Autopsy Roast & toast R22 vs GWS & changes for R23 vs Hawthorn

Best vs Giants

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come in peace! Having been the benchmark for nearly the last half of a decade- what goes up must come down. Sure Dimma and the front office staff won’t cop being down for long.
With us out.
Go Doggies.

Positives:
- D.Rioli looks right at home at HB 22 disposals @ 90% and was still running hard late in the game. A preseason training with the back 6 will only see him improve in 2022
- Stack has looked good since his return and is another who will only improve again with a solid summer
- CCJ got a bit more time on the ball tonight and had a bit of an impact around the ground hopefully he gets signed sooner rather than later.
- Again liked the way Dow moves in traffic, and he has clean quick hands, hopefully the fitness staff have him lined up for a massive summer as he could be a bolter in 2022.
- One more game to go and we get to take a break and have a good look at the direction we want to go. This might be the end of this era, but it could also be the start of the next one as well.

Changes:
Even though we got flogged I'd go in unchanged as there is nothing to be gained by bringing in blokes that have been carrying niggles or battling to get back. Only exception would be if Houli was right to play one last game with the boys, but I get the feeling Houli would rather just ride off into the sunset with little fuss or fanfare.

My best 5 tonight
5. Cotchin
4. Short
3. D.Rioli
2. Baker
1. Lynch

Hons: Vlastuin Prestia Graham

Clearly the game is over for JR. If he is not to retire I think we should pick and choose the games he plays and nurse him through the season. We cannot carry all our older players and tough decisions need to be made.

jiewoldt easily has another year if we sort our midfield out
the midfield is ****en trash at the moment

first half of that comment i agree but not the second.

I dont think we make the 8 next year and if we do its an elimination round first round of finals. Looking back at the start of teh season and we basically had a fully fit team against

Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney.

This team was built around a money ball system due the compromised draft with GC and GWS to play a great team brand of football. As soon as the rules changed we struggled and this year the stand rule was the nail in the coffin.

Our old players arnt classy ball users like the cats so relying on them to carry games is just not going to happen. Need a new spine of young guns and that will take 3 -4 years of top 10 picks

I don’t buy the theory that the stand rule was the singular factor that did us in this year. It wasn’t helpful, but there were so many other factors involved in our decline, such as ageing and worn out players, injury, ineffective execution of basic skills, oppo teams catching up with our level of run and pressure, and ‘inconsistent’ umpiring. Confidence was shot, and our lads became mere mortals. But we can get back to the top group next season with a good rest and rehab, and making the most of the trade/draft period.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why does everyone think Bombers are out of it now ?

Win their next 2 & they should , they only need Lions to beat Eagles in last game & they make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, hopefully WC can get over the line.
Either way I’m glad we won’t finish 9th.
We need to go another 10 years at least of not finishing there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season has been the worst standard of AFL footy I've seen in a long time, I used to watch most games on the weekend but congratulations AFL for really f×××××× the game up.

oppos will say 2017-2020 was massive asterisk and this year was best flag of all time tho

game has changed. Can’t afford to give up clearance anymore.

I’m not sure he’s the guy to take us forward. He stuck with the turnover game all year and we got spanked
I think Dimma tried to change things earlier in the season and it didn’t really work, hard to do in season, and the continual injuries just made it harder.
He has an off season to make some changes, he deserves at least that after the last 4 years.

Season over for us and whilst it can be easy being mad at our players and coaching staff because yes they have been bad this year and we do need to improve alot in the off season it's hard to say it's 100% us .

It's not ,all season we have been shafted by the afl and the umps. They cost us at least 3 games this season , the port away match and wce away match from the top of my head. That's us in the 8 right there from us being at about 75% all season. So there is some consolation knowing that if we do improve , get an inside mid etc we will be good enough to override the bs umps and afl. Because us improving even a bit gets us over the line in those ump games decided by a goal.

What's the bet they don't change the rules this off season too lol now they think they got us on the ropes.

Season over for us and whilst it can be easy being mad at our players and coaching staff because yes they have been bad this year and we do need to improve alot in the off season it's hard to say it's 100% us .

It's not ,all season we have been shafted by the afl and the umps. They cost us at least 3 games this season , the port away match and wce away match from the top of my head. That's us in the 8 right there from us being at about 75% all season. So there is some consolation knowing that if we do improve , get an inside mid etc we will be good enough to override the bs umps and afl. Because us improving even a bit gets us over the line in those ump games decided by a goal.

What's the bet they don't change the rules this off season too lol now they think they got us on the ropes.

not mad at the players or dimmer at all

they know they have been shafted by rule and interpretation changes which is why they melt so hard during games

imagine being in their position you go out there each week and the administration is trying to make you loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back