Autopsy Round 12, 2024: Hawks stone the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win. Especially when you live in Adelaide.

A big positive for me is that we never seem to have any “accumulators” or massive disposal numbers. Just playing a good system. Moore 27, Newcombe 26, Day 23.

Next set is to stop these pesky red time goals and really bury teams when we have the chance.

Awesome win!!

Moore is a superstar.

Need a please explain from Day? Absolutely sprayed Ginni for the celebration. Surely they've agreed they're allowed to celebrate goals?

Is that what happened there? I thought he was just super pumped given how critical Ginnis goal was, but Day was Fn fired up wasn’t he …
this was a serious performance, we’re going to cause teams all sorts of problems when we run out games and mature as a team..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A big positive for me is that we never seem to have any “accumulators” or massive disposal numbers. Just playing a good system. Moore 27, Newcombe 26, Day 23.

Next set is to stop these pesky red time goals and really bury teams when we have the chance.

We never had them in our 3peat side either outside of Sam. I feel like I would see Gibbo rack up 30 as often as I would see a Lewis, Burgoyne or Hodge.

Quality > quantity.

Nah I think Day was definitely giving him some choice words to pull his head in.

Day did not want the group to lose focus and there was still a job on hand.

Either way whatever it was I liked it from Day. It shows we care.
Saw it at the ground and just watched the replay. Goal on the siren, rush of adrenaline from Will. Clearly an excited rev up, I reckon.

Bit much being made of Ginnivan burning Dear. He got the ball with the plan to score and I don't think he expected to turn around to see two free teammates in an otherwise empty 50.

I've seen plenty of people (including myself) post over the years "I just wish players would take the shot if they're inside 50 rather than look to pass it off".

Of course it's a bit different in this situation and also because he missed, but ultimately he's got that mindset to own the moment. He knew he stuffed up afterwards. Lesser, even more experienced players would have gone into their shell after that. He continued to stand up and help the team get the win.

He's still a kid developing his game. And today's performance overall was really good. Should've had an extra goal if CJ hadn't got his monty shot overturned.
And if you watched Ginni after, he was absolutely gutted with himself too. Gives a shit about us winning and he's a guy who should be backing himself anyway.

Yeah agree just have to run out the quarter - been an issue for awhile now with junk time goals

But have said that nothing going to ruin another good win and had we held on to port and another min we would would have done Collingwood so at this moment may have been in the 8

As weeks roll on, the natural order of leaders springing out organically is exciting as anything. Day and Moore are sticking out the most. The group care and that's obvious to see. Though, we do need to clean our finishing with so many inside 50's been wasted.
God, I hope we brain GWS and tigers in coming weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That will give the media another opportunity to question the effort of our opposition or their coaching. I mean it is becoming a bit of a trend. ;) Perhaps the Hawks have something to do with it.

We controlled the game from start to finish and demolished them in the middle. Our forward line, whilst a lot better than recent years, is still a work in progress. We left a few too many opportunities go.

I am going to have to watch the replay to confirm this, but I think I even saw CMac put his body on the line for a 50/50 contest and fight like a lion. :thumbsu: Great to see.

Dylan Moore is an amazing player for such a small figure. Unbelievable work rate and goes when it is his turn, every single time without fail. Love him.

Our midfield group is young enough to keep developing into a fearsome group. Today they were awesome and I loved the way they flicked the ball around to get it to a dangerous player on the outside.

We are coming and coming hard. Go Hawks.

Very pleasing performance. A few things that need a little polish, but apart from that, the endeavor was superb. I'd like to see them tighten up just a fraction in red time, not sure if that's a fitness thing or not. Also, please take this the right way as I'm more than pleased with Ginnivan, have been all season, but his finishing around goal needs improvement. Turn him into a 3-4 goal forward and we won't lose too many games.

Ginni could have kicked 5 today he’s still a kid. And CJ’s head butt was soft as butter the Crows player tried to milk it …… did it even make contact?
The crow player was holding CJ by the throat before the headbut and the umpire was staring right at it. Crickets until CJ reacted.

Love-

Dylan Moore
Masimos left peg
Chol when he chases with intent
Gunner getting a fitting day out
Adelaide supporters getting a reality check.
A reborn Scrimmers (wink Simon Crawshay)

The rest can wait for another day.
Well done hawks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back