Richmond v Carlton, 1st Elim'n Final

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what you don't get.
We support our teams, not a state!
Don't believe the hype or the small town us against them mentality.
If Hawthorn can't win it, GF day is just another piss up and BBQ.
I even supported an interstate club the day Geelong played Collingwood in the GF. I'd rather see the cup leave Victoria than be won by Collingwood!!!

What?

How did you support an interstate club the day Geelong played Collingwood?

No, this is the main board for decent discussion about the AFL, not for shitty trolling attempts that even has admins joining in for some cheap laughs and likes.
Nothing stays the same forever. These Gameday threads get a bit more leeway and are then moved off to the Gameday board. Ignore the rubbish trolling and your own enjoyment will increase greatly.

Got to give it to Malthouse he's a great coach. A game plane that absorbs early pressure, then runs over the top when the opposition is tiring causing them to make turnovers. Did it to us last week also.

He ran from about 60 meters out, and when he kicked the ball he was about 1 meter out, must bounce the ball every 15 meters/steps, 2 bounces = 30 meters/steps, he still ran way to far, anyhow it doesn't change the result good win today. :thumbsu:
Actually, you can go 45 meters with two bounces.
15 m. Bounce. 15 m. Boune. 15m. Kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, how ever he ran from about 55-60 out all the way to the goal line with only 2 bounces.
Count the steps, his legs are going so fast it's hard to count but I did you the favour of watching it in frame and by frame and by my count he took 12, 10 and 12 steps.

I've attached the video so that you too can look through the video and count his steps. 4.45 onwards to save you the anguish. :)

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2013-09-09/cfc-tv-match-highlights-elimination-final

Still feeling raw and a bit sorry for myself the day after but despite the last 10 or so minutes of the game, was easily the best game I've ever been to. Amazing atmosphere and crowd. Unbelievable noise - right on par with last year's GF which I was lucky enough to attend. Just under 95k I think the screen said.

If anything, has only made me hungrier to see more Tiger finals in future. It hurts like hell but as just a step on our journey out of the wilderness and back to the promised land :thumbsu:

Did the AFL site really give Deledio Richmond's best :confused: A nothing game hidden away mostly off half back while his opponents setup the win

At least the old Griffen vs Deledio debate is finally settled, I guess one is built for finals football while the other is a nice half back/winger in home and away contests

Amen.

That's what you don't get.
We support our teams, not a state!
Don't believe the hype or the small town us against them mentality.
If Hawthorn can't win it, GF day is just another piss up and BBQ.
I even supported an interstate club the day Geelong played Collingwood in the GF. I'd rather see the cup leave Victoria than be won by Collingwood!!!

No offense but if you we're from interstate and had to put up with the shit we had to, you'd probably support your state too.

It's sort of beside the point anyway. I'm not supporting Port because they are South Australian, I'm supporting them because they are underdogs and they just managed to knock off my most hated side. They are shaking things up and the fact it's coming at the expense of a few Victorians is just gravy.

The random note I had from the game is the tuba or whatever similar instrument sound is played at the start of 'we are the navy blues' is hilarious in the context of the game as it seemed very apt as it asounded like it was a sombre piece of music which made light of the fact that Richmond lost. Sorta like this sound :D :p . Or like Red Symons weather music played when reading it in the mornings onn his raido program.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond v Carlton, 1st Elim'n Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back