Autopsy Roast & Toast v Gold Coast

Top 5 v Gold Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Our mids are only good when the ball is kept in tight from a centre bounce - which often means even if they win possession it is under pressure whereas once it is knocked clear of the circle they are slower than their opponents to get to the ball and so the opposition can use it more effectively
Tiges don't play a tagger of any description. Best we have is a two way runner (JGTI) who is walking.

We need to recruit a coach to develop these (Nigel / Ross/ Jnr) and as has Shitney (Jordan), recruit a player who already does this to replace Meatball (need a faster meatball) who is nearing career end.

What a wonderful day at the football yesterday. Shame to not get a win but the boys cracked in and I thought they played well for majority of the game. We have a very beautiful football club and the way we celebrate our own is very special.

On to the offseason, what a new and exciting journey we are on.
Well said mate. I felt the same yesterday. Kept fronting up this year with a smile on my face. The way to be. Never want to see our supporters turning into those sad sacks of Carlton fans that call themselves supporters but attack their team at the drop of a hat. And whatever happens the next few years, we're always closer to our next flag then the Saints. 😉😄

Last edited:
Dow, Graham, Hopper so much worse. TT will be fine if we can get some pace and class around him.

I can’t see it. TT is a get it and kick it player and those types belong in the forward line. I can’t believe we recruited him for our midfield. He would have been great bombing it to Royce Hart back in the day but gee whizz in the midfield you have to be able to value add your possessions not kick it away like it’s the dying seconds of a grand final.
Would much rather he got 12 possessions in the forward line with a few shots at goal than 30 in the midfield.

The booing of Dimma was a disgrace.

We could still be trying to remember 1980 if it wasn’t for him. Ingrates
shouldnt have left us in that manner then

richo reckons we wont trade both bolton and rioli

only one
I’d suggest family reasons are more of an acceptable reasons. So Bolton more likely than Daniel…..

shouldnt have left us in that manner then

Quite right. Yes we won 3 flags while he was the coach but he didn’t do it all on his own. It takes a lot of people working together to make it happen. And what did he do when it all got a bit hard? Instead of rolling up his sleeves and getting to work to right the ship, he thought only of himself and walked away.

Totally selfish and left us in the lurch, but expects to be welcomed back with open arms at any time. Well I think not. That’s not to say I agreed with the boo-ing, just that I understand how some people might not be happy to see him try and pretend to still be a Richmond person.

Quite right. Yes we won 3 flags while he was the coach but he didn’t do it all on his own. It takes a lot of people working together to make it happen. And what did he do when it all got a bit hard? Instead of rolling up his sleeves and getting to work to right the ship, he thought only of himself and walked away.

Totally selfish and left us in the lurch, but expects to be welcomed back with open arms at any time. Well I think not. That’s not to say I agreed with the boo-ing, just that I understand how some people might not be happy to see him try and pretend to still be a Richmond person.
sheedy got to the bummers in 1981 and won his 4th flag in 2000 19 years later

if only dumma had sheedys enthusiasm for coaching the same club , he wouldnt have bailed after 13 years

sheedy got to the bummers in 1981 and won his 4th flag in 2000 19 years later

if only dumma had sheedys enthusiasm for coaching the same club , he wouldnt have bailed after 13 years
He didn't have quality 🌭, otherwise he would still be at Richmond.

Moral of the story is never skimp on your 🌭!

Went to the game as it was the sendoff to Dusty, Grimes and Pickett that got me motivated. The first half was boring, sterile and sad to watch. I regretted going and it seemed most were more interested in seeing Dusty for the last time. But something clicked in the second half. From an erratic lack of gameplan, it turned into an interesting contest. For a while it looked like we were going to win, and midway through the third, I wanted us to damage Dimma's toys. But that old chestnet was waiting around the corner - twice we were coming hard and had all the momentum, and right on clue, the men in phlegm started making up free kicks for Dimma's toys. Infuriating. Then we came in the last and again, we were denied.

Jack Graham had his best game for the year and literally found another gear, Daniel Rioli seemed to like kicking to Suns players all afternoon, Balta had brain fades and Bolton has checked out. Pickett led the charge in the last quarter. Bauer looks to be a good find. Get a preseason into him and Lynch and Lefau will take the 1 and 2 defenders. Most of the younger players are tired, the older players can't wait until mad monday.

