Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Top 5 v Fremantle

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what, I think Mansell worked his way into the game well.

Also, going to put this out there, I reckon Cumbo wasn’t entirely terrible. Showed improvement on previous weeks.
Really have to loook at how dirty the ball was coming into the forward line, hard for the half forwards to do much with the quality being given to them.
Nah Cumberland is no good. He reminds me of any number of whipping boy players we've had in any off the low years previous to our recent flag era.

Cumberland is putting his hand up for a spot in the starting 22 of our worst team from the 1990s.

Yep If we pick up a gun and we are still shit teams will be offering big coin for them to leave then we are screwed
so we shouldnt have got Cothin and Martin and Riewoldt and bolton and Lynch?

Nope we should get a bunch of TT and hopper clones and we will be fine..great logic there.

Glad you're not head of recruiting. :) :D :D

What's our problem?? Is it a problem in the middle? Forward line or back line? There needs to be some turnover in coaches. Teague still looking at our forward line and offensive structures? Get him out.
Our problem is we haven’t had access to the guns of the draft. That’s it. Our backline is pretty good. Midfield mediocre and forward line terrible w/o Lynch. It is to be expected after having a Dynasty

Cumbo, Mansell and Campbell gave us nothing. I blame the coaches more for the way they are being used.

I have said this all season stop this defensive bullshit for every small forward. I am watching our smalls they are trying to guard space, trying to prevent their opponent to rebound.

We need our smalls to be creative. Not including Shai as hes a star and can make something out of nothing.

I saw Cumbo and Mansell trying to defend, running, diving to smoother, tackling but they are not in the right spots every time the ball gets into forward 50.. Either play them as offensive weapons or drop all 3.

This falls back on the coaches not utilising them to our advantage and its been like this most of the season.

Miller was our worst defender so easily gets pushed off the ball, Show some mongrel.

Macintosh just horrible.

Sonsie and Hugo found a bit of the ball but ball use was terrible.

Baker poor game enough said.

Sam Banks haven't been 100% on him but when he came on thought he did a few good things. Looked a little bit more composed and offered a bit of run from the back half.

When we were winning our flags why are we not able to execute any type of frantic pressure on oppos like we did back then there is no urgency in the way we play and all I’m seeing is headless chook stuff players have no idea
So basically it has to come down to our coaches what the hell do they train and teach 4 or 5 days a week down there

1. Richmond tried hard all game. That's all we can expect from them during this transition and rebuild period.

2. Some early draft picks - yes please. I'm looking forward to the Draft.

3. Yze for me gets a pass mark for 2024 in my opinion. It's pretty clear that Richmond knew where they were at when season 2024 commenced. They weren't in contention for a Premiership. My expectations were pretty low. All I wanted was effort and seeing the kids play - both are happening. All Yze can do is work with what he has in terms of the current list. He knows what he has and he knows what he needs. The Tigers will need a few Drafts to help the rebuild period. After our recent period of success, what goes up must in the end come down.

4. Our forward line has lost all structure, cohesiveness/connectivity and spark. A big problem lies in the tall timber, no Lynch thanks to injuries (a shame). Kozi needs to do more. But another issue lies with the crumbing players/mop up players/ground level players. When the ball hits the deck, they seem to just panic, they seem to not be able to think their way through traffic, or have an automatic instinct for goal sense and goal kicking. Who was the last successful pure pack crumbing forward that Richmond had? I reckon it was Andrew Krakouer. How confident were we as supporters when the ball hit the deck and he'd be there to mop up and kick a goal or hand the ball off and do it quickly, plus his goal sense was very important too. Those type of players don't hang up on trees all the time, but Richmond need a small forward with Krak's abilities (or similar) because far too often when the ball hits the deck the oppositon are able to simply run away with the ball at will, there's no pressure to get the ball back through tackling and no pressure to do something with the ball when ball is in hand and making the opposition second guess themselves to the point of "Gee he might kick this".

5. We as supporters, we simply must stay the course and continue to support the club. I know there's anger and frustration but the reality is we simply must start again, we are not the first club to start again and we certainly won't be the last club either. It's simply our time to be at the bottom and start again plus rebuild.

Disappointing to lose again but it is what it is. The list needs to be gutted and turned over, it will be the only way forward. Hopefully Richmond nail it at this year's Draft and the next few Draft's.

Respectfully, the ladder truly reflects how bad we are this year. Our current offence is the worst I’ve ever seen from Richmond. It’s just awful watching us go forward. Even when we do mark the ball, our set shot kicking is woeful.

The worst part of this is that we’re in the early stages of what looks like a painful rebuild. Unfortunately for Yze, new coaches don’t tend to survive such painful rebuilds. Not really his fault though because he’s been dealt a terrible hand. I want him to survive the rebuild but the chances of that happening are slim.

The problem here is that we don’t know how many rebuilds we’ll fail before we finally nail it. Especially with Tasmania coming in. Things are looking bleak, but what can we do

Respectfully, the ladder truly reflects how bad we are this year. Our current offence is the worst I’ve ever seen from Richmond. It’s just awful watching us go forward. Even when we do mark the ball, our set shot kicking is woeful.

The worst part of this is that we’re in the early stages of what looks like a painful rebuild. Unfortunately for Yze, new coaches don’t tend to survive such painful rebuilds. Not really his fault though because he’s been dealt a terrible hand. I want him to survive the rebuild but the chances of that happening are slim
But but but the umpires are corrupt and the CFL and the medja are all against us.

Who I think will be on our list next year.

