Autopsy Richmond v Carlton, AFL Rd 1 2020 - Thursday 19 March 2020 - 7:25 PM (AEST) - Teams announced

Tigers v Blues - who wins?

• Tigers by lots

Votes: 56 67.5%
  • Tigers by a bit

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Draw? Too close to call?

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Blues by a little bit

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dez,
I don't think the AFL have the operational freedom to announce confirmed match fixtures much beyond week to week, as they need to follow/adhere to the Governments directives and advice on the crisis, which can and is changing every few days.
If, for example the Gov. announces next week of a lock-down of all non-essential interstate travel, I doubt they will also announce 'with the exception of the AFL and NRL teams...?

You're missing the point, with no context this makes no sense but if the AFL puts it into context saying we're doing this so that we can play multiple games in a week if the need arises.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how well Carlton's forward line is going to go without Curnow/Mckay.

Will also be interesting to see the Mcgovern vs Vlaustin battle (if thats the matchup that takes place)/

Didn't have his best game when we beat you last time we played (in the men's, we flogged your women as well) but was still good for a young bloke.

It is a shame how you finally get good and this season isn't gunna be a thing and you'll be overtake by a bunch of other sides for the next real show.

The fact that you needed to point out he plays mens not womens says all that needs to be said about him.

Fact is, CCJ is being kept out of the team by 2 excellent key forwards, both of whom are better than anyone North has had for a LONG time.

Does it matter if it goes ahead? If it does we already know the outcome (gifted 4 points to Tiges) Hardly worth the effort really.
Surprise surprise response from a WC fan. On what basis would it be gifted? Far as I know both teams will have 22 players and the ground hasn't got Coronavirus bouncing around on the grass instead of a sherrin........

Last edited:
I applaud the AFL for trying to make it happen but nobody really knows what the future is going to bring. My thought turns more toward the annual slaughter of Carlton first up by Richmond. For Gods sake give The premiers a toughie first up. Not a guaranteed 4 points.
I wouldn’t say it’s an annual slaughter. We’ve been more competitive against them round 1 than most other teams. Look at their last win v GWS.

ROUND 1 2018 - carlton kicker they first 5 goals. Still lead with 15 minutes to go. Overrun by a quality outfit that just came off a premiership.

ROUND 1 2019 - carlton still within 2 goals at 3/4 time. Ran over the top. Only kicked 1.1 in last quarter. More clearances. More ball. Less inside 50s. Very young team this year.

ROUND 21 2019 - carlton kicked 1.6 in the first half and lost by 28. That’s ****ing remarkable. We went at below 50% by foot.

ROUND 1 2020 - both full strength midfields except Nankervis hasn’t had any official match practise. Our forward line is the only thing missing from full strength. McKay Curnow and Betts. But an improved fit McGovern, a more confident Casboult and Martin improves us. We’re going much smaller now it should make us much quicker when the ball hits the deck. I’m expecting big things from Cuningham too. We’re an unknown at this stage. Whereas we know Richmond. They will be the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Richmond v Carlton, AFL Rd 1 2020 - Thursday 19 March 2020 - 7:25 PM (AEST) - Teams announced

Back