young players just starting their careers .
Problem is we have very little now to bring in to rectify that .
Mckay Silvagni Macreadie all the promising players that are in the reserves are not going to solve this problem .

it's funny listening to a lot of the negative stuff right now because I actually don't think we are that far off.

Coming into the season we knew we were a big side. That's not a problem in and of it self if you can generate enough run from your smalls. This is what is currently killing us. Lack of runners. So much easy, un-pressured ball coming into our defence that it doesn't matter who is defending. No easy ball coming into our forwards and easy rebounds from the opp.

Take into account the personnel and this is not suprising..

On our list, this is who I consider AFL standard runners:

Simpson
Murphy
Docherty
Cuningham
Pickett
Lang
Byrne
(usually takes around 12 months to get up to speed after big injury)
Williamson
Fisher

We are light on in that area to begin with, but over half of our runners are unavailable!

We have as many injuries as a side like Collingwood, but all our unavailable players just about are concentrated in an area which is critical for us.
While I believe we need to be patient, that was as bad a 4gl loss as I can remember - I think they kicked 10gls in a row plus had 2 posters when their 3 leading goal-kickers from last season are out

Alarming;
*1 goal between our 4 small forwards tonight; Wright, Polson, Garlett & Lamb.
*Cripps looks like he's injured / sore again. Took a knock to ribs in 1st qtr.
*Kennedy just not finding enough of it.
*Ed Curnow just not having any damaging effect. Can't even tag anymore.
*Weitering still devoid of confidence.
*We don't have the skill level to intiate this quick game plan.
*No running half back flanker with speed.
*Have guys in the 2's that simply cannot put more than one good game together.

List could go on...
Cunners looked good when he had the ball. Lot's of composure.
Fish is a great user of the footy.
Charlie is a gun.
Casboult stood up and kicked a few.
Kreuzer worked hard even though it was clear he was injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 3 - Lacklustre Blues go down by 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back