Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v North Friday 7th April 4.20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see a few posters calling for Jack Martin to come back. I try not to be too harsh on players (Cam O’Shea is an unfortunate exception), because I don’t particularly see the point.

But Jack Martin is a prime example of the semi-switched off type of player that Clarkson teams chew up and spit out for breakfast. It’s a big no from me to selecting Jack Martin this week.

No McKay or Logue for North. Logue should get a week suspension.

Need to put North away convincingly for a few reason:
  1. Supporter confidence in Carlton
  2. The teams confidence
  3. Percentage
If we can’t pump them without their two best KPD’s we have a problem. I am pretty confident we beat them by 60+
Wut?

Admittedly I haven’t watched any VFL this year…

But going of reports on here, is Binns a chance to get a call up if Acres doesn’t get up?

Would rather bring in a goer, rather than a floater (Martin & Honey)

Out: Owies (inj) Acres (inj) LOB
In: Kennedy, Cincotta/Walsh, Binns

Last edited:
Admittedly I haven’t watched any VFL this year…

But going of reports on here, is Binns a chance to get a call up if Acres doesn’t get up?

Would rather bring in a goer, rather than a floater (Martin & Honey)

Out: Owies (inj) Acres (inj) LOB
In: Kennedy, Cincotta/Walsh, Binns
No chance, he did some nice things but is miles off the pace of the skill/decision making required.
Won’t take long for him to get up to speed but needs to develop properly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a serious pace problem in the centre. Hewitt is a player I love but he is the slowest midfield player I know of in the afl. Which means he just cannot ever apply pressure or chase anyone down. His ball getting, toughness and (usually although not yesterday) ball use are exceptional. If he was surrounded by speed it would be fine. When it’s break even or loss in contested/clearances then he is a real liability. I was a little shocked at how quickly oppo players can put so many metres on him. Creates real chaos because everyone else needs to come for their man.

Centre square will look a lot better with Walsh and Doc in the weeks to come.

I expect Binns in very very soon. Maybe this week for LOB. Continues to show AFL traits.

We have a serious pace problem in the centre. Hewitt is a player I love but he is the slowest midfield player I know of in the afl. Which means he just cannot ever apply pressure or chase anyone down. His ball getting, toughness and (usually although not yesterday) ball use are exceptional. If he was surrounded by speed it would be fine. When it’s break even or loss in contested/clearances then he is a real liability. I was a little shocked at how quickly oppo players can put so many metres on him. Creates real chaos because everyone else needs to come for their man.

Centre square will look a lot better with Walsh and Doc in the weeks to come.

I expect Binns in very very soon. Maybe this week for LOB. Continues to show AFL traits.
Agree. but I think another speedy type apart from Walsh is needed. i could be wrong but Walsh and Cerra aren’t the burst types to run ball out from centre bounces/stoppages.

Eg Shai Bolton, Adams type Would be really handy.

I'd like us to tinker by selecting an extra ball carrier: cincotta, carrol, binns (too early?). If kennedy comes back make ed sub and play L'ob.
Once again just win, Clarko will make his players believe. He hates us and it is always a struggle beat him and his sides let alone win well

Last edited:
I'd like us to tinker by selecting an extra ball carrier: cincotta, carrol, binns (too early?). If kennedy comes back make ed sub and play L'ob.
Once again just win, Clarko will make his players believe. He hates us and it is always a struggle beat him and his sides let alone win well
I'd be bringing Cincotta in for his first game. Gives us that bit of extra run, and has the bigger body to go head to head with some of their boppers like Cunnington and Ziebell - the type of players who have dominated us in previous encounters.

If nothing else, it also gives him exposure at senior level - which is something I'd prefer to do now rather than late in the season if we're forced to make changes through injury.

Interesting how Morth went yesterday without 2 of their better midfielders.

Might add a layer of perspective as to how we've been going without Walsh and Kennedy/Hewett. Hewett will be better for yesterday and hopefully Kennedy is back.

You can’t take your two best mids out of a developing side and be expected to win your depth will always be challenged.LDU and Simpkin are very good players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another reunion with a club legend !

Brett-Ratten-at-training.-Picture-North-Media.png

Nope don't like Ratts in that get up at all :(

Everyone looks better in Navy Blue ……
But gee Norf look more like the wiggles in that colour blue

Agree. but I think another speedy type apart from Walsh is needed. i could be wrong but Walsh and Cerra aren’t the burst types to run ball out from centre bounces/stoppages.

Eg Shai Bolton, Adams type Would be really handy.
Agree. We don’t have that player on the list unfortunately.

This week I think they’ll swap Cincotta for Cowan. Cowan has been going ok but he’s slightly off the pace.

Huge test to see if we're actually legit. Turn up like we did against the Giants and they'll smash us.
If we turn up like we did yesterday, North will be in big trouble.

I know yesterday was frustrating, but we put 29 scoring shots on the board, in the wet, away from home, on a ground with more divots than a polo field.

To put that into perspective, out of 24 games played so far this year (from 48 teams lining up in those games) only 3 have put more than 30 scores (goals and points) on the board in a game.

Ironically, last time we played North we had 29 scores, the same as last week. But on a clean deck, at home under the roof, that translated to a 50pt flogging!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back