Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 41 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game, for us - we won. Huge bonus - another glorious half of watching the man who might well be the best footballer I've seen over the past 66 years of watching the game. I absolutely hate that mongrel Martin, which is the highest compliment I can pay an opposition player.

I hope to see you lot again in the GF. To beat your mob in that game would increase the significance of a premiership tenfold. Whichever way that game might go, it would be a beauty, if it's half as good as last night's effort from both teams. Such was the class on display, it was breath-taking.

Last edited:
Good post. I guess what annoys Richmond people is the criticism of us in other years is unfair, regarding where we play and I’ll tell you why.

The famous 2019 Kane Cornes VIcBIAS stuff where Richmond got tremendous leg up into finals 7 games at the mcg.
Remember that? This idea is so illogical and I’ll tell you why for two reasons.

Firstly, if you get an easy run into finals it typically means you have a harder run at the start. And when you take a look at it, that’s just the case. Did you know it took Richmond until Round 13 to play in a game where they had a home ground advantage? And even then it was against geelong who get plenty of exposure to the ground. This start to the season also featured back to back interstate games Sydney to Perth.
Secondly, it was much publicised in 2018 that a soft run into finals hurt Richmond. Is this not the common belief? That’s it’s better to have a hard run into finals than a soft one? In 2018 Richmond finish top of the ladder, by far the best team in the comp and are rewarded by playing Hawks and Collingwood. Ie no home ground advantage in the entire finals series.

The point is in any given year Richmond get a lot of games at the mcg but a huge amount of them are against fellow tenants. The likes of Brisbane get a genuine home game every second week against teams who might play the Gabba once every two years. But on the flip side have to deal with travel and even if the best team play an mcg grand final. (MCG, Which I might add is 60%+ allocated to neutral fans).

I guess the point is from our side of the fence is that everything usually works out in the wash. We were lucky in 2017, unlucky in 2018 and 2019 was pretty neutral. It all works out in the wash. Similar to having bad umpires or missed set shots one week and getting lucky the next.

The thing with this year is. You’ve got a team playing against another who have had zero games with a home ground advantage for the entire year playing against a team which hasn’t had to travel much, has had a full quota of home games, has a home state final and grand final locked in. Lol This year certainly hasn’t been one of those where it all works out in the wash. That’s the angle that some Richmond people are coming from.

TLDR cliffs:
Every year teams fixturing might account for 10% luck either way.
2020 way way lopsided

And yes I do see the irony in it overall. I do however see the commentary as justified from the Richmond people in standard years to now

Great post. And yes, we have been fortunate. I think Lynch going down was by far the biggest god send. Just think you beat who's in front of you and I doubt Dimma will be talking about our COVID advantage in the game review.

My initial post was in relation to 'only traveling 3 times'... well given the shortened season thats of par with a usual Vic clubs season.

Funnily enough, the pressure of 'protecting home' on our young team was my biggest concern coming in. I wanted the GF at Adelaide oval TBH. I also wished we hubbed more as I wanted our challange to be as even as possible. We all have challanges.

I just think anyone diminishing the value of our young groups achievements is being a sour puss.

I say the same when people knock Richmond. I like that Cats and richmond have put the 'they only win because of their home ground advantage' to bed.

Anyway, good luck going forward, if you could win a third with the COVID constraints that would truley rubber stamp you dynasty.

We shot ourselves in the foot two years ago. We should have won a threepeat by now. Still its been an awesome last few years. This year is not our year, but we have had a great run. We aren’t Hawthorn, Brisbane or Geelong and we won’t get to that level but that’s ok. We have had an amazing ride across the past four years but all good things must come to an end. Still, if you had of told me that at the end of 2016 we would win 2 of the next 3 flags I would have laughed at you, yet here we are. Thanks for some great memories Richmond and I will continue to support you for life
2 flags and 3 consecutive prelims puts us up there with those three sides.

Excluding Hawks, Cats an Lions great periods, the Dogs, Pies, Swans (two different periods), Eagles, all going back to the great baby Bombers in 2000 couldn't do what we have.in the last 3.8 years.

And don't forget the Eagles beat the Hawks in the 2015 QF by 32points, end of an era for the Hawks many were predicting, then the Hawks reversed it and dismantled the Crows the following week by 74 pts before going on to beat the Eagles in the Granny by 46 points to win their third on the trot.

Its what great teams do, and we're a great team.

2 flags and 3 consecutive prelims puts us up there with those three sides.

Excluding Hawks, Cats an Lions great periods, the Dogs, Pies, Swans (two different periods), Eagles, all going back to the great baby Bombers in 2000 couldn't do what we have.in the last 3.8 years.

And don't forget the Eagles beat the Hawks in the 2015 QF by 32points, end of an era for the Hawks many were predicting, then the Hawks reversed it and dismantled the Crows the following week by 74 pts before going on to beat the Eagles in the Granny by 46 points to win their third on the trot.

Its what great teams do, and we're a great team.
hawks lucky they played shit interstate teams on the G every year . we had their measure during the 3 peat

bears fans reckon it was a good game with great skills etc on display and a game worthy of a grand final

thought it was heavily sh*t
It wasn’t worthy of a grand final, too much umpiring

Nank got outworked by the 2 rucks, not his fault
But its a problem we have with chol not the answer , dont think having another grigg type
Is going to work this time, can't believe we have gone from 2 many ruckman to not enough
Chol being useless and ccj being a ****wit
Has changed everything

Pressure, they also looked faster

They were much better in the air

I agree that their pressure caused us to fumble/ miss targets more than the conditions

But its a problem we have with chol not the answer , dont think having another grigg type
Is going to work this time, can't believe we have gone from 2 many ruckman to not enough
Chol being useless and ccj being a *******
Has changed everything
ccj and stack were sacked from the hub for nothing

that sydney kid beat up on his misses the first time and afl did nothing

#

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chol being useless and ccj being a *******
Has changed everything
Soldo getting injured.

Soldo is a massive out for us. If we play St.Kilda next week we're going to have even more trouble with the ruck. I still don't want Chol in the team though!

You know what Chol is like , he is like Maverick after losing his friend and will not engage in a dogfight in Top Gun.

Then I am thinking does he think football is like basketball except its a different ball and you kick it??

Chol just does not seem aware of the importance of using your body to impact a contest to gain a winning advantage and compete

bears fans reckon it was a good game with great skills etc on display and a game worthy of a grand final

thought it was heavily sh*t
Bears fans are all banana benders and only think it was a good game because they won.

was it pressure or dew or something else?
Think Houli was operating a potter's wheel using a block of Western Star before the game, hardly did a clean pick up all night. Wasn't alone and generally they were so much cleaner than us at stoppages when it mattered, dew definately a factor and something that given our time up there you would think we should have been well and truly acclimatised.

Chols performance last night would have to be one of the worst in history of the rfc it reminded me of a player named Ross funke anyone remember him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back