Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it before but our biggest problem is Dusty, Bolton and Daniel Rioli no longer care enough. They are our 3 most impactful players, when Rioli and Bolton got going in the 3rd, everyone else around them starts looking good!!! Exactly the same as the GC game. But they don't show up for more than a quarter here and there these days. Not sure we can fix that, dropping them wont help, but all 3 are just cruising and need to be better.

All three of them are best as outside receivers who are damaging by foot.

Whose currently feeding them from inside the stoppages?

Do you believe we will be up and running before their 5 years up? You're dreaming if you do Bo
We would've wasted 7 years by then if we don't rise fast enough.
No but we ll be on an upward trajectory, norf are a live example of going nowhere in absence of qty senior experience surrounding qty pics

That's rubbish Bo as they were traded in bc a few knobjockeys thought we were ready to compete for more premierships. One of these Knobjockeys even said it was the best list he ever had and then took off five weeks into the season. You don't give away 4 early picks if your list isn't ready to compete and a few on here could see our era was over and we needed to hit the draft for the next 4-5 seasons. We've lost 4 picks bc of these guys , cap space and they're going to be seven years of waste bc our list won't be ready in their time. Our FD is mess and totally incompetent.
pretty much spot on, its a timing issue as much as wrong players for the job.

Another hot take, but I honestly believe that too much weight is put on draft position. You should be able to find good players outside of the top 10. Especially small forwards, KPDs, ruckman, or midfielders. You might not find those once-in-a-generation midfielders like JHF, Chris Judd, and Harley Reid, but you'll easily get good midfielders if your team is good at developing them.

Jack Steele was pick 24, Zak Butters was pick 12, Max Holmes was pick 20, Taylor Adams was pick 13, Luke Parker was pick 40. Josh Dunkley is a bad example as he was a F/S that was bid on, but a pick in the 20s is about where he was rated if I remember correctly. Otherwise, he would've been bid on earlier. Even Peatling turned out a decent midfielder for GWS, and he was just a young mid-season recruit.

So it's definitely something that happens. We just didn't select many midfielders over the years, and when we did, we didn't really develop them well IMO. That's why we needed Taranto, Prestia, and Hopper to begin with. We can say that players like RCD and Dow etc. were always not good enough and that it's always on the individual, but a player going bust isn't always because they don't have the talent to make it. Sometimes the club just isn't good at developing or supporting players in that position.

Collingwood suck at developing KPFs while Jake Waterman is currently acting like Wayne Carey in West Coast's forward line. Bulldogs are terrible at developing KPDs while Fremantle breeds them like cattle. 2011 is probably the last time Carlton developed effective small forwards, while it's very easy for us to pick them in the draft and develop them into good players. Our one big problem over the years is developing good midfielders, and I'd like to see that change. I want Sonsie, McAuliffe, and Dow to become good pure midfielders, but I don't think our environment at the moment will foster that unfortunately. We're already seeing Sonsie being played out of position, so it makes me feel a bit nervous about it
Easy to say but it’s not really practical either
You listed a whole bunch of players that have come from different drafts so it’s not as if every single draft has these kinds of gems and they are easy to find because no club can pick these types consistently
It comes down to a little bit of luck with the late picks

In that same window of picks we selected Bolton and Balta so it’s not as if we haven’t found players in that range

Even the waterman example it’s not like he’s a 2nd year player
He was drafted in 2016 and done absolutely **** all until now
We would of calling him to be delisted well before now and written him off like some are with Kozi

Trezise is a must in, need a left footer in this ******* side

Balta & Ryan are clearly in

Cumberland in for Campbell who has offered * all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Is Balta right to go? I wouldn’t be rushing him back, despite desperately needing him. Give him all the time he needs and a couple of extra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Balta right to go? I wouldn’t be rushing him back, despite desperately needing him. Give him all the time he needs and a couple of extra.
If we don’t play Balta next week may as give him the next two to avoid the trip to Brisbane

Last year doesn’t represent what I’m talking about , we need to promote 5-6 younger players into the midfieid , with TT and hopper fit and playing reg
we are overloaded with midget flankers too and a decent KPF at start of 2023. Even HH would have been handy. JVR along the way.

Maybe draft a BBM like Hobbs we don't need JH AND TT.

Last edited:
Just saw the ooze after game presser boy he's really starting to sound like dimma using the same old excuses each week, we gotta get better, we didn't play the richmond way/brand but we looked good when we did. The young players have to learn, blah, blah, blah. He looked like he was under the pump with the questions fiddling with his polo shirt collar. :$

Last edited:
Yze presser speaking on why he went with Naismith over Ryan was weird. Yze looking a little out of his depth
If we played Ryan instead of Naismith, he would've been massively outsized by Freo's rucks. Naismith's selection actually made sense this week, unless we were going to play Kosi as a genuine 2nd ruck.

We're insane if we don't play Ryan as 2nd ruck next week, though. He can match Sam Darcy.

Pickett was ******* woeful. Multiple basic skill errors can't be excused.

Who goes out for Prestia if not Dow?
Prestia for Dow would be a mistake and totally counter to what this year should be about

Why play a vet on his last legs instead of giving a kid a continued run

Prestia for Dow would be a mistake and totally counter to what this year should be about

Why play a vet on his last legs instead of giving a kid a continued run
Because we'll get monstered by the Dogs mids if we keep playing skinny and small players in the midfield.

How are Banks/Ralphsmith/our other kids meant to develop if we never get the ball?

Because we'll get monstered by the Dogs mids if we keep playing skinny and small players in the midfield.

How are Banks/Ralphsmith/our other kids meant to develop if we never get the ball?
Because Prestia in his first game back shouldn’t be just thrown in and expected to do everything unless you want him on the sidelines for another 8 week hammy

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Back