Review Review v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Staggering to hear criticisms of structures that produced 33 scoring shots. I know most are off Richo but that's just looking for excuses to give him a clip but all it does is make you look silly.

Should've been a 50+ point thumping so I'm happy with the result.

Billings, Sinclair, awesome.

Stevens' contested ball form has really dropped off.

Dunstan ok. 9 contested is nice but that's a bad game for Steele.

Now just on the Suns...what's Fiorini's contract situation?? He has some serious class about him. I think Kelly is a long shot for now so we should have plenty of cash to throw around to guys like him to bring them home.

Steele averages 10 contested possessions a game so im not sure how having 9 is a bad game from Dunstan or considered a bad game from Steele. I know that people have a hard on for Steele and whatever Dunstan does isnt good enough, but have a look at the actual game were Dunstan was actually very good instead of okay. Dont forget he done one thing which most of the team cant do and that is kick a damn goal!.

My wife is a big Grey's Anatomy fan (US medical TV drama), so imagine my surprise to see Dr. Karev playing in the No. 17 guernsey for Gold Coast.
80853fec0efb86626cc0a478ffb61110.jpg

e14647e349804d90d27d806bc0d9ea53.jpg

Last edited:

Just watched the reply. I think the way the lads sung the song at the end is a pretty accurate reflection of the game. We just beat a rabble, but were our own worst nightmare and the formline may look like it's changing, but it's clear they know that they haven't really turned the corner yet, just the quality of opposition has gone down.

Still much to be positive about, including as everyone is saying Dunstan, Billings and Sinclair. Good example of personal form turning around with persistence and faith. Mav take note.

Steele averages 10 contested possessions a game so im not sure how having 9 is a bad game from Dunstan or considered a bad game from Steele. I know that people have a hard on for Steele and whatever Dunstan does isnt good enough, but have a look at the actual game were Dunstan was actually very good instead of okay. Dont forget he done one thing which most of the team cant do and that is kick a damn goal!.
To be fair, the game by Dunstan was a good solid game, but Jack Steele has done that or better all year bar the one game against Adelaide.

As for everyone having a hard on for Steele, well it's probably because he's a better player

No way, not buying it.

Jack was definitely going for the goal (which it would have been too)

;)
Was sitting behind the goal on the second level and directly inline with where Billings kicked the ball and where Roo marked it.

Billings looked at Roo and where he could lead and then he hit him up with the perfect pass.

No way was it a shot at goal.

On K107 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was sitting behind the goal on the second level and directly inline with where Billings kicked the ball and where Roo marked it.

Billings looked at Roo and where he could lead and then he hit him up with the perfect pass.

No way was it a shot at goal.

On K107 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Roo should have done the team thing & shepherded it through then.... Selfish play by Roo

Just got done watching the replay few observations

Dunstan was pretty good but disappeared kinda second half i thought. But he used it well and was pretty poised in tight

There is a remarkable difference between the tackles that 21 blokes make and the ones Koby makes. You don't get out of Koby's.

Back half set up really well again without any particular standouts. Good all round effort.

Entries inside 50 were a lot better and i think this is because we looked to get the ball to Billings and Sinclair before pushing it inside 50. Still a bit of kicking it long and high to no advantage but its an improvement.

So I'd probably only swap mav for steele next week. That's like for like for mine but Acres probably needs to pull a finger out

I was sitting right near that flashing light for the bruce set shot also. Didn't notice it at the time but the area there was filled with young kids so id hope it was one of them doing it without thinking and not the adults that were there with them.

Roo should have done the team thing & shepherded it through then.... Selfish play by Roo

At the ground right behind roo i think he wanted to but wasn't confident of being able to pull up in time. Kick got there in a hurry

Just got done watching the replay few observations

Dunstan was pretty good but disappeared kinda second half i thought. But he used it well and was pretty poised in tight

There is a remarkable difference between the tackles that 21 blokes make and the ones Koby makes. You don't get out of Koby's.

Back half set up really well again without any particular standouts. Good all round effort.

Entries inside 50 were a lot better and i think this is because we looked to get the ball to Billings and Sinclair before pushing it inside 50. Still a bit of kicking it long and high to no advantage but its an improvement.

