Round 1 - Richmond vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

After seeing Carlton's lineup I can't imagine them winning the game, really thought it was going to be a close game with Carlton just winning. In the first round should be a maximum of one first gamer. Naming one first gamer is always good for supporters to see the new talent, two can be a risk but great if it pays off. Anything over that and its just plain stupid. Richmond by 30 points.

your dreaming buddy
tigers might win but def. not by 30 points:thumbsdown:

I think the team that kicks the highest score will win this one.

If you have more goals and behinds than the opposition then you are well on your way to achieving this :D

in all seriousness, I expect Richmond to come out very hard and physical especially with Carlton having 5 new boys in.

Tigers to win it by 20 for me

also anyone know if there is somewhere that does live streaming online for the game.. or if sports one is doing the game live for WA viewers?

Carlton

B: Paul Bower Michael Jamison Aaron Joseph

HB: Jordan Russell Bret Thornton Heath Scotland

C: Kade Simpson Marc Murphy Chris Johnson

HF: Ryan Houlihan Jarrad Waite Jeffrey Garlett

F: Cameron Cloke Brendan Fevola Eddie Betts

Foll: Matthew Kreuzer Bryce Gibbs Chris Judd

Int: Richard Hadley Sam Jacobs Mitch Robinson Simon Wiggins

Emg: Dennis Armfield Shaun Hampson Andrew Walker

There are some very ordinary footballers in that line-up.

I fail to see how Carlton can progress as a finals side with Russell, Houlihan, Cloke, Betts, Hadley and Wiggins in their 22.

I understand there are injuries right now but you would hope that the majority of those players would be back at the Bullants by Round 4 if the Blues have designs on the 8.

I think the team that kicks the highest score will win this one.

If you have more goals and behinds than the opposition then you are well on your way to achieving this :D

in all seriousness, I expect Richmond to come out very hard and physical especially with Carlton having 5 new boys in.

Tigers to win it by 20 for me

Mitch Robinson, AJ, Sauce and Johnson should be ok with this sort of thing all have played VFL (Johnson AFL) and are not little fellas. Garlett is a little guy but if he gets too much attention im sure Fev will even the score.

Having said this I hope these guys arent used as an excuse in the event of a loss, if we lose we lose.

There are some very ordinary footballers in that line-up.

I fail to see how Carlton can progress as a finals side with Russell, Houlihan, Cloke, Betts, Hadley and Wiggins in their 22.

I understand there are injuries right now but you would hope that the majority of those players would be back at the Bullants by Round 4 if the Blues have designs on the 8.

Yeah how could a guys that played in a GF team better than the Hawks of 08 help a team make the finals:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah how could a guys that played in a GF team better than the Hawks of 08 help a team make the finals:rolleyes:

Hadley should be absolute borderline 22 for Carlton. Back then he was a promising midfield prospect for the lions. Since he's had a harsh run with injury and was jettisoned for a low draft pick. He has done well to resurrect his career but I reckon Richard Hadley in 2008, 09 is barely AFL standard. Maybe in the early 2000's it was a different story.

Hadley should be absolute borderline 22 for Carlton. Back then he was a promising midfield prospect for the lions. Since he's had a harsh run with injury and was jettisoned for a low draft pick. He has done well to resurrect his career but I reckon Richard Hadley in 2008, 09 is barely AFL standard. Maybe in the early 2000's it was a different story.
Could be right, I guess we will find out this year

Miss his pre-season games? A massive upgrade on Bentick, offers bullocking, shepharding, blocking, clearances, clean hands and decent foot skills through the middle. You're undervaluing his importance to our midfield setup.

Miss his pre-season games? A massive upgrade on Bentick, offers bullocking, shepharding, blocking, clearances, clean hands and decent foot skills through the middle. You're undervaluing his importance to our midfield setup.

Yes, I did miss his pre-season. And it is possible that I'm undervaluing his importance to you guys.

I can't see it happening so I haven't thought that far ahead.

I guess I'd give Richmond some sort of props.
Thats because you are a clueless twat.
I predict if you are proven wrong, you won't have the balls to front up.
Just hide away and make excuses on the Carlton board

Getting close now. My first 1/4 attention will be focused on the Tiges defensive strategy, The same game last year, Terry adopted a 15 man defensive flood for the first 1/4. In the 2nd 1/4 they stopped flooding, and got killed, and then went back to flooding in the 2nd half. So you don't need to be a genius to know that Terry will ultraflood first up. The interest will be on the tactics Ratten uses to counter these tactics. Very hard for forwards to get space in a flood situation. Wouldn't be surprised if Fev provides some fake leads to draw his 3-4 opponents away to provide some space. Eddie and Garlett will be used to create opportunity in the congestion. The Tiges defensive clearances will be targeted. Their defenders footskills are poor, and we should be able to rebound back into the forward 50 at a decent rate. :)

Thats one of the funniest things I have read all week.

I think the 1st quarter will be very scrappy as a lot of the young blokes will be very nervous in front of a sold out G.
Then look for the Carlton mids to take control and I reckon we'll win by 4 to 5 goals.

Not as funny when we smash you!

Has anyone had a swipe at Channel 10 yet? I can't believe that they have been hyping this 24-hour Ten HD sports channel for the last month, but then can't seem to manage to get the game on live into Adelaide on it's first day of broadcasting!! I can (almost) live it with the delay on their 'normal' channel, but why not live on Ten HD???

Has anyone had a swipe at Channel 10 yet? I can't believe that they have been hyping this 24-hour Ten HD sports channel for the last month, but then can't seem to manage to get the game on live into Adelaide on it's first day of broadcasting!! I can (almost) live it with the delay on their 'normal' channel, but why not live on Ten HD???

anti-syphoning laws= piece of shit legislation.

Its even worse over here in WA, we don't even get it until 8 WST, so effectively when the game is finished. Absolutely no excuse for that Ten...

I can't see it happening so I haven't thought that far ahead.

I guess I'd give Richmond some sort of props.
you will proberly piss off for a week or 2 if you lose.
Getting close now. My first 1/4 attention will be focused on the Tiges defensive strategy, The same game last year, Terry adopted a 15 man defensive flood for the first 1/4. In the 2nd 1/4 they stopped flooding, and got killed, and then went back to flooding in the 2nd half. So you don't need to be a genius to know that Terry will ultraflood first up. The interest will be on the tactics Ratten uses to counter these tactics. Very hard for forwards to get space in a flood situation. Wouldn't be surprised if Fev provides some fake leads to draw his 3-4 opponents away to provide some space. Eddie and Garlett will be used to create opportunity in the congestion. The Tiges defensive clearances will be targeted. Their defenders footskills are poor, and we should be able to rebound back into the forward 50 at a decent rate. :)
playing a 7 man backline is not flooding. i also expect the same from you if we win. you'll be gone for a week or 2 and make some excuse. and still use our centernary clash against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 - Richmond vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back