Autopsy Round 11, 2024 : Hawks poach the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Much better performance in the last quarter.

We managed to wrestle ourselves back into the contest and got it done.

Still furious we let last week slip because this team deserved to beat these bigger teams.

Chol fantastic. Worked extremely hard.

I can't wait until we have a full squad to choose from one day.
So when Lewis returns, I assume Dear and Chol stay, and Gunston goes back to VFL? And Hardwick, Ginivan and Watson make up the forward line. Gunston and/or Breust on interchange.

NEVER IN DOOOOOOOUBT!!!!

WE DID IT, WE FOOKING WELL DID IT CD XBOW!!!!!!

OLD MAN GUNSTON TAKE A BOW!

SUCKED IN ZORKO YOU LITTLE GIMP!

Shirt Streaker GIF by Bradford City AFC

What a game! Just got home and had the best time.

• Day in the midfield is just Bontempelli Junior and I love it
  • Worpel back to the main man role in the midfield - he's really come a long way as a player - that lace out pass to Chol form the centre break was awesome
  • I counted 7 free kicks in a row to Brisbane to start the third quarter. Stats say I'm exagerating a bit - but it was a weird patch of the game.
  • I'm glad Dear is kicking multiple goals in multiple games. The guy would be forgiven for having a few donuts to start the career but he's doing some really nice things.
  • Chol. Just love this guy
  • Chol, Ginnivan, D'Ambrosio, Gunston and Meek. What an offseason it was.(Or was Meek the previous year?). Would not have done so well today without that lot!
  • Some of the clean hands around the packs was elite today - Newcombe, Worpel, Nash, Day all flicking it around to each other to create space.
  • The break was good for Sicily
  • Frost continues to be a beast
  • Seeing multiple goals to Gunston, Chol and Dear says our forward line is starting to work the way it should.

So much to like. Wins like this make it worth riding through the bumpy times.
Umpiring in the third was a travesty

So when Lewis returns, I assume Dear and Chol stay, and Gunston goes back to VFL? And Hardwick, Ginivan and Watson make up the forward line. Gunston and/or Breust on interchange.
Or we play them all to have the most potent forward line in the league

Never had such fun at that shitheap of a stadium. Chol finally gets reward for his season of hard work. Ginnivan again demonstrates how much he loves playing for this club. Moore just gets the job done again. Gunston turns back the clock - particularly that last goal with the link with Breust. Watching Day at ground level today - I don’t feel remotely silly saying he’s going to be within the best 5 players in the league in a few years in his prime.

Overall it was a great team performance today I felt - and even players whose stat lines don’t look incredibly on paper still put in and went when they had to (Weddle, Dimma, Frost).

Most pleasing - after the heartbreak of last week and a similar scenario brewing today, this young team responded and played to the final siren. After the opening to this season showing some moments of concern this past 4-5 weeks has been massive for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never had such fun at that shitheap of a stadium. Chol finally gets reward for his season of hard work. Ginnivan again demonstrates how much he loves playing for this club. Moore just gets the job done again. Gunston turns back the clock - particularly that last goal with the link with Breust. Watching Day at ground level today - I don’t feel remotely silly saying he’s going to be within the best 5 players in the league in a few years in his prime.

Overall it was a great team performance today I felt - and even players whose stat lines don’t look incredibly on paper still put in and went when they had to (Weddle, Dimma, Frost).

Most pleasing - after the heartbreak of last week and a similar scenario brewing today, this young team responded and played to the final siren. After the opening to this season showing some moments of concern this past 4-5 weeks has been massive for me.

I really hope this run is maintained and we can get a bit of recognition and get ourselves back under the bright lights next year.. The Sunday graveyard time slot doesn’t do this team justice.. They’re good to watch.. a lot better than some more hyped teams..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting what it's like to be the beneficiary of atrocious goal kicking. They couldn't hit anything when they had the momentum

Cameron had a shocking day in front of goal.

Great win!

Where would the season be if we kicked straight against the Dons, iced the Pies and finished against Port?

Gee it's closer than it seems by the ladder!
Way back when we ran the poll on here about on where we would finish this season and if finals were a chance you just knew we needed all those type of games to fall our way. I'm just glad we can see the light at the end of tunnel and just want us to finish off the year winning more than we lose as I feel it could sway some of the FA we've been talking to.

Brilliant day at the concrete heap.
great start as always, bit quieter in the back half of the second and the third, but seemed to have plenty left in the tank to run it out in the last thank goodness.
Gunners and Chol kicking snags was lovely to watch.
Bring on the crow-bots next week at the home of footy.

But please, please PLEASE open the darn roof! The sun was out, it was a gorgeous day, and yet was bloody shivering in my seat. It's an outdoor sport, and changing ends each quarter should provide something different.
[apologies, but needed to get my usual marvel-whinge in]

Carna Hawkers!

dermie was shite as well evem calling us bottom four after the win what a tosser just as well he could play

Geez alot of supporters must wear ear muffs for 99% of a call to get hung up on one line.
Derm gave a tonne of positive reinforcement about numerous Hawk players as well as just a general positive vibe of where we are and heading.
Plus he's a damn astute caller of the game should you ever think about what he describes.

A bunch of sooks around here sometimes.
The Kid was a legend, is a legend, and will always be a legend of this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 11, 2024 : Hawks poach the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back