Preview RND 15 - Carlton vs Adelaide (Crom) - Sunday June 27th 4:10pm (EST) @ Marvel Stadium - Team - Post #762

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when we start tuning in on a Thursday to find out which mystery injury we have each week, the club surpasses all expectations and announces TWO mystery injuries as well as the return of a player that 48 hours prior was described as being a month away.

I'm not saying we are run by a bunch of incompetent half-wits - but, if we were, would it look much different?

To try and put a positive spin on the injuries (if that's even possible) surely the kids get picked now, right?

Honey at the very least has to be in now imo.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Given that Honey has started stringing together a good run of reserves performances and is building confidence... he'd be a perfect injury sub, right?

Give him 2 games as an injury sub then send him I to debut at senior level playing in a position he has never played before (back pocket? Maybe he can ruck?).

Meanwhile Murphy racked up cheap touches in the midfield... so, let's bring him straight back and play him as a Fisher replacement in the forward pocket.

This is the way

May have named him to see if he comes up, but I suspect he will be a late out
The issue with this is that Russell said he needed conditioning. Not to see ‘if he could come up’. Conditioning doesn’t just materialise over night. “Oh shit he’s fit! Play him.” Or “oh it was worth a shot to see if he was conditioned…but turns out he isn’t.”

Messaging is bizarre.

Bring on the ******* review!

Tuesday Plow needs another week, Thursday he's in the team. How is Martin still in the team, he looks like he escaped from a pyramid?

Have to bring in Samo and Honey. Newnes sub.
Happy to chop Newman.
And the coach said today that Williams couldn’t play midfield because he was unfit … good times … 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t see Cottrell named in the best for the VFL odd he has been brought back in.. Happy Pittonet is out.

I didn’t see Cottrell named in the beat for the VFL odd he has been brought back in.. Happy Pittonet is out.

We have to name an extended bench, there aren't many left.

I wouldn't be bothered if he got a game. Samo and Honey in, Newnes sub, and any 2 of Murphy, Fogarty, LOB, Cottrell.
Or maybe Murphy sub instead of Newnes.

Stupid State Government.

Geelong v Dogs game was restricted to 7000 people based on “health advice”.

So they all crammed in together on the wing and left the rest of the stadium empty.

Lunatics running the show in Vic.
You’re to kind.
They’re a bunch of incompetent f******s

Weitering on Walker, Jones on Thilthorpe. When Thilthorpe goes into the ruck, Jones can go with him. When he goes to the bench, Jones goes to the bench too. Makes sense given they don't have a 3rd tall up there really.

Or Cripps/Kennedy go in the ruck allowing them both to be in the centre as a midfielder without us being too slow.

Assuming Plowman is declared fit to play...

OUT: Pittonet, Newman, Fisher, Parks, Newnes
IN: SPS, Plowman, Honey, Murphy

That's a quicker team, but I would have preferred SPS to continue developing his body with a lighter match day experience via the VFL. If Plowman isn't fit, I'd like us to bring in O'Brien and send Docherty into defence, rather than pick Newman.

O'Brien may still make an appearance in the finalised bench, but regardless it's nice to see his name back in the mix.

And the coach said today that Williams couldn’t play midfield because he was unfit … good times … 👍
Bit of an Eisenstein comment that, his opponent should run him far and wide and crows can exit their back line through him. Blind Freddy can see Williams is not fit but why give the opposition any info.

Weitering on Walker, Jones on Thilthorpe. When Thilthorpe goes into the ruck, Jones can go with him. When he goes to the bench, Jones goes to the bench too. Makes sense given they don't have a 3rd tall up there really.

Or Cripps/Kennedy go in the ruck allowing them both to be in the centre as a midfielder without us being too slow.
Or Jack into the ruck with Cripps and/or Kennedy forward

Given that Honey has started stringing together a good run of reserves performances and is building confidence... he'd be a perfect injury sub, right?

Give him 2 games as an injury sub then send him I to debut at senior level playing in a position he has never played before (back pocket? Maybe he can ruck?).

Meanwhile Murphy racked up cheap touches in the midfield... so, let's bring him straight back and play him as a Fisher replacement in the forward pocket.

This is the way
You do know that Honey got the ball 10 times last weekend don’t you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back