Autopsy Roast & Toast v Gold Coast

Top 5 v Gold Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched all of Umze’s pressers this year (4th beer in and it was hard going; the watching that is, not the beer). There is no passion, no inspiration and no fire - it was like listening to wet cardboard drying in the sun. Nothing he says indicates any basis for players to put it on the line. Granted these are post mortems and not pre game speeches but to not see any changes in body language or what he said (seriously stop saying you are happy with the effort) despite the seriously bad performance from many senior players leaves me with no real confidence going forward. How is this guy going to inspire a rebuild or renaissance when he sounds like white noise? I hope he finds some mongrel or at least eats some habaneros to get a bit of fire in the belly over the off season or it won’t matter who we draft 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’ve never ever got anything out of a press conference other than when the Scott brothers have a hissy fit.

They’re not worth the paper they’re printed on. Don’t worry about it. None of it is a reflection of what’s going on in the club.

Just watched all of Umze’s pressers this year (4th beer in and it was hard going; the watching that is, not the beer). There is no passion, no inspiration and no fire - it was like listening to wet cardboard drying in the sun. Nothing he says indicates any basis for players to put it on the line. Granted these are post mortems and not pre game speeches but to not see any changes in body language or what he said (seriously stop saying you are happy with the effort) despite the seriously bad performance from many senior players leaves me with no real confidence going forward. How is this guy going to inspire a rebuild or renaissance when he sounds like white noise? I hope he finds some mongrel or at least eats some habaneros to get a bit of fire in the belly over the off season or it won’t matter who we draft 🤦🏻‍♂️
Hardwick should of bailed earlier when Kingsley was around, campaigner left us with scraps

What a wonderful day at the football yesterday. Shame to not get a win but the boys cracked in and I thought they played well for majority of the game. We have a very beautiful football club and the way we celebrate our own is very special.

On to the offseason, what a new and exciting journey we are on.

for me its the handballs we miss thats more damning. I can forgive an errant kick under extreme pressure or going full tilt but the volume of simple handballs that go too high, too low, behind, or directly to the opposition - dion, is completely inexcusable. thats a skill that should be nailed by the time they're 10 years old.

I mean, this is the elite competition for this sport. can you imagine nba players passing the ball into eachothers backs and missing eachother by a metre...
It’s the injuries

There is no world where Hopper and Taranto just start dominating inside and we start beating up teams in there. Nank is also very old. Our team is so slow and unskilled, you cant just add 7 or so 18 year olds and it all clicks.
Yep agree not gonna be quick because any young kids in next 2 years drafts will take five years at least to peak and by then vlastuin and broad also finished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only disappointing thing about today was the lack of opportunity given in the centre bounces. Taranto, Prestia and Hopper were in there all day. Yes we beat them in there but why not try and find out about a few others? Maurice turned the game as a mid last week in the VFL but doesn't get one centre bounce today. Ross has shown plenty of promise when being played on the ball but Yze had him freezing his ass off on the wing for some reason.

The other thing is while we won the clearances, we offer zero defensive pressure when we lose them. Those 3 in there at once is so slow. At least you know Maurice would bust his ass chasing someone.
Our mids are only good when the ball is kept in tight from a centre bounce - which often means even if they win possession it is under pressure whereas once it is knocked clear of the circle they are slower than their opponents to get to the ball and so the opposition can use it more effectively

Trading 2 years of picks for Taranto & Hopper, then losing Rioli & younger, better players in Bolton & Baker is about as bad of situation as you can get. We traded 2 years of picks for players to keep us relevant, then 2 years later had to trade our literal best players remaining, who are younger, to get those picks back.

Club killers.
Not a bad way of describing it

Our mids are only good when the ball is kept in tight from a centre bounce - which often means even if they win possession it is under pressure whereas once it is knocked clear of the circle they are slower than their opponents to get to the ball and so the opposition can use it more effectively
we seem to have no one getting into space to receive a knock down, let alone get in the ruck's eyeline. So either the ball spills onto the floor, or our bloke catches it under immediate pressure, or an opponent beats us to the ball. So we either turn it over immediately or get a ball up from which we enter the same cycle again.

When you look at the players we had over the flag years it was such a cracking list absolutely packed with guns. It was right up there with the awesome Brisbane and Hawthorn sides . We are in for some tough years but we are all very lucky we saw such a special era as some clubs never have them in their history at all.
After Tassy is added my bet, my account, is that we will be the last of the Great Dynasty Teams...never to be replicated ever!

Trading 2 years of picks for Taranto & Hopper, then losing Rioli & younger, better players in Bolton & Baker is about as bad of situation as you can get. We traded 2 years of picks for players to keep us relevant, then 2 years later had to trade our literal best players remaining, who are younger, to get those picks back.

Club killers.
It's really, not. We didn't even trade 2 full years of picks, we still had our 2nd rounder in the 2nd year.
You're also ignoring the year before where we picked up 5 top 30 picks in preparation for trading for those guys.

Over 21-22-23 we picked up 2 first rounders and 4 2nd rounders which is pretty close to the standard amount you would take over 3 seasons.

We don't have to trade anyone. They have decided to leave and guess what? That would've happened if we didn't trade for Taranto and Hopper.

The only club killers here are nuffie fans

Yep 100%, yesterday had nothing to do with Dimma. Similar with Wayne Campbell in the bowles of the G.

They're not Richmond people now, get the **** away from the club
Richmond people or not friendships is different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Gold Coast

Back