So I'd probably only swap mav for steele next week. That's like for like for mine but Acres probably needs to pull a finger out

I was sitting right near that flashing light for the bruce set shot also. Didn't notice it at the time but the area there was filled with young kids so id hope it was one of them doing it without thinking and not the adults that were there with them.

At the ground right behind roo i think he wanted to but wasn't confident of being able to pull up in time. Kick got there in a hurry
All good. I was just being facetious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't disagree, and I also loved a 50-55m pass of Carlisle's. His IQ off the field may be questionable, but on the field he knows how to use it wisely.

Post of the day :p

To be fair, the game by Dunstan was a good solid game, but Jack Steele has done that or better all year bar the one game against Adelaide.

As for everyone having a hard on for Steele, well it's probably because he's a better player

He has been that good in half the games that he has played. Jack Steele is more defensive minded than Dunstan and doesn't get on the spread fast enough to be effective just yet.

This is evident by having less shots on goal, less goals, less inside 50s, less score involvements, less goals assists and score involvements. He does average 2.5 disposals more per game, yet is averaging less metres gained.

Steele should be I'm competition with Stevens who is currently playing the same defensive minded game as Steele who's stats are pretty similar.

I wouldn't say he is a better player just yet. Dunstan has had a few shoulder recos that have hammered him thus far. Let's wait and see in the next 2 or 3 years and hopefully both are beasts for us.

He has been that good in half the games that he has played. Jack Steele is more defensive minded than Dunstan and doesn't get on the spread fast enough to be effective just yet.

This is evident by having less shots on goal, less goals, less inside 50s, less score involvements, less goals assists and score involvements. He does average 2.5 disposals more per game, yet is averaging less metres gained.

Steele should be I'm competition with Stevens who is currently playing the same defensive minded game as Steele who's stats are pretty similar.

I wouldn't say he is a better player just yet. Dunstan has had a few shoulder recos that have hammered him thus far. Let's wait and see in the next 2 or 3 years and hopefully both are beasts for us.
Just stirring mate ;)

All good bantz

Gotta remember too that Jack had absolutely no preseason before the last week of January, so he's clearly very very talented on face value of his performances so far this year. Good position to be in going forward

Too lazy to read back to see if mentioned already but how the **** is the gresh mark not in mark of the year contender this week?!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
It probably should have been a free against him in reality. He used his hands pretty obviously. Still a great mark but won't make the marks of the week.

They talk about having full time umpires. I don't think that's the issue. The issue is that the umpiring body needs to review the games, and one of the things they need to be looking at and stamping out is crowd influence on decisions.
We now have commentators and media people talking as if its an acceptable thing.

They already run around with blinkers and an eye patch on. Maybe we could just add ear muffs to the standard umpiring kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It probably should have been a free against him in reality. He used his hands pretty obviously. Still a great mark but won't make the marks of the week.

Well I'm not able to see a replay of anything yet since I was at the game but on the other end of the ground.. so things were a bit small, but if he did put his hands in the back then I guess that's why it ain't featured.

Just stirring mate ;)

All good bantz

Gotta remember too that Jack had absolutely no preseason before the last week of January, so he's clearly very very talented on face value of his performances so far this year. Good position to be in going forward

All good from my end and nothing better than some good discussions:D

Yep absolutely, another 2 or so pre seasons and he should develop into a raging bull. He has all the the tools to be a Josh Kennedy type which is one thing that we are lacking along with an outside runner.

Well I'm not able to see a replay of anything yet since I was at the game but on the other end of the ground.. so things were a bit small, but if he did put his hands in the back then I guess that's why it ain't featured.

Very clearly hands on the players shoulders. I thought is was a free when I saw it live and from the replays on the scoreboard. But he got high and took it clean. Guess the umpire got caught up in the moment.

Very clearly hands on the players shoulders. I thought is was a free when I saw it live and from the replays on the scoreboard. But he got high and took it clean. Guess the umpire got caught up in the moment.

I just thought he went a bit too early, was expecting a free then but didn't eventuate.

I just thought he went a bit too early, was expecting a free then but didn't eventuate.

Doesn't really matter now. It was paid so it is a mark and should be up for Mark of the Year. There are plenty of very dodgy marks that are trotted out as great marks. I can remember one by Gary Ablett Snr where he barely controlled it and a couple from Capper.

Maybe if Gresh had kicked the goal it would have been a neater highlight package.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Review v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back