Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v GC Sunday 14th April 2.40PM @ Metricon Stadium - Final Team - Post #1332

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More likely Marchbank picks up Martin when he drifts forward.

All about the midfield pressure. Force them to kick long and/or high, and I'd back Weiters, Marchy, Plowman and Jones to be able to pick off or kill most entries between them. Let them get clean delivery to leading forwards in one-on-ones and we're in trouble.

What are we thinking on the final bench and omissions? I suspect Stocker is just getting another "trip with the team" experience, can't imagine he's shown enough in the VFL praccy games to justify a starting spot yet. I think one of Polson or Gibbons needs to miss - case to be made for either of them, but I don't think we'd want to drop both. Wouldn't be surpised if Charlie misses as well, and him being named is just to cause some selection headaches for GC - if he comes in and Gov is OK, then I think Casboult has to go back out for balance. Then only one of Kennedy and JSOS to come in.

Simpson, Weitering, Thomas
Plowman, Jones, Marchbank
SPS, Cripps, Fisher
Lobbe, Curnow, Setterfield
Murphy, McGovern, Walsh
Casboult, McKay, Dow
I/C: Kennedy, Newman, Polson, O'Brien

Maybes:
Levi < Charlie
Gibbons < Polson
Silvagni < Kennedy

Surely he would benefit more from actually playing some footy in the 2's, if he isnt ready for senior footy?

Stockers an interesting one, I cant work out why they’d take him up there if he isn’t going to play ( I don’t think he’ll play) when a VFL game this week would be good for he’s development
Perhaps bonding and a big carrot for his work ethic to continue. Bolts is being patient in his development?

Anyone else really nervous about Plowman going to Sexton?

We really lack a mid sized lockdown defender that can play on smalls and talls (a Nick Smith type)

Surely Newman gets first crack? Same height and weight.

Will be playing for Geelong next year. Take it to the bank.

Traded for Tim Kelly...

Honestly though - wouldn't be against trading Kerr if he wants to chase opportunity elsewhere. Not sure that's his go, but who knows. Geelong are a club with a few journeyman rucks who might tempt us, and they've also got a few quick-ish smalls running around who we might be interested in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely he would benefit more from actually playing some footy in the 2's, if he isnt ready for senior footy?

Depends on the timeline the club is working to. If they're pushing him hard during the week to try and build up his endurance, it may actually be better for his development to have the odd weekend off early in the season to manage his loads.

Being on the extended bench for a Sunday game doesn't guarantee he'll fly up, of course, so he could well be left here to play in the VFL. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he tagged along. Did we debut another player against GC up there last year, away from the "pressure" of the home crowd?

Anyone else really nervous about Plowman going to Sexton?

We really lack a mid sized lockdown defender that can play on smalls and talls (a Nick Smith type)

Not sure Smith is the best example there. A gun at his best but don’t recall him ever defending a tall.

That helps.

We’ve been awful at defending across half forward, particularly last week where we allowed the Swans to do as they pleased.

Devo’d... 1 day a year I get to see the mighty blues up on the GC.

Just so happens I’m flying to Melbourne for a genetic assessment course. Here’s hoping it’s worth it. Horrid sat night game in Vic as well.

Only a blues victory can make me feel ok about this..

Blues by 15!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back