Autopsy Roast & toast R22 vs GWS & changes for R23 vs Hawthorn

Best vs Giants

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point and I didn’t expect that post to be popular.
But it is the easiest position on the ground to play and I think we can do better.
Maybe we can, but he’s played how many games in that position?
Yes he has a few seasons under his belt, but a big change to go from a pressure forward to a rebound defender. Can’t expect him to be a star there yet and I can’t really fault him since he came back into the side.

NO votes tonight as I would be being dishonest in doing so.
Midfield is trash, old , slow and unskilled.
Cotchin , Lambert and Edwards are done and are plodding along getting nothing possessions. Poor Prestia and Graham are left doing it all with Prestia getting the hard tag bc he's our only weapon. The kids were terrible tonight, but with no senior support you can't blame them.
Garthwaite when the ball is in the air resembles a baby giraffe on 3 legs and when the ball is on the ground he looks like a venomless spider with one right leg and two left legs. CCJ is not a ruckmens a-hole and needs to be played as a forward. Rioli Jr is not ready and should only play against bottom 4 sides , which we're heading if with don't get a decent midfield in asap. Still had my hopes in making finals yesterday whilst it was mathematically possible, but we're done now.
Giants to their credit looked like the best side I've seen all year. They were bigger , stronger , faster and more skilled than us by the length of the Bathurst straight.

Not sure if many were watching last week, TI ... but the Giants were pretty massive last week too, so I was anticipating a loss.
Seen it before - them building ahead of finals - but reckon this year is different in that teams are falling over left right and centre.
Good outsiders.
Have a fair list of players out too (like us).

would love if we could see this kinda banter/swearing on aussie TV without any fuss

Love ya Dimma,3 premierships,a domination that caused the AFL to change rules,unheard of in World sport.

Maybe we can, but he’s played how many games in that position?
Yes he has a few seasons under his belt, but a big change to go from a pressure forward to a rebound defender. Can’t expect him to be a star there yet and I can’t really fault him since he came back into the side.
I just look at the other half backs in other sides and think we can do better.

Media has made a lot of noise about how bs it is and it hasn't really helped scoring. With shocking gone to suck Scott's schlong it will be the first rule gone as we won't play finals.

I thought media had been fapping over how it had saved the game?
I still think the apparent randomness of rule interpretation is the worst facet of our game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This off-season we really need to work on a plan to stop possession footy against us on defence. Teams seem to be able to just hold possession and then pick their way through us up the ground.
This is exactly where the stand rule killed us. Kick, mark, stand...then play on when the man on the mark can't apply any pressure, he has to stand like a statue so the next kick is under no pressure and hits the target and so on....up the ground under no pressure. It's made worse by the fact that a player can take a mark on the run, the umpire blows their whistle for a mark and even tho the player hasn't broken stride, they can't be pressured or tackled until the ump calls play on and by that time the ball is already gone to the next in the chain.

Our turnover game gone in a puff of smoke.

It's not an excuse for us this year, but it's one huge factor. We need to make changes which is exactly what Dimma said we'd be doing over the offseason about two weeks ago.

They're on the cigars right about now down in Geelong.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with all of the above to keep in, I'd also add that we bring in Naish, Chol, RCD and Martyn if they are fit.

And for gods sake rest Nankervis and Prestia. We do not need those guys pushing themselves.

Nothing to worry about next week, play the kids and let them have some fun.
Well, if Nank is fit to play, you can be the one to tell him he’s not playing.
Good Luck…..

Guys forget injuries, GWS had better players missing than us. Forget rules and umps. The energy just isn't there. Not sure a gentle reset will work. Glad Cerra's not coming. Time to hit the draft, I want us to find the next Cotch, Dusty, Jack and Alex.
GWS are loaded with first rounders,preetty much the whole squad.

We did it the Hard Way!

Man I hope so, I just find some many of the little things about the rule so infuriating. Random play on calls against the ball carrier when they haven’t moved, slow or no play on calls when a player has clearly run off the mark, set shots at goal that are basically next to the man on the mark. Does my head in. Rant over lol.
They've had the whole season to get the adjudication correct and they haven't. it differs from umpire to umpire, i recall on Sen majority of the hosts had mentioned they'll scrap it as its done nothing.

GWS are loaded with first rounders,preetty much the whole squad.

We did it the Hard Way!

spot on mate. That list that delivered 3 flags is the best in history. We changed the game. Literally. AFL couldn’t handle our dominance. It’s pretty sweet.

Not sure if many were watching last week, TI ... but the Giants were pretty massive last week too, so I was anticipating a loss.
Seen it before - them building ahead of finals - but reckon this year is different in that teams are falling over left right and centre.
Good outsiders.
Have a fair list of players out too (like us).
They could easily do a Bulldogs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back