After the final siren went, there was a strange discussion with an umpire and Flossy. The umps were walking off in front of us to load booing and Flossy was fairly animated. Maybe he was congratulating them for shafting us all year ?

If Baker, Rioli, Graham and Bolton all go, we will rebuild quickly in a strong draft. One or two more seasons like this with a core group developing together is appealing rather than watching these guys collect a paycheck . If I could keep one, it would be Rioli.

The sendoff itself was incredible and worth going to the game just for the occasion. I can't think of any player ever having 92,000 for his 300th game and then 40,000 for his sendoff game that he was not even playing. congrats to the RFC for the way they managed it. Thanks to Dusty, Grimes and Pickett for the flags and the memories.

Bring on trade week and the national draft !

And falling in love like Tom Cruise when he should have been too busy focussing on being coach of the number one football club in the land.
He’s a Richmond legend but a bit of Wally.
I’ll take the 3 premierships though.

for me its the handballs we miss thats more damning. I can forgive an errant kick under extreme pressure or going full tilt but the volume of simple handballs that go too high, too low, behind, or directly to the opposition - dion, is completely inexcusable. thats a skill that should be nailed by the time they're 10 years old.

I mean, this is the elite competition for this sport. can you imagine nba players passing the ball into eachothers backs and missing eachother by a metre...
Pretty sure Dion’s DE was 80% according to AFL gameday site. Not the worst I’d think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats Campbell's connection to Dusty? He seemed pretty close with him gave him a big ol squeeze.

I know they are all previous tigers and likely know each other further back etc - but its sad that when Dusty had those moments, it wasn't a guy wearing our club colours now being the guy he embraced.

Not sure if we will ever get the full story of what the f has been happening at the club for the past few years, but its clearly been enough to break the culture we spent 4 year celebrating.

I know they are all previous tigers and likely know each other further back etc - but its sad that when Dusty had those moments, it wasn't a guy wearing our club colours now being the guy he embraced.

Not sure if we will ever get the full story of what the f has been happening at the club for the past few years, but its clearly been enough to break the culture we spent 4 year celebrating.

Maybe things went downhill in terms of culture when the coach broke up with his wife? But that's just a guess.

The players were close to the wife too...they all got along well with her and cared and respected her. It was a family club. You're right though we will probably never know the full extent of the past 4 years but I guarantee you that each player has a story to tell and how they felt, their thoughts/feelings etc during the 4 year period. Each and every player and staff member would have thier own opinion on things.

Anyway, time the club resets and moves forward. As Bart Cummings used to say, always look forward - never look back.

Maybe things went downhill in terms of culture when the coach broke up with his wife? But that's just a guess.

The players were close to the wife too...they all got along well with her and cared and respected her. It was a family club. You're right though we will probably never know the full extent of the past 4 years but I guarantee you that each player has a story to tell and how they felt, their thoughts/feelings etc during the 4 year period. Each and every player and staff member would have thier own opinion on things.

Anyway, time the club resets and moves forward. As Bart Cummings used to say, always look forward - never look back.

Was pretty much what i said at the time. Got called a lil gossipy bitch from memory.

for the club to look forward, it need to move forward in a way that allows it. At the moment they are still fixing and dealing with their inability to "move forward" & mesh it with the current & previous. Their failure to do that has cost us the entire team & group.

How does a club move forward when the situation stinks this bad? Just recruiting new kids into this situation will lead you no-where. We saw this for decades - good draft picks can only become good players IF you have the team and systems in place to allow them to be. Not sure i see why any kid would be stoked to be at Richmond while the club has the current people employed

Was that Wayne Campbell that Dusty hugged and and hid his tears into in the race to the rooms?

People have forgotten Wayne Campbell was back at Punt Rd 2009 - 20013. Can't remember his exact role in the office. Dusty came in 2009. Being a former captain and gun midfielder himself would imagine he would've spent some time with Dusty imparting some wisdom and whatnot. Dusty held it all together out on the ground. I don't think he expected a camera would've caught the moment he dropped his guard down once he had left the race. At the ground it was on the big screen for all to see.

We had no Friday night games this year and two Thursday games. Can't imagine we've convinced them to give us more prime time games. We'll probably end up going to Tassie and Canberra to make things sting even more

Yes, that sucked that we had no Friday games - more so since many of the Friday night games were out and out duds. Moreover, the entire fixture was a load of crap this year. There were so many good (non-Richmond) games in horrible timeslots, too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Gold Coast

Back