Richmond v Carlton, 1st Elim'n Final

Remove this Banner Ad

What a game.

Richmond literally had 7-8 goals directly from free kicks, and Carlton still got up by 20.

Mitch Robinson has earned my respect. He made mistakes and isn't a very skillful player....however he always puts his body on the line and is one tough cookie. Great game from him.

What's the deal with Hardwick? Every time we started coming back, Richmond stopped running and played kick to kick. Very odd coaching decision and I think Hardwick was simply out coached today as well.

Wow there are some really crap posters around these parts, instead of rejoicing in what was an excellent final that almost pulled 95k and witnessed a cracking contest that had ups and downs they instead prefer to troll thinking they are some how funny and witty with all the 9th jokes, last time I checked, the majority of the supporters in this thread follow teams who aren't even playing finals, and Bulldogs supporters trolling? Not even worth going there.

Adelaide. (But at the expense of Port)
If Essendon players were banned as they should have.
There's no Monfries for that offbreak in the last Showdown.
Carlton play Collingwood.
Adelaide play Richmond.

Adelaide certainly didn't deserve to play finals. We simply weren't good enough for most of the year and would have been making up the numbers anyway.

In any case you have to feel for Richmond being bundled out by a side who technically didn't make the 8. Still kudos to the Blues for taking their chances when it matters most. I'd love to see them win the GF if only for the epic Big Footy meltdown.

1277899829_termionator-2-bomb.gif

I th
Full credit to Carlton - even with the umpires helping the Tigers
I think the umpires are out of form. Seriously, I have seen some very strange frees paid and in all the games too. Umpires with no feel or connection to the game, its finals , and I say that for all the four games this weekend and for all the eight teams participating. Its a hard job I know but Bartlett and co's stupid completely complicated rules cause mayhem. I hope the umpiring improves next week. Those poor bastards can win or lose a game for any side . Frees should be for real infringements not pedantic badly over complicated nonsense that sometimes can't be helped .
Does any one else think that the Free for Richmond in the last quarter was deserved?
I didn't, when the Carlton player punched it over the ruckmen' straight through the posts, I would call that desperation in defence.

For an umpire to call something like that in a final shows the absolute lack of pure understanding of our game and how players and fans see it , from some, I said "some" remember , umpires.

I don't think football is meant to be run like that , it was simply a terrible decision for an unthinking umpire , following the rule to the absolute , without any comprehension of what is really happening and desperate players going full bore at it.

Very disappointing I hope it improves , some changes to stop stupidity need to be made, and ridiculous fifty metre penalties should stop as well. It becomes a joke when a fan over the fence feels a bit sheepish about a free to his side that he/she knows is bulldust. Anyone? We do pay for this game , that us I mean all of us. Some rules need taking out of the game because some umps are "parking inspectors " I'm afraid.

Wow there are some really crap posters around these parts, instead of rejoicing in what was an excellent final that almost pulled 95k and witnessed a cracking contest that had ups and downs they instead prefer to troll thinking they are some how funny and witty with all the 9th jokes, last time I checked, the majority of the supporters in this thread follow teams who aren't even playing finals, and Bulldogs supporters trolling? Not even worth going there.

Lol, don't get cocky. This is the first time in 12 years you have made it. The arrogance of certain Richmond supporters make trolling necessary.

I th
I think the umpires are out of form. Seriously, I have seen some very strange frees paid and in all the games too. Umpires with no feel or connection to the game, its finals , and I say that for all the four games this weekend and for all the eight teams participating. Its a hard job I know but Bartlett and co's stupid completely complicated rules cause mayhem. I hope the umpiring improves next week. Those poor bastards can win or lose a game for any side . Frees should be for real infringements not pedantic badly over complicated nonsense that sometimes can't be helped .
Does any one else think that the Free for Richmond in the last quarter was deserved?
I didn't, when the Carlton player punched it over the ruckmen' straight through the posts, I would call that desperation in defence.

For an umpire to call something like that in a final shows the absolute lack of pure understanding of our game and how players and fans see it , from some, I said "some" remember , umpires.

I don't think football is meant to be run like that , it was simply a terrible decision for an unthinking umpire , following the rule to the absolute , without any comprehension of what is really happening and desperate players going full bore at it.

Very disappointing I hope it improves , some changes to stop stupidity need to be made, and ridiculous fifty metre penalties should stop as well. It becomes a joke when a fan over the fence feels a bit sheepish about a free to his side that he/she knows is bulldust. Anyone? We do pay for this game , that us I mean all of us. Some rules need taking out of the game because some umps are "parking inspectors " I'm afraid.

If you kick the ball out on the full it's still out on the full and a free kick, pressure and atmosphere of the moment has no bearing on whether or not an umpire should call the game correctly, Robinson punched the ball on the full over for a behind, that's been a free kick for years now, not sure how the players still don't understand the rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahah yes congratulations on getting a crowd to a game.

Also sorry to see you give up a 5 goal lead to a side that any other year wouldn't be playing finals.

Lol, don't get cocky. This is the first time in 12 years you have made it. The arrogance of certain Richmond supporters make trolling necessary.

It's not arrogance, it's the facts, instead of talking about how good the footy was, people prefer to reply with shitty jokes about 9th just for a few likes.

And quite ironic a Fremantle supporter talking about arrogance. :rolleyes:

Hahah yes congratulations on getting a crowd to a game.

Record crowd for a first round of finals for over 30 years, did the WBD even get that many to there Prelim games?

Also sorry to see you give up a 5 goal lead to a side that any other year wouldn't be playing finals.

It is sad but them's the breaks, Carlton have it over us mentally, we choked no two ways about it, hopefully the fire burns inside for the players and they come back better next year, it took Carlton a couple of years to get there first finals win, they eventually overcame that hurdle and I'm hopeful we will to. :thumbsu::footy:

I reckon it would be incredibly ironic if we won the flag after being gifted a finals place by one of our arch-enemies, and BigFooty would never recover !!

For a South Australian it's always interesting to watch the constant infighting between supporters from rival Victorian clubs. What the Crows have with Port is one thing but you guys take it to another level.

For comparisons sake, I don't even hate Port Adelaide that much. Sure I would never barrack for them in a showdown but aside from that I don't really have strong feelings about them either way. Will say that watching them beat Collingwood the other night was one of the most enjoyable football spectacles I've ever seen. Eddie's bitter tears always taste so sweet to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond v Carlton, 1st Elim'n Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back