Autopsy Roast and toast vs Brisbane and changes Port Adelaide

Best vs Lions

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a difficult game this week.

For all the good feels the Lions win gave me, i feel Deja Vu a bit.

Anyone else remember the team folding and losing a plethora of games in the backend of the season in 2021....EXCEPT for that 1 games @ the MCG in Jack Riewoldts 300th game Vs the Lions? We al thought last year the team had turned the tide and would finish out the season strong to make the 8. Reality was the next week we went straight back to being the same headcase. I fear those older blokes mainly got up for their ol mate Edwards

This week against Port will be super difficult. For Port, this will be their 2022 Grand Final. After this game, the will put the cue in the rack for the season in hope that the Hawks & Bombers win a few games and pass them - but, Hinkley will 100% want this team to end our season. The would have considered themselves one of our rivals over our dynasty era - they will play hell for leather to win this game. If our boys do their usual "Jekyll / Hyde" crap, they will lose.

If we lose 1 more game this year, its all over. We will need to win all 3 to make it.

Yeah, on telly you knew because the umpire had already said it.

Had me a bit confused when they then went to the review

Have to move it to the G.

I was watching on telly & I honestly still felt like i had NFI. That ump had more than a few moments where he looked totally confused and overawed in that match - was a weird performance to say the least

Looks like the Power will be loading up for their grandfinal this week by bringing in Boak, Bonner, Houston & Dustys handkerchief Bryne-Jones. Along with the element of emotions from their retiring "Superstar" Motlop & Hinkley desperately trying to gain another year. Ggf 😔 😥

I was watching on telly & I honestly still felt like i had NFI. That ump had more than a few moments where he looked totally confused and overawed in that match - was a weird performance to say the least

That campaigner thought it was us kicking for goal and Balta was a forward lol was classic just lost his mind for a few moments

Anyone else remember the team folding and losing a plethora of games in the backend of the season in 2021....EXCEPT for that 1 games @ the MCG in Jack Riewoldts 300th game Vs the Lions? We al thought last year the team had turned the tide and would finish out the season strong to make the 8. Reality was the next week we went straight back to being the same headcase. I fear those older blokes mainly got up for their ol mate Edwards

This week against Port will be super difficult. For Port, this will be their 2022 Grand Final. After this game, the will put the cue in the rack for the season in hope that the Hawks & Bombers win a few games and pass them - but, Hinkley will 100% want this team to end our season. The would have considered themselves one of our rivals over our dynasty era - they will play hell for leather to win this game. If our boys do their usual "Jekyll / Hyde" crap, they will lose.

If we lose 1 more game this year, its all over. We will need to win all 3 to make it.
What we need is hunger, Cumberland and MRJ have got it, Stack comes in for mine if we are serious about winning this one.

That he is back to breaking collar bones with fair bumps means he is ready.

Last edited:
Lynch 2020
Tell me more

erection GIF

Yeah hate that, risky as *

After 3 flags I don’t give a sh*t… we aren’t going anywhere without Dusty and to a lesser extent Grimes this finals series.

I want to make it as I feel it’s an absolutely no pressure ‘free roll’. It’s all upside if we sneak in. If we lose then it was expected and we get a better draft pick and would have kept a team desperate to get into finals like Carlton or Saints out of the 8. If we win even 1 final it’ll ruin the flag dreams of a team like the Pies, Lions or Dockers.

I’m already dreaming of finishing 8th, beating Pies, then playing Cats week 2 who were upset by Sydney week 1 and knocking them out in straight sets … can you just imagine the melting …..

We can dream ….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Lions game was at Metricon. But it was the game in which Dusty got injured. And unfortunately the next week we played the Cats, and in our side due to a host of injuries against Cats that day was:

Caddy
Garthwaite
Aarts
Astbury (he’d mentally retired by then)
Castagna
Mansell
Parker
Stack
Chol

So replace those 9 with this list who were not playing that day but will play this week:

Balta
Prestia
Tarrant
Sonsie
Cumberland
MRJ
McIntosh
Vlastuin
Broad

So we were missing loads of quality in that Cats match, including half our backline in Balta, Broad and Vlastuin

So we may not win this week, but we are in much better shape than this time last year.

What we need is hunger, Cumberland and MRJ have got it, Stack comes in for mine if we are serious about winning this one.

That he is back to breaking collar bones with fair bumps means he is ready.

