Autopsy Roast & toast R22 vs GWS & changes for R23 vs Hawthorn

Best vs Giants

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS are loaded with first rounders,preetty much the whole squad.

We did it the Hard Way!
Yep, they’ve had a constant cycle of top end talent coming through the door since they came into the comp. They made the granny and then had 2 top 10 picks in 2019, they’ll have another top 5 pick this year. Eventually the cycle should break though.

Relieved it’s over. Some of the young guys look like they’ll come good. Stack looks so composed down back. On the other hand, Garthwaite moves as gracefully as a baby giraffe covered in goo post falling out of its birthing sack. That Taranto contest he literally tripped over his own shadow.

I just look at the other half backs in other sides and think we can do better.
I’m more worried about our midfield ATM. Can’t keep getting killed in clearances like we have this year and Dusty isn’t the difference.
Too many good ordinary players across the field, need to get in some young A grade skilled players this draft.

spot on mate. That list that delivered 3 flags is the best in history. We changed the game. Literally. AFL couldn’t handle our dominance. It’s pretty sweet.
We have alot to be thankful for and proud about.

I will never ever forget the joy of the ‘17 and ‘19 premierships at the G!

I never expected us to play in a granny before then let alone win 3.

We probably hsd the worst period of any team before the success then whst does the AFL do,change rules to stop our strengths.

AFL are a disgrace!

But I am proud of our club for fighting the World to get those 3 flags!

Of all the controllable issues or problems in terms of team performance, the one that seems to go under the radar is tackling. Pressure as a vital component has obviously fluctuated this season, but even when we are on, our tackling is largely ineffective. Oppo players have learned not to panic and regularly stand up in tackles and often handball effectively to teammates, but we struggle to do likewise. Implied pressure is no longer good enough, our players have to learn to nail tackles.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m more worried about our midfield ATM. Can’t keep getting killed in clearances like we have this year and Dusty isn’t the difference.
Too many good ordinary players across the field, need to get in some young A grade skilled players this draft.
Totally agree

That’s the benefit of us losing tonight. Couldn’t have coped with them making it and us finishing 9th.

Why does everyone think Bombers are out of it now ?

Win their next 2 & they should , they only need Lions to beat Eagles in last game & they make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

game has changed. Can’t afford to give up clearance anymore.

I’m not sure he’s the guy to take us forward. He stuck with the turnover game all year and we got spanked

I hope our Tiger group take on training with gusto,enjoy themselves and we have a tilt next yesr.

And I miss my Tiger fam.

Hopefully we all fill Richmond Paddock with yellow and black.

90 thousand round 1 going farking nuts.

#effeverykhunt #WeAreRichmond!

I just look at the other half backs in other sides and think we can do better.

the beauty of Houli was he could run 20 and kick it 50. Dan plays it much shorter but is trickier to catch and has good poise. Problem is he plays a halting game sometimes which can hurt momentum. Finds his own ball more than Bachar.
I get your point. We need that long and direct kicking back flanker. Quick long balls into forward 50 is the defence’s nightmare, we need that back.
Dan can run well at times to take the game on…it’s a tricky one.

Dustin Martin will be back next year , we'll trade in a mid , we have low draft picks, Balta, Broad and Pickett come back.
first half of that comment i agree but not the second.

I dont think we make the 8 next year and if we do its an elimination round first round of finals. Looking back at the start of teh season and we basically had a fully fit team against

Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney.

This team was built around a money ball system due the compromised draft with GC and GWS to play a great team brand of football. As soon as the rules changed we struggled and this year the stand rule was the nail in the coffin.

Our old players arnt classy ball users like the cats so relying on them to carry games is just not going to happen. Need a new spine of young guns and that will take 3 -4 years of top 10 picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can watch a minnow win it this year,keep the cup warm for the big boys,the mighty Tigers next year.
Australia go into entire Lockdown.
AFL season cancelled.

the beauty of Houli was he could run 20 and kick it 50. Dan plays it much shorter but is trickier to catch and has good poise. Problem is he plays a halting game sometimes which can hurt momentum. Finds his own ball more than Bachar.
I get your point. We need that long and direct kicking back flanker. Quick long balls into forward 50 is the defence’s nightmare, we need that back.
Dan can run well at times to take the game on…it’s a tricky one.
I love it when someone disagrees with me and then puts forward a terrific argument.
Well done.

Guys forget injuries, GWS had better players missing than us. Forget rules and umps. The energy just isn't there. Not sure a gentle reset will work. Glad Cerra's not coming. Time to hit the draft, I want us to find the next Cotch, Dusty, Jack and Alex.
Exactly. GWS have good players out too and their depth spanked our depth.

We need to find the next group of A-Grade star players in important positions around the ground. Although we have some decent kids, I don’t know if many of them are going to become the top players of the game if you compare them to GWS, Gold Coast, and Melbourne’s youth for example. Maybe Balta, Bolton, and Stack are but the others have a bit to show before I’d say that they are heading there.

We simply need to nail this upcoming draft and not have many busts among our top 6 choices because it could make or break us down the track. One thing we need to fix is our drafting strategy because we desperately need better disposers of the ball.

As a supporter, after an amazing decade (2012-2021) I'm exhausted. I can't imagine how our senior players feel.

Maybe we'll pull something incredible together in the next few years and get back to the top of the mountain. Maybe not. I'm looking forward to seeing us try.

Thank you guys for the ride of a lifetime.

The lows and highs huh? There's been a lot in the decade or so.

160 pt loss to the Cats. FMD. Dimmas first win in the rain against Port. The loss to Carlton in the elimination final. The win against Sydney to make 2014 finals. The first quarter against Port the next week. The loss to North in the 2015 finals (that hurt). Dusty's goal at the start of q4 in the 2017 PF. Houli's goal in the 2017 GF to put us in front. The song playing for 30 mins after the game. Pickett's spin in the 2019 GF. The Port Prelim win. Dusty's goal in the 2020 GF with Danger hanging off him.

This year.. mweh. We'll be back.

Ok I’m pissed that we’re not playing finals but not complaining given the run we’ve had. Didn’t think I’d see one flag so to get 3 is beyond belief. I hope we accept that we have been a bottom 4 side snice mid year and that we need a refresh. Play kids next week that are part of our future - nothing to lose. Rest up older blokes that will stick with us but dont play those not here next year unless it’s a goodbye game - I’m happy to give them this. And dont treat older blokes like the family pet and keep them coz we love em. We were famous in the 70’s for being ruthless and we won flags. lets be harsh & ruthless again. Time to say thanks to Houli, Caddy and Jack. Astbury and Shedda get one more year and Cotch steps down as captain. Hit the draft hard. Thanks Tiges - you’ve been awesome and given me a lifetime of memories. But time to move on.

Sigh :neutral:
I spose I should support Port. After all, I ******* live here and they did treat me like a returning hero in 2017 and gave lots of free alcohol. God love 'em

**** port they have dixon and the bald campaigner the ****en douchebag

either support the gimp team gws or nothing at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back