Nank
Taranto
Hopper
Balta
Miller
Vlas
Blight
Both Rioli's
Ralphsmith
The GOAT 💪
Ryan
Broad
Bolton
Mansell
Campbell
Brown
Smith
Young
Gibcus
Clarke
Pickett
McAulliffe
Sonsie
Banks
Tresize

Who I think will be gone

Graham
Baker
Prestia
Grimes
Naismith
Kmac
Cumberland

Apologies if I've missed anyone ( sure I've missed plenty ), I'm as flat as, just mentally tired from a hard week at work.

Anyway, I'll turn up to the G next week. Go Tiges.

Last edited:
Mate, I honestly thought he was a junk player. But he plays with a bit of mongrel, and we need that in our talls.
Biggest impact has been floating up to the wings and clunking marks or smashing packs. So many teams used to just chip along our wings and kick goals until he started pulling his digit out recently. Has been good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banks is a bust imo but if he's any chance to make it ,it's as a hbf not a winger...rather move Rioli or Campbell there in place of KMac ...
I still like Rioli off half back providing run through the middle. If he plays wing I reckon he gets lost on the outside.

Although this new game plan seem to revolve around kicking long wide and down the line so who knows…

no need to panick, People are forgetting we are years behind in developement.

WE need some high draft picks.

NOW you know why I hated the Hopp/tt trade, we need high draft pics to boom with our other yound kids.

We are in a bit of no mans land, we just need to trade and regroup.
We didn't have a Top10 pick Taranto's year though
1. Richmond tried hard all game. That's all we can expect from them during this transition and rebuild period.

2. Some early draft picks - yes please. I'm looking forward to the Draft.

3. Yze for me gets a pass mark for 2024 in my opinion. It's pretty clear that Richmond knew where they were at when season 2024 commenced. They weren't in contention for a Premiership. My expectations were pretty low. All I wanted was effort and seeing the kids play - both are happening. All Yze can do is work with what he has in terms of the current list. He knows what he has and he knows what he needs. The Tigers will need a few Drafts to help the rebuild period. After our recent period of success, what goes up must in the end come down.

4. Our forward line has lost all structure, cohesiveness/connectivity and spark. A big problem lies in the tall timber, no Lynch thanks to injuries (a shame). Kozi needs to do more. But another issue lies with the crumbing players/mop up players/ground level players. When the ball hits the deck, they seem to just panic, they seem to not be able to think their way through traffic, or have an automatic instinct for goal sense and goal kicking. Who was the last successful pure pack crumbing forward that Richmond had? I reckon it was Andrew Krakouer. How confident were we as supporters when the ball hit the deck and he'd be there to mop up and kick a goal or hand the ball off and do it quickly, plus his goal sense was very important too. Those type of players don't hang up on trees all the time, but Richmond need a small forward with Krak's abilities (or similar) because far too often when the ball hits the deck the oppositon are able to simply run away with the ball at will, there's no pressure to get the ball back through tackling and no pressure to do something with the ball when ball is in hand and making the opposition second guess themselves to the point of "Gee he might kick this".

5. We as supporters, we simply must stay the course and continue to support the club. I know there's anger and frustration but the reality is we simply must start again, we are not the first club to start again and we certainly won't be the last club either. It's simply our time to be at the bottom and start again plus rebuild.

Disappointing to lose again but it is what it is. The list needs to be gutted and turned over, it will be the only way forward. Hopefully Richmond nail it at this year's Draft and the next few Draft's.
Yze is a genius ... after beating Sydney and knowing his game plan works ... puts the Cue in the rack and secures Pick 1 in his first season ... bloody smart cookie

It's a gimmick. You ever work under a manger who says all the right things, all the right words, but does nothing? That reminds me of Yze.

So you blame your manager for your shit performance?

That’s where this list is at. Can’t blame the coach for not being able to execute skills in the framework and conditions given to you. That’s on you.

Balta didn't kick a goal but had 4 goal assists. He had a good game.

Kosi was pretty good around the ground again.

Our forward line is a shambles.

I agree that Balta was pretty good tonight. But Treacy kicked 5-goals… Balta kicked none (I acknowledge he gave a few away and was a solid performer).

We have to play the long game … our best chance of kicking back up the ladder 2026 onwards is to settle our backline. It can be a really strong area for us, particularly if Gibcus gets back.

Remember Darcy Moore was a forward … then went into defence. Then a few years in to his career the Pies couldn’t score and they put him back forward … which lasted a very short time. 5-years later he is an AA defender and Premiership captain … as a KPD!

I was torn about Balta (fwd or back) given our lack of forwards, but I’ve seen enough. Truth is he can be one of the best KPD’s in the competition, if not the best. He will never be one of the best forwards. So why not play to his greatest strength?

Kosi was pretty good tonight. We have Lynch to come back. We have Lefau. We have Ryan. We can cobble together a forward line over a couple of years with some draftees to come in as many other successful teams have done.

Backlines become good when they play together constantly. We’ve got to get Balta, Brown, Miller, Vlastuin, Rioli, Blight etc… building their chemistry immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I see that Kmac had 10 disposals. Time to pull the pin. Pointless playing him.

Didn't like seeing Tom Brown smiling and laughing as he came off. Not a good look. heck that shit off mate
not a problem, it wasn't a final. we were not playing for sheep stations and he played well from Siren to siren

Last edited:
We’re probably going to cop an absolute hiding at some point before the end of the year. Maybe even two. So get the hankies ready.
My guess is Port Adelaide at AO in a couple of weeks. If the team that belted us by 91 points got belted there today, then I don’t know what’ll happen to us

Back