I 100% agree with you & that is a very good way to explain it that, in a way i really hadn't placed it before

Hunger.

When you bring in the kids who have had to wait and sit on the sidelines and watch greatness happen around them, it creates a deep hunger within them that drives the heartbeat of your team. Effort & hunger can almost always make up something for mistakes.

Collingwood is the perfect Hunger team for 2022.

Its my biggest regret from the past 2 seasons that we didn't switch to that tactic way back in 2021. Around that GWS game. The team brought in RCD, Naish, Ralph-Smith, Mansell at had MRJ as an unsued sub i think. We were hit with injuries and we had no choice and rolled with it. During that period these guys all flashed moments of genuine potential & hunger for the level. The team looked to have more spring in its step. Effectively, these young guys sparking in the team lifted the older blokes to a better standard also - most likely as they felt challenged.

That was Round 9

By round 13 when the Eagles game ruined our lives, all those players were out of the team again. Only CCJ was a new comer & the only reason he was there was because Lynch, Soldo & Nank were out injured. Meanwhile in that game, Aarts, Castagna, Caddy all played. In that game we copped several injuries & the club oddly went with Samson over any of these guys, on a night where the weather totally did not suit him at all. These 2 games in hindsight were moments where the club just totally collapsed on itself & the hunger issues emerged and been an issue ever since. There were 3 key "hunger-loses" in that period which crippled our season - VS Saints, Suns,Pies & Dockers. 1 was a blowout, the other 3 were close like this year.

This season we have found a lot of kids which i think have hunger. Every time we put more of them in, the team is more exciting to watch. We need to commit to that further to get through this 3 weeks. These kids will feed off themselves & the older blokes almost need that extra challenge. If we resort back to our way with selections and pick blokes like Castagna, Aarts & even Edwards, Soldo we are not going to make it.

Changes this week will tell us a lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Lions game was at Metricon. But it was the game in which Dusty got injured. And unfortunately the next week we played the Cats, and in our side due to a host of injuries against Cats that day was:

Caddy
Garthwaite
Aarts
Astbury (he’d mentally retired by then)
Castagna
Mansell
Parker
Stack
Chol

So replace those 9 with this list who were not playing that day but will play this week:

Balta
Prestia
Tarrant
Sonsie
Cumberland
MRJ
McIntosh
Vlastuin
Broad

So we were missing loads of quality in that Cats match, including half our backline in Balta, Broad and Vlastuin

So we may not win this week, but we are in much better shape than this time last year.

We are in much better shape but realistically we are still losing games due to the same reason, which is a lack of hunger.

And if we lose 1 game this week, then its over. Last year we only needed to win 4 of our last 9 games to make it, playing against the eventual 18th, 17th, 16th, 14th, 11th, 10th & 7th teams. Even with 4 games left, we only needed to win 3 against those teams. This year we have to win all of our final 4 to make it. I am not sure if that really puts us in a better place.

We had 4 key hunger losses on that run home & they were against the Saints, Suns, Pies & Dockers. All 4 of these games we still had a 22 that was good enough to beat a mediocre opponent. Those were the games that mattered. This year we have done a very similar thing with those loses being against the Suns, Roo's, Dockers & Sydney. We are effectively still being held back from the same flaw which derailed us last season. We are perhaps in a better position than last year in regards to personnel, but effectively the same flaw still haunts us & we have far less margin for error as other high quality teams are circling. Last year you could get in on 11 wins. This year a team, possibly 2, might miss out on 13 wins. It would be very narcissistic of us to think that we are better placed - ultimately this challenge is harder based on what is required, but completely possible - as long has the club as sorted out its hunger issues....which has ravaged this club now for the past 6 weeks, except for the 1 game which happened to be a much loved players 300th game.... like last year when we were met with the same scenario & it proved to be our only meaningful win in that period....except for another against the Roo's.... which we actually lost this year.

Basically this team was a headcase last year & still is this year. We have no ****ing idea how we are placed, they were & still are, nuts :joycat:

They need to be 100% on for this game against Port. They will bring it in a big way. There will be nothing easy against these 3 teams, all of them will not tank for us

Last edited:
Lynch form has not been talked about in the media enough. If it wasn't for injuries he would be AA lock and likely Coleman leader.

Hes at 5.3 marks per game. Best at Tigers and best since his 2017 year at the Suns.

