Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Top 5 v GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll miss Prestia, still our best mid with hamstrings made of gelatine.

Also those earlier in the year that said we won’t trade Short cAUsE hE’s ouR VIcE cApTaiN out yourselves and show some humility.

Seriously though, what a pea heart.
It may not be that they shouldn't trade Short, I will just be surprised if they do.
We may be surprised though.

I’ve been a supporter of the kid , but what claims are there that he would justify time in the midfield , I’m worried for him if he can’t reverse his form

These are his claims that justify time in the midfield, he’s only played two VFL games this season and here are the results.

Tyler Sonsie (30 disposals, seven marks, six inside-50s, one goal)

Tyler Sonsie (32 disposals, 19 contested possessions, 10 clearances, seven inside-50s, five marks, one goal)

Not only that, at his size, I’d like to see him knock a few more blokes over with his first efforts

There’s nothing to justify the contract this bloke got. He couldn’t even make our team when we had no one in the twos yet he scored a 3 year deal. Can’t read the ball in the air and can’t mark it either when it reaches his hands. He’s is a local league forward.

These are his claims that justify time in the midfield, he’s only played two VFL games this season and here are the results.

Tyler Sonsie (30 disposals, seven marks, six inside-50s, one goal)

Tyler Sonsie (32 disposals, 19 contested possessions, 10 clearances, seven inside-50s, five marks, one goal)
Hmmm VFL and afl are poles apart , too often he’s struggling to win much ball at all and he does play high HF so is in the action

There’s nothing to justify the contract this bloke got. He couldn’t even make our team when we had no one in the twos yet he scored a 3 year deal. Can’t read the ball in the air and can’t mark it either when it reaches his hands. He’s is a local league forward.
Get blight into the flipping side , ffs play him ff if he can’t break into our star studded defence

In other positive news, I’ll likely only see one more game of this god forsaken season , gave away my tix v coll and will talk my way out of an invite to Norf game . Hopefully we can sign off with a rare win v GC . Hard to believe this will officially be our worst season in history unless we win another game , I swear the mid 80s seemed so much worse but the ladder says otherwise

In other positive news, I’ll likely only see one more game of this god forsaken season , gave away my tix v coll and will talk my way out of an invite to Norf game . Hopefully we can sign off with a rare win v GC . Hard to believe this will officially be our worst season in history unless we win another game , I swear the mid 80s seemed so much worse but the ladder says otherwise
hard to imagine but its true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives of the kids
HRS
TREZISE
GREEN
Banks came good in the last
Brown

Negatives
Ryan
Sonsie

Senior players still the issue minus
Nank
TT
JH
FLOSSY
KOSI
Prestia
Miller was awful, but came good when Trezise came on

We lost this at selection as usual. Then too slow activating the sub.

You can’t have guys like Balta, Bolton, Baker Short and Rioli putting in games like that as they are supposed to be leaders of the next generation. I would trade all of them except the first two listed.

We are six first round picks and quality later picks short of being a good side.
I think positives outweighed the negatives today as some kids rose from the ground. OHB was massive in the VFL today and could be the man to give Nanks that well deserved chop out in the future. I can’t see Ryan being it.
You left Mansell out?

roast: backline. Very, very average day.
Toast: Hugo, midfield - hopper, Nank, TT and meatball all good. Fwds - Mansell and Steely good.

Changes: Dusty for Taranto. Blight for Ryan - move Balta forward. Cumbo for Sonsie.

Most frustrating for me is Yze repeating the term 'execution' and how we let ourselves down. These guys are full time professionals, they get paid to perform their skills at an appropriate level.

Can you imagine a carpentry crew continually constructing out of square pergolas, effort might be there but the execution clearly isnt. They would eventually be booted out the nearest door.

Essentially an employer should take the offenders aside and in the first instance outline their deficiencies, address them with additional training and provide them opportunity to improve, no improvement and unfortunately they would be shown the door.

For the most part I am seeing little to no improvement, the same players poorly executing week in week out, something has to change, either the coaches aren't doing their jobs or the players are simply not good enough so need to be shown the door.

man, let it go, if he gets three weeks is that going to make our loss feel better?
not his fault. unless you want to see the game turn into netball go ahead.

Since when has ‘not on purpose’ had anything to do with it? How is it not his fault if he has pinned both arms? They know they’re supposed to try and avoid that.

He has caused a bloke to be concussed and miss at least one game. He should have to miss at least one too. You can bet your bottom dollar if the roles were reversed, they’d throw the book at our player.

Since when has ‘not on purpose’ had anything to do with it? How is it not his fault if he has pinned both arms? They know they’re supposed to try and avoid that.

He has caused a bloke to be concussed and miss at least one game. He should have to miss at least one too. You can bet your bottom dollar if the roles were reversed, they’d throw the book at our player.
I think this shit is in danger of changing our game for the worst.
Its so easy to get pinged now, im all for stopping the flying elbows and knees, infact i think if you leed with your knee for a mark it should be a free kick, that is way more dangerous than most of the soft frees and reposts that go on in todays game. I dont want thuggery, but we are on the edge of AFLX type game if this keeps going.

I think this shit is in danger of changing our game for the worst.
Its so easy to get pinged now, im all for stopping the flying elbows and knees, infact i think if you leed with your knee for a mark it should be a free kick, that is way more dangerous than most of the soft frees and reposts that go on in todays game. I dont want thuggery, but we are on the edge of AFLX type game if this keeps going.
AFLX is the end game for the CFL

Mcintosh x
Graham x
Short x
Grimes x

Pickett maybe
What a shitful season for Grimes. Was up there with my favourite players. Remember when he used to hand Charlie Cameron his arse every time we played Bris? He was a miser on tall and small alike. Yet form and injury have killed his last season, feels like he has already been gone since the start of the year. Tragic

What a shitful season for Grimes. Was up there with my favourite players. Remember when he used to hand Charlie Cameron his arse every time we played Bris? He was a miser on tall and small alike. Yet form and injury have killed his last season, feels like he has already been gone since the start of the year. Tragic
Should never have been signed for this season , ,lets not repeats gaffs like that

Get very busy in trading to get three hits inside the top 20 in this draft.
Draft two mids and a key tall.

It's gotta be 3 inside the top 15 and they've all got to be skilled users of the footy and quick. We lack speed and skill but the grunt and role players are there, just need the class

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Back