Ross Lyon On Schneider and Dempster

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone remember RO'K on the night when he made the AA team? He was asked if he was a "Swan for life." and i got the impression when he answered, "I thinkso." that he was uncertain.

Of course we won't know for certain until the trade period looms whether or not he'll ask to leave.

FWIW, i believe Michael O'Loughlin and Leo Barry are already on the veterans list? So i don't think there is an opportunity there to throw whatever we save on those 2 at RO'K.

As for Schneider leaving. I was slightly disappointed, but now that i have had the opportunity to see what Mattner can bring to the table for us, it's Mattner hands down for me. Brings a lot more accountability and tackling pressure, something Schneider lacked. (Tackle on Danyle Pearce anyone?)

Moore + Mattner or Schneider + Dempster? The former any day of the week. Dempster, whilst a Premiership player never convinced me he was going to take that extra step and make a spot in our 22 his own.

Spud Frawley recently mentioned that Schneides was the 3rd highest paid player on the Saints list. That would put him behind only Riewoldt and Dal. I'd guess this puts him in the $500k bracket. That's a lot of cash.

Spud Frawley recently mentioned that Schneides was the 3rd highest paid player on the Saints list. That would put him behind only Riewoldt and Dal. I'd guess this puts him in the $500k bracket. That's a lot of cash.

Bloody hell, sorry Soph, but there's no way he deserves that kind of moolah!

What do the highest paid players at Sydney get?

Crouchy would have to be doing his bit for youth day for Nix, given he has been picking up his cheque for doing nought at the Swans.

Anyone got any idea on the phantom on the Swans list. What's the go with the little man? maybe he cracked them when Jude got his pay rise.

On Jude, I would like to offer a differing opinion than the learned poster who said he was having a great year. Try serviceable past 3 games.

And Frawley knows this because....? No way Schneider would be on that kind of money. There would be a revolt down there if that was the case.

He probably has a few contacts there I'd say (he played there for over 10 years and was captain). He said it on the Sunday Footyshow and was stood his ground when he was questioned by the other panelists (who were as surprised as you - and me).

ROK is an "untouchable" and the club should move heaven & earth to keep him at the Swans.

As for Schneider and Dempster, unfortunate that we had to trade two premiership players but have we really missed either of them ??

Schneider is a "down hill skier" who finishes well but wasn't prepared to put his head over the footy when required too as per the BLOODS creed.

Dempster runs and carries the ball with good leg speed but regularly kicked to 50/50's and turned the ball over. Mattner has only played (11) games but has already had significant impact in the games he has played.

There is no way in the world Schneider is getting that type of money.No way.
Schneider and Dempster's combined salaries would be around $500,000 or less.I would guess less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He probably has a few contacts there I'd say (he played there for over 10 years and was captain). He said it on the Sunday Footyshow and was stood his ground when he was questioned by the other panelists (who were as surprised as you - and me).
You know, that could very well be the reason we let him go.

Hypothetically, Lyon could/would've said, 'We'll take your gun premiership player and pay his huge salary and you can have shit all as a concession, but - you don't have Schneider's massive pay packet that you can't afford.'

There were rumours floating around earlier on that we had to let him go cause of the salary cap, I wouldn't be surprised if that is how it eventuated.

Just a thought.

On "Footy Classified" on Monday Ross Lyon was the special guest and he stated that Schneider and Dempster were let go because Sydney were in salary cap trouble.
We must have some well paid players on our list!!!!!!!!!!
please take the THREE of them back,all duds

When St Kilda players move to Sydney they improve.When Sydney players move to St Kilda they go backwards.
I think the problem is at your end.

Just a taste what Schneider could do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkKfKqXkaLw
Your not telling me something i dont already know,Although wouldnt agree about Plugger,anyway we dont want any more following the saints at least is good for the skin,makes it thicker,good luck.......except this week

please take the THREE of them back,all duds
il happily take dempster back
pffft you should be happy with what your team can get
our 3 were an improvment on your staff and players so dont complain...you also got them for a good deal so maybe you should think about that before complaining to us about the "raw deal" you got

Looking at that video just shows how brilliant Schneider can be if he applies himself, but he appears to be a lazy footballer, similar to Nick Davis.

I remember his first season, he was like a breath of fresh air and you just always wanted the ball in his hands. I still believe he's got the ability to be the best small forward in the league, but doubt he'll ever achieve that.

I seriously have 2 stop watching that youtube video i cry everytime
"And the man who started it all the Schneiderman can kick his 3rd for the night and the swans are in the grand final" God that makes me so mad he could have gone 2 any other team but it had 2 the the Saints why oh why does Ross Lyon exist??? Im seriously gonna run up 2 the race where the Saints players come out lift my banner right up and just show Adam (and Seany) just how much i miss him hope he kicks a goal coz im getting up and cheering for him wether we are winning or losing

I seriously have 2 stop watching that youtube video i cry everytime
"And the man who started it all the Schneiderman can kick his 3rd for the night and the swans are in the grand final" God that makes me so mad he could have gone 2 any other team but it had 2 the the Saints why oh why does Ross Lyon exist??? Im seriously gonna run up 2 the race where the Saints players come out lift my banner right up and just show Adam (and Seany) just how much i miss him hope he kicks a goal coz im getting up and cheering for him wether we are winning or losing
That is all me haha, my editing skills are like... superstar quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon On Schneider and Dempster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back