Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Top 5 v Fremantle

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

So you blame your manager for your shit performance?

That’s where this list is at. Can’t blame the coach for not being able to execute skills in the framework and conditions given to you. That’s on you.

So if that is the case. Why have so many senior players regressed so heavily this year? Taranto, Bolton, Short, Broad, Graham. This list goes on. The coaching panel clearly isn't motivating the list.

Yze will be gone by the middle of next year if he keeps playing Balta up forward hopefully much sooner

Bring on Steven Morris he bleeds yellow and black and the players under him do as well.

Kozitsche was great tonight felt like he took a dozen marks. Think its time to throw a few magnets around, im tired of seeing McIntosh, id throw short and brown on wings and hf just to see if can unearth something different. I think Campbell and Mansell need to be swapped out with some reserves players. Time Green, Smith and Coulthard were given opportunities as Mansell and Campbell are flatter than a discarded yellow coke bottle on a construction site. Bolton should kiss Balta's feet for setting up all of his goals and 2 were gifts. If they taught Bolton to have a proper set shot routine he could be top 5 player in the comp. I can't wait for this season to end..... bring on the draft and trade period.

Ok so Yze gets another year.

But
Why do we not guard tradition through the guts ??

Rioli on Fedricks. Love Rioli and he had a good game but you can't have him as our key running HB play maker and guarding a dangerous small forward like Fredricks.

Dragging Blight - why? I would have put him forward as a defensive KPF and put Balta back.

Dragged hopper he had a shocker

time to tune in for the main game 10:35 tomorrow when Finn O'Sullivan takes on the allies
He might be a bit slow out of the blocks, but he’s the one…

Yeah if only we had the hindsight to be shit during a good draft...

Good news is the draft expert Cal Twomey who really knows his draftees said he can easily get to 25 x quality youngsters in this draft, so lots of high quality depth. Loads of mids but there’s some KPP’s coming into the frame also. Unfortunately no Harley Reid standout which is a shame….

I know I know, they say that ‘every year’…. is a strong draft … except Twomey doesn’t. Sounds like a great year to have a strong draft hand.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Giants game I realised that Joe Fonti, a guy drafted at 44 last year, looks better in his debut than anyone we've picked since 2017 has in just about any game (excepting Maurice Jr as a father-son who played a few good games this year).

I'm not a fan of Yze's strategy but I reckon he's trying to keep the margins low because he knows he doesn't have the cattle. If we tried to play like 2017 with this list we'd go down by 200 points. Having no transition-play makes sense when your players can't run or kick. Better to go for stoppages given that Taranto, Nank and Hopper are actually AFL-tier players which means we can compete there.

Good news is the draft expert Cal Twomey who really knows his draftees said he can easily get to 25 x quality youngsters in this draft, so lots of high quality depth. Loads of mids but there’s some KPP’s coming into the frame also. Unfortunately no Harley Reid standout which is a shame….

I know I know, they say that ‘every year’…. is a strong draft … except Twomey doesn’t. Sounds like a great year to have a strong draft hand.

Yeah I'm not bothered by the lack of a "Harley Reid" type in the draft, footy is a team game and whilst we had the privilege of having Dusty drag us in 2020, there's no guarantee a one man saviour will work again. This is the point in time where we are bottom of the ladder bad and we have to make it work.

Yeah I'm not bothered by the lack of a "Harley Ried" type in the draft, footy is a team game and whilst we had the privilege of having Dusty drag us in 2020, there's no guarantee a one man saviour will work again. This is the point in time where we are bottom of the ladder bad and we have to make it work.
Just need to be an attractive destination and have the trade capital when he gets homesick..... :thumbsu:

The unfortunate thing with Cumbo is he just looks incompetent at basically every element of the game that doesn’t involve him having the ball. When he has the ball he’s not bad at finding the big sticks. And occasionally not bad at creating a bit of havoc…. But …

When the ball is in his vicinity in the air he has no idea whether to jump and contest, or remain at ground level. He is regularly outmarked due to indecision.

He easily gets out bodied in a contest, whether it be aerial or ground level. He is so ‘wired’ in every contest and hits them all at high speed there’s zero balance or composure … he is very easy to knock off the ball as he doesn’t anchor himself at any stage of a contest.

Even when getting dodged around he’s a bit embarrassing. He regularly slips and gets wrong footed easier than any player I’ve ever seen. Again, it’s because his body is moving faster than his brain and he’s just running full speed at fresh air.

Bottom line is he had a purple patch in his first 9 games in 2022 in a strong team that was the highest scoring in the comp with 19 goals. Since then he has really struggled to show anything resembling being an AFL quality player. He goes entire games without anything more than token contributions to the team way too often.

I’m sorry, but I’ve seen enough. He’s got some talent and I believe could kick a few goals in a strong team, but unless there’s a miracle, I just can’t see him developing the footy IQ to be a valuable team player in a successful team at AFL level.

Yes he does you do not play your best back man as at best an average forward option and get pummelled each week

Yze serious case of footy sh*t for brains destroying one of our few key assets.

This is on the recruiters. Blindsided is what management said they were losing both CCJ and Chol in one go. Had our strongest draft hand since 2004 a few weeks later and they pick up a KPD, mid, 2 x hbf, hf. We've not spent a decent pick on a KPF since Riewoldt. Can't expect midseason and preseason spuds like Bradtke and Bauer to kick on. I doubt Ryan makes it as his opponent only has to break wind and Ryan capitulated. We're forced to play Balta up forward for now. Besides he kicked 3 last week and set up 4 goals tonight including giving off 2 to Bolton that he could've easily kicked himself.

Back