Contested marks he leads the league at 2.9 a game. 2nd best is only 2.3. Only 7 players are over 2.
Hes 2nd overall in total contested marks while missing 4 games and being injured in another 2. So he is leagues ahead of the comp right now.

Kicking 2.9 goals a game, his 2nd best return behind the 3.0 at the Suns in 2016. Taking out the 2 games he kicked 0 and went off injured, it would be career best and take him equal to no.1 in goals per game.

2.9 goals a game and 1.5 behind. After 2021 (1.9 and 1.8), 2020 (1.7 and 1.4) he has fixed his accuracy problems and back to what he was like in 2018 (2.5 and 1.2)

Taking out injured games he has kicked goals in 13/13 games.
Multiple goals in 12/13.
3+ goals in 8/13
4+ goals in 5/13 games.

He is well and truly back to his best. Possibly his best ever at Richmond (beating 2019) and I think the best forward in the comp right now. He is marking absolutely everything that comes to him this year.

Lynch form has not been talked about in the media enough. If it wasn't for injuries he would be AA lock and likely Coleman leader.

Hes at 5.3 marks per game. Best at Tigers and best since his 2017 year at the Suns.

Contested marks he leads the league at 2.9 a game. 2nd best is only 2.3. Only 7 players are over 2.
Hes 2nd overall in total contested marks while missing 4 games and being injured in another 2. So he is leagues ahead of the comp right now.

Kicking 2.9 goals a game, his 2nd best return behind the 3.0 at the Suns in 2016. Taking out the 2 games he kicked 0 and went off injured, it would be career best and take him equal to no.1 in goals per game.

2.9 goals a game and 1.5 behind. After 2021 (1.9 and 1.8), 2020 (1.7 and 1.4) he has fixed his accuracy problems and back to what he was like in 2018 (2.5 and 1.2)

Taking out injured games he has kicked goals in 13/13 games.
Multiple goals in 12/13.
3+ goals in 8/13
4+ goals in 5/13 games.

He is well and truly back to his best. Possibly his best ever at Richmond (beating 2019) and I think the best forward in the comp right now. He is marking absolutely everything that comes to him this year.

Jesus I just looked at his stats before he got injured against Essendon. **** he was on fire.

19 touches, 14 marks, 7.5.
25 touches, 11 marks, 6.1.
15 touches, 6 marks, 4.1.

**** that injury.

After 3 flags I don’t give a sh*t… we aren’t going anywhere without Dusty and to a lesser extent Grimes this finals series.

I want to make it as I feel it’s an absolutely no pressure ‘free roll’. It’s all upside if we sneak in. If we lose then it was expected and we get a better draft pick and would have kept a team desperate to get into finals like Carlton or Saints out of the 8. If we win even 1 final it’ll ruin the flag dreams of a team like the Pies, Lions or Dockers.

I’m already dreaming of finishing 8th, beating Pies, then playing Cats week 2 who were upset by Sydney week 1 and knocking them out in straight sets … can you just imagine the melting …..

We can dream ….

Oh I’ve dreamt alright, might’ve been a cannabis infected dream
But I’ve dreamt of running the table from here
No team wants to play us in finals

Oppos will be shitting themselves and their fans won’t know what to do with themselves, be in full panic mode

Pls lord of light, the seven, make it happen 🙏🙏🐯

So does this result mean that the players have gotten past Dimma's personal life changes or are they still hampered because he has a girlfriend and not a wife anymore? Lol

they did it all for Shane Edwards and we'll go on to loose by 80 this week now :drunk: 😎

Exactly…it was necessity not reward

aarts and George stiffed badly (after weeks of bad performances)…Cumbers gets a gig finally…remember Cumbers first game was as a sub…and was et used ffs…dropped thereafter

sonz…similar story…needed an on baller….injuries, etc forced him in

miller as well…injuries forced selection committees hand

we owe it to our future to play some other young VFL players
An indictment on the match committee

So does this result mean that the players have gotten past Dimma's personal life changes or are they still hampered because he has a girlfriend and not a wife anymore? Lol
Difficult to know as we don't loos (cheers Rebecca) to the Drugs and always split the Orks games each season. A loss in either or both is on Damien and his extracurricular activities.
That leaves the Damien v Ken epic coaching battles that, full pun, have swung both ways.
Leaning towards Dimma's extracurriculars only get reprieve if we go 3 and 0 and make finals.

Are the words "Penis Placement" allowed in BF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back