Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Top 5 v Fremantle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fitness Department easily, they have 1 job!

This flows through the other areas, no players available make the greatest plan useless.
we are fit enough ~ Meehan's injury recovery supervision is the issue.

Look at the AFL app for the tracker RFC 5 out the top 10 players for distance/ RFC top 8/10 for speed; RFC top 6/10 for sprinting; RFC outrun Freo by 1km for the game

RFC outsprinted Freo 306 to 254

ditto repeat sprints

Looks like effort to me.

RFC 15 tackles inside 50..averaging 9;
57 tackles ~ averaging 52
12 marks inside 50 ~ averaging 10
Cont possession 135 average 122
Stoppage clear..32 average 22
win the hit outs
better efficiency inside 50 than usual .

Our running Stats that haven't changed for 2, 3 years.

We are stuck selecting players who run but cant football

Yze will be gone by the middle of next year if he keeps playing Balta up forward hopefully much sooner

Bring on Steven Morris he bleeds yellow and black and the players under him do as well.

Better hope adem doesn't see your post Steve

What is worse?

A) our inexperienced forward line who constantly get caught out of position and struggle to impact at all.

Or

B) our midfield who continuously blast kick over the shoulder straight to loose oppo defenders catching out our forwards.

Now the dust is settling a bit after last night loss, it’s seems as though a lot on here are calling for delisting half the forward line when the delivery from the mids is well below acceptable. Even Lockett would struggle to get a kick with the inside 50s we have

Possible line up for next week:

B: Blight Broad Miller
HB: Rioli Brown Vlastuin
C: Ralphsmith Graham Banks
HF: Mansell Baker Bolton
F: Balta Martin Koschitzke
R: Nankervis Taranto Hopper
INT: Short McAuliffe Prestia Sonsie Trezise

Out: Campbell Cumberland McIntosh
In: Martin Prestia Trezise

Would head to the MCG next Sunday quite content to see this line up being the one we take into the game. Gives some kids opportunity to press their claims for the future and also gives us some more experience across the board so that our performance may be a bit more consistent than it has been this year.

Hi guys just looking in from the outside and it’s always interesting to see how other supporters analyse a defeat.
I must say I find it hilarious listening to the likes of cornes bagging out the tigers this year. You won three flags in five years.

You. Won. Three. Flags.

What does everyone think is supposed to happen a team like Richmond 4 or 5 years later?
Stay up at the top and win another two or three flags in the next 4 or 5 years? That’s ridiculous. The AFL system actively prevents that.

I’ve never seen my club win a premiership. I’d happily exchange 5 wooden spoons in a row if we could just win one!

There is 18 teams in the afl all trying to win a premiership. On average, you guys should not be back in flag contention until 2038 or 2040. Obviously there is a lot of variables that go into it but I think the days of winning several flags in a row are over. Between now and 2032, teams like Carlton, Sydney, Freo, Suns, GWS, North Melbourne, hawthorn and even mid range sides like the Dogs and Port, are all expecting to be winning flags. Not just one, multiple flags.
Most will fail, obviously.
In my view teams like saints and Essendon and port and even Adelaide will not win a flag with any player on their current list because they just have not spent enough time at the bottom accumulating talent OR have gone down and butchered a whole heap of first round picks (Adelaide and saints in particular).

I give freo a 25% chance of winning a premiership between now and 2030. Even though this list is the most talented we have ever constructed and we have a recruiter who has pulled some amazing late and rookie draft picks to recruit some great value talent (Luke Ryan, Treacy, Sean Darcy, etc). That’s in addition to top 10 picks like Serong, Brayshaw and young that we hit successfully on. It’s taken us 8 years to build this list and I still am not convinced it’s good enough.
You guys need to go back the draft for 4 or 5 years, and get your new versions of the following:
Riewoldt (pick 13, 2006)
Cotchin (pick 2, 2007)
Rance (pick 17, 2007)
Martin (pick 3, 2009)
Vlaustin (pick 8, 2012)

I guess you started with Gibcus at pick 9 in 2021 and he should hopefully develop into a top class key backman. But there is a lot more work to do in the draft.

I think teams need 6 or 7 top 10 picks, and all drafted by them as the original club, before making a concerted flag push.
recycled top 10 picks like hopper and taranto ain’t it. If they were genuinely elite the GWS would not have let them go in the first place.

I guess what I’m saying is the tigers need to embrace pick 1, and look to add another few top 5 picks over the next 3 or 4 years. It’s the only road to a flag. Even then there is nothing guaranteed.
I’d be thankful you saw three flags in 5 years because once tas and an additional team make it a 20 team comp, it will on average take 60 years to see that.

we are fit enough ~ Meehan's injury recovery supervision is the issue.

