Richmond v Carlton, 1st Elim'n Final

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not arrogance, it's the facts, instead of talking about how good the footy was, people prefer to reply with shitty jokes about 9th just for a few likes.

And quite ironic a Fremantle supporter talking about arrogance. :rolleyes:

Pales in comparison to your mob. The difference is we know how to win tight games.

Richmond I think had the better team on paper with run and carry but not mentally.

Richmond need to develop a game plan that does not rely on getting 15 high tackle frees per game, they got 6-7 this game and three cheap 50m penalties but it wasn't enough. Playing for frees will only get you so far when it comes to finals. Hawthorn do it a lot as well but back it up in other areas.

Anyway bonus win for Carlton, cannot see them beating Sydney next week - but I am hoping for a bruising effort.

33bcpix.jpg

Richmond I think had the better team on paper with run and carry but not mentally.

Richmond need to develop a game plan that does not rely on getting 15 high tackle frees per game, they got 6-7 this game and three cheap 50m penalties but it wasn't enough. Playing for frees will only get you so far when it comes to finals. Hawthorn do it a lot as well but back it up in other areas.

Anyway bonus win for Carlton, cannot see them beating Sydney next week - but I am hoping for a bruising effort.

Every single time Carlton looked like coming back, it seemed like Hardwick's instruction was to hold up the play and stop running. I was happy because it meant Richmond weren't as dangerous.

This game was lost on the field but in the coaches box as well. I don't know what Hardwick was thinking.

Just a gutsy win, I really wondered what the hell richmond were doing with their Finals TV commercial and building up a hysteria. Just smiled all week and thought they are putting way too much pressure on themselves. NO WAY would Malthouse let an Advertisement like that go to air. (and i know it was from Jeep but still).

If you kick the ball out on the full it's still out on the full and a free kick, pressure and atmosphere of the moment has no bearing on whether or not an umpire should call the game correctly, Robinson punched the ball on the full over for a behind, that's been a free kick for years now, not sure how the players still don't understand the rules.
Mate I understand that . What I'm saying is it shouldn't be a rule. Exactly like the rule where a player hits the ball 30 centre metres 1FOOT from the boundary and its an out on the full . That rule was for deliberate kicking out . An accident is not deserving of a free kick to your opponent. Yes the free was there BUT IT SHOULDN'T BE . I'm talking about over umpiring and over the top unneeded rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

went to the game.
atmosphere was that good to go with a good game.
95,000 strong.
umpiring was shocking.

Mate I understand that . What I'm saying is it shouldn't be a rule. Exactly like the rule where a player hits the ball 30 centre metres 1FOOT from the boundary and its an out on the full . That rule was for deliberate kicking out . An accident is not deserving of a free kick to your opponent. Yes the free was there BUT IT SHOULDN'T BE . I'm talking about over umpiring and over the top unneeded rules.

The Robinson rushed behind wasn't an accident, he deliberately punched the ball from a ball up 2 meters out from goal, the rule has been in for years, I think it's the first time I've seen it been paid all year, the rule is fine.

It's not arrogance, it's the facts, instead of talking about how good the footy was, people prefer to reply with shitty jokes about 9th just for a few likes.

And quite ironic a Fremantle supporter talking about arrogance. :rolleyes:
People will be people. Ignore that stuff and reply only to people worthy of a reply.

People will be people. Ignore that stuff and reply only to people worthy of a reply.

I have no issue with it, if this was bay13 that is, instead of a good discussion about football we have childish petulant rehashed jokes that aren't even the slightest funny anymore.

Wheres the discussion about Judd and his epic performance? or Murphy and Gibbs standing up, or Betts and Waite up forward?

I've been around this forum long enough and this board has honestly turned to shit, the only place for a decent discussion is on your own teams board.

I have no issue with it, if this was bay13 that is, instead of a good discussion about football we have childish petulant rehashed jokes that aren't even the slightest funny anymore.

Wheres the discussion about Judd and his epic performance? or Murphy and Gibbs standing up, or Betts and Waite up forward?

I've been around this forum long enough and this board has honestly turned to shit, the only place for a decent discussion is on your own teams board.
Start those threads. This is a Gameday thread and at times it is similar to a Twitter feed.

For a South Australian it's always interesting to watch the constant infighting between supporters from rival Victorian clubs. What the Crows have with Port is one thing but you guys take it to another level.

For comparisons sake, I don't even hate Port Adelaide that much. Sure I would never barrack for them in a showdown but aside from that I don't really have strong feelings about them either way. Will say that watching them beat Collingwood the other night was one of the most enjoyable football spectacles I've ever seen. Eddie's bitter tears always taste so sweet to me.

That's what you don't get.
We support our teams, not a state!
Don't believe the hype or the small town us against them mentality.
If Hawthorn can't win it, GF day is just another piss up and BBQ.
I even supported an interstate club the day Geelong played Collingwood in the GF. I'd rather see the cup leave Victoria than be won by Collingwood!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond v Carlton, 1st Elim'n Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back