Look at the AFL app for the tracker RFC 5 out the top 10 players for distance/ RFC top 8/10 for speed; RFC top 6/10 for sprinting; RFC outrun Freo by 1km for the game

RFC outsprinted Freo 306 to 254

ditto repeat sprints

Looks like effort to me.

RFC 15 tackles inside 50..averaging 9;
57 tackles ~ averaging 52
12 marks inside 50 ~ averaging 10
Cont possession 135 average 122
Stoppage clear..32 average 22
win the hit outs
better efficiency inside 50 than usual .

Our running Stats that haven't changed for 2, 3 years.

We are stuck selecting players who run but cant football
Channel 7 came up with an interesting statisitics - Richmond uncontested marks 110 - Fremantle uncontested marks 105 - is this reflective of a change in the game plan where we are focusing upon retaining the ball rather than run and carry - do we have the necessary skills to carry out the new game plan or revert to the chaos plan which relies upon players intensity
rather than their skill set

Channel 7 came up with an interesting statisitics - Richmond uncontested marks 110 - Fremantle uncontested marks 105 - is this reflective of a change in the game plan where we are focusing upon retaining the ball rather than run and carry - do we have the necessary skills to carry out the new game plan or revert to the chaos plan which relies upon players intensity
That style will challenge the senior players, they are used to Hardwick's plan

A strong start, only to be killed by inept D50 exits and deplorable transition defence - it was laughable at times, like toddlers running (?wandering) back aimlessly. Kmac's inability to see/execute an easy release handball over the top at the D50 arc was up there with the worst decision making I've seen on a football field. Adem, please leave him in WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will finish artificially low this season, if we finish in the bottom 2/3. Yze gets a pass for this season but I also think it’s a season we may well have a clean out too. Yze I imagine is assessing the lay of the land as well as developing strong links/relationships with the playing group/leaders and within the club. I do like the fact he’s measured and appears difficult to ruffle. No negative on Dimma I do think he’s also quicker to respond game day but overall we’ll see more in his second season…

I believe ball use was one of Yze priorities, but we just don't have the players to do that, we turn it over terribly.
So does he change game plan, or hold steady and turn over the list.
I say the latter, but it ain't going to be pretty for a while until we get some better skilled players in to be able to do that.
In the mean time we have to deal with all the chicken littles telling us the sky is falling and the club is doomed.

I’m not sure who is available to come in/back but I would look at resting a couple of the kids this week. They have been called on to do a lot of work this year and it is telling that they have ran out of steam.

Campbell looks shot for one.
Talk of Prestia and maybe Martin.
You just know that means a hammy before half time.

Long time listener first time caller

Our skills are by so far the worst in the competition. Our accountability is by so far the worst in the competition. I’d love to see an ‘uncontested marks against’ stat for the year, reckon we would be miles ahead. We just refuse to man up.

I’ve tried to be a fan, but Cumberland and Sonsie can’t play again. They offer nothing.

Kozzy big positive last few weeks, showed a bit.
Nankervis flying under the radar for the All Aus ruckman this year, been very, very good and tonight against two good opponents was fantastic (although Jackson was also super).

Taranto (as good as he is) could be the worst kick I’ve ever seen. Learn to handball fella.
Miller looked like an All Aus last week on Curnow, then had his pants pulled down by a Josh Treacy, whatever that is.

Just want to see some effort, accountability, and hopefully some improved skills for the remainder of the year
This post should have had 200 likes.
Spot on.

The question for me what happens from here and end of year super important. Do we go back in the wilderness for another 37 years or we act like one of the big boys ?.

Our president needs to stand up basically not existent for me , while our CEO role is super important appointment. Not in favour of hiring within we made that mistake previously. The footy department needs to be held accountable to Livingstone and Blair lift their game to many poor decisions of late. Super important review for me.

The question for me what happens from here and end of year super important. Do we go back in the wilderness for another 37 years or we act like one of the big boys ?.

Our president needs to stand up basically not existent for me , while our CEO role is super important appointment. Not in favour of hiring within we made that mistake previously. The footy department needs to be held accountable to Livingstone and Blair lift their game to many poor decisions of late. Super important review for me.
Hartley needs to start doing his job again and find a Houli and Grigg. Plenty of players in Carlton’s best 22 that were from other clubs. Some that didn’t cost much draft pick wise. Blake Acres a good example.

Hartley needs to start doing his job again and find a Houli and Grigg. Plenty of players in Carlton’s best 22 that were from other clubs. Some that didn’t cost much draft pick wise. Blake Acres a good example.
Agree 💯 and kids not getting games at other sides.

To much here focus on the coaching, but our off field and footy department have been rubbish last 2 years.

Yze - "Can't fault the effort". I'm really starting to lose my love for the Oooze
It’s that comment regularly that has me hoping he’s not a people pleaser? That it’s more him showing loyalty/relationship towards the group